Muv-Luv Alternative TDA 00 and Chronicles Translation Help

Widi

• 2 months later...

how far is the project going? how many traslated lines?

Chicken Divers and Rain Dancers are essentially done. 99-100%.  Might need a quick readthrough.

TDA00 is currently being worked on.  There is supposed to be a patch consisting of the first 1160 lines of TDA that'll come out once we figure some stuff out, as well as the finalized CD and RD.

Something about images having some problems or what have you.

As for an actual total, you have all the numbers you need to know  :)

Chicken Divers and Rain Dancers are essentially done. 99-100%.  Might need a quick readthrough.

TDA00 is currently being worked on.  There is supposed to be a patch consisting of the first 1160 lines of TDA that'll come out once we figure some stuff out, as well as the finalized CD and RD.

Something about images having some problems or what have you.

As for an actual total, you have all the numbers you need to know  :)

If you're having trouble with the images, why don't you just put the translated ones on a folder instead of trying to insert them? Like in the Altered Fable partial patch.  :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, first time I'm on the forum here. I'm from the Muv-Luv wiki, and have recently begun translating TDA 03 and... well, I'm taking the words too literally. My script has a lot of mistakes, seeing as how I'm like a first time translator, which I am of course, and I may do just a tiny bit better than most rookie translators. I have to look up the dictionary over and over again, which says a lot about my vocabulary, but I know how to pick the literal translation words alright. As to what else to say... Well, just lots of mistakes, want to help you guys out to get a general idea of what happens in TDA 03, I'm just an almost total amateur at translating, and I want to learn how to translate properly to English by learning from editors here on Fuwanovel.

So, is it okay if I continue to post my raw translation on the wiki? I know that may sound dumb, but I want that kind of studying-while-reading habit of identifying the words in the Japanese lines through the literal meanings that I pasted for direct reference using Visual Novel Reader.

But I really do need an editor who will correct all my mistakes big time. I want to join the translation community little by little, as you can see, and I'm really dedicated to TDA 03. So... can you guys help me? I know how Japanese works kinda, at least literally, but not what they're actually trying to convey, which I need to learn the technique to from the editors. I'd like to solo translate TDA 03 and give you an idea of what words are used. There were edits made to the wiki that reflected my translation kinda. So if you read my translation, you'll at least get the gist of what's happening.

I'm not that far into it, but I'd like to keep moving forward while also having an editor help me learn the hooks in Japanese-English translation. I've gotten relatively better compared to the first time I translated TDA 01, to be honest, but only relatively. I need the suggestions to be able to translate well so I don't annoy people as much when they look at my translations. I'm up to the part during the patrol after what happens with the Shogun Yuuhi.

I studied Japanese on and off for 3 years, if that means anything, using Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Grammar as a reference.

If anybody helps out, just make sure to point out all my flaws.

And also, my real username for the wiki is EternalDragon77. I made a dumb mistake somehow when registering.

Hmm, well, yes, but I've already lended my script to one of your editors, probably, well, one of the editors of the Alternative game, if that matters. The only main problem I had was that I took the words too literally. And I contact gabgrave through the wiki, right? Well, for now, I will just lurk in the shadows yet be in the open with this translation. It will be open-sourced and anybody can send me their edits so long as they're correcting my mistakes and good. Of course, I'll put the people in the credits section, whoever directly edits my stuff. I'll do a credits section in my blog soon.

But otherwise, I'm just going solo for now. I want to experience everything by myself, not working with a team for a while. I just feel like it spoils my thoughts if I try coordinate my thoughts with other thoughts before I actually finish the game, so I really prefer to read by myself and translate independently from the group, even if I am, well, part of the group because this way, I know the story like the back of my hand as opposed to knowing it through other people's work. And I like reading the Japanese anyway by myself. It just gives that surreal feeling...

Well, gonna contact gabgrave soon, I hope. I think he'll be able to help me on the project.

Oh, so it was your script for TDA01? Yeah, it already reached gabgrave then.

As for "open-source editing", I don't think its good idea. It was tried several times and proved to be bad approach to translations for quite a lot of reasons.

I think you should try joining existing team, there are reserve editors if current one couldn't handle it fast enough, and at very least it would help keep all parts of TDA consistent in terms of language.

I'll PM you gabgrave's email.

Hi Rus, actually the TDA01 script I got is by Albedo. Eternal, drop me an email or pm and we can talk.
Albedo is our current editor and he did some quick translations as well for TDA01. He works fast too.
I'm trying to coordinate the Chronicles translations so that we don't have duplication of effort. You can reach me at [email protected] for such issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone i wanted to give my support for this project. At last someone translates the TDA series keep up the good work guys. Just curious is there an update on how the translation is going for TDA 00 and 01 (I assume from gabgrave's comment that you guys are working on it too?)?

Yeah, both are being worked on. Obviously, TDA 00 is being given priority, and right now Gabe is doing TLC. We don't have an estimate release date, though, real life can get in the way like that. But don't worry, we WILL release it. That said, extra translators are always welcome, so if anyone is interested pm me or mail Gabe at [email protected]

• 1 month later...

Thank you a lot

One question, its full or partial?, because the progress its just 33% here https://fuwanovel.net/novels/muv-luv-alternative-chronicles-01, maybe the fuwanovel page of the VN its not updated because it says "Released" here http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2014/05/vn-translation-status-040514/

Thanks again

Thank you a lot

One question, its full or partial?, because the progress its just 33% here https://fuwanovel.net/novels/muv-luv-alternative-chronicles-01, maybe the fuwanovel page of the VN its not updated because it says "Released" here http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2014/05/vn-translation-status-040514/

Thanks again

That patch is for Chronicles 2 and covers only TDA 01. The 33% patch is for Chronicles 1.

That patch is for Chronicles 2 and covers only TDA 01. The 33% patch is for Chronicles 1.

Thanks, but i cant find the game to download, in sukebei i cant find it and in fuwa its only Chronicles 1, do you know where i can find it? Great worl btw, just read the post Muv Luv Alternative Chronicles 02 patch

thanks for that too

Thanks, but i cant find the game to download, in sukebei i cant find it and in fuwa its only Chronicles 1, do you know where i can find it? Great work btw,

Someone knows where can i find it? I only found a torrent of 30gb and it seems like it has everything muv luv related with the exeption of Chronicles 1 and 2 so im still in nothing