Monobeno -Happy End- Translation Project

l0li

The next chapter has begun in the continuing saga of Lose trying to crowdsource ideas for their next VN.

http://www.lose.jp/wp/imp

So this time the reward image was all the girls in their underwear. And Lose basically said 'Wow you guys gave us way too freaking many costume ideas, please pick from this gigantic list for each girl which one you'd like to see especially'. Which seems kind of bizarre since why wouldn't everyone just re-pick what they picked last time? Also they made the list for each girl the same. Also they said some people asked for 'forbidden' costumes, which if I remember Japanese law correctly means they wanted some of the younger girls to have H-scenes while wearing grade school backpacks.

The number and diversity of school swimsuits asked for boggles my mind. I guess I was naive to think 'school swimsuit' in and of itself was a costume, but no Japanese erofans are connoisseurs apparently and are very specific about exactly what kind of school swimsuit they want.

I don't feel like learning the specifics of this, but we can all agree that this is the best crowdfunding campaign ever, right?

I don't feel like learning the specifics of this, but we can all agree that this is the best crowdfunding campaign ever, right?

Not really crowdfunding, they're just asking fans for input on which characters to give H scenes and what kinds of costumes people want to see.

The next chapter has begun in the continuing saga of Lose trying to crowdsource ideas for their next VN.

So this time the reward image was all the girls in their underwear. And Lose basically said 'Wow you guys gave us way too freaking many costume ideas, please pick from this gigantic list for each girl which one you'd like to see especially'. Which seems kind of bizarre since why wouldn't everyone just re-pick what they picked last time? Also they made the list for each girl the same. Also they said some people asked for 'forbidden' costumes, which if I remember Japanese law correctly means they wanted some of the younger girls to have H-scenes while wearing grade school backpacks.

The number and diversity of school swimsuits asked for boggles my mind. I guess I was naive to think 'school swimsuit' in and of itself was a costume, but no Japanese erofans are connoisseurs apparently and are very specific about exactly what kind of school swimsuit they want.

No grade school backpack..? But... but that's the purest form of loli :(

Also Jesus christ why did they hold a first survey if they're going to have 1000 options?

Can't compute.

0/10 because no backpack.

No grade school backpack..? But... but that's the purest form of loli :(

Also Jesus christ why did they hold a first survey if they're going to have 1000 options?

Can't compute.

0/10 because no backpack.

From what I understand, in order for the government to overlook lolicon stuff made by professional companies, the companies need deniability. Thus the 'everyone in this game is 18+' disclaimer despite everyone obviously not being over 18. Red backpacks are a 100% sign that we're dealing with actual elementary school kids and therefore are a no-no because they break the deniability.

According to some of my Japanese lolicon friends this is such a big deal that some companies will 'leak' CG patches for their games to re-instate red backpacks that were taken out of their games.

... also it's amazing how many different variations of 'naked' were included in that survey.

According to some of my Japanese lolicon friends this is such a big deal that some companies will 'leak' CG patches for their games to re-instate red backpacks that were taken out of their games.

This is why I respect Japan.  And here we are kowtowing when companies go the extra mile and include content that was supposed to be there in the first place.  Japan is simply superior.

This is the most needlessly long list I've ever seen. I love it.

• 1 month later...

I don't think it is. I remember someone posting about progress on /jp/ a few weeks ago or something. I'd wait a bit longer before assuming it's dead. 

I see. Thank you for the information, maybe I should lurk /jp/ more.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess I can officially declare this project dead now. Why? 2 translators simply don't reply to my emails and the third one at least had the respect to quit.
Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to play it.

I will put what we have together in a patch and release it on our website http://tl.lolis.org probably this week.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...