Monobeno -Happy End- Translation Project

l0li

We have decided to create a translation for this game, we are sure many have been waiting for it already.

This will be our first project and it is a very long one (the game has about 60-70k lines) but I hope we will be able to complete it. We already have the first few hundred lines translated by Zakudono, you can download the video here.

If you want to work with us on this project, please send me a PM or an email. You can also visit our website for more information: http://tl.lolis.org

Translation team members:

Translators: Zakudono, Nash
Editors: Kaylersick
Testers: --
Project Coordination: l0li

About the game:

Trailer/Opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deFkUsxz8k4

Description:
This is the sequel to Monobeno, with after stories for Sumi, Alice, Natsuha, and a pre-story for Hishakaku. It also rewrites parts of Sumi and Alice’s route which seem like bad ends for Natsuha, and adds a toggle for certain CGs. Upon players’ requests, the H scenes are more numerous and intense.

Monobeno original Story:
Sawai Tooru and his younger sister Natsuha venture back to their rural home town Monobeno – their first visit in six years. Here they reunite with their childhood friend Alice (a girl who labels herself as Tooru’s fiancee), and a Yamori Youkai in the form of a small child.

After their nostalgic reunion it was not long before the town readies itself for the night of Himemiya Ryuu Shichi Seisai. During the festival, the Monobeno’s ancient, ‘Face Dance’ was being performed when Natsuha suddenly collapsed and was rushed home. The next night, Natsuha’s body turned into that of an adult’s and her lower body bled for the first time. Tooru, fearing for his imouto’s life hastened in his search of a cure…

Source: 1, 2

I don't get it, does this contain the original game as well? 

I was also confused at first. But yes, it also includes parts of the original story so you don't have to play the "prequel" (it is not really one) to understand it.

It has a tag of "Protagonist with sexual experience".  I'm confused; I thought all male protags were virgins that knew exactly how to pleasure women? :P

Not really into lolis, but you've sparked my interest.  I like stories with mythology, so I'll be following your progress.  Good luck!

Quick question, though: according to VNDB, Monobeno -Happy End- has a standard version and a deluxe version.  Which one will you be translating?

More loli banging. I remember this having so much ero, my friend literally quit and didn't want to continue. Not a bad game, if you're into wincest. The whole idea seemed kind of wasted, tho; there aren't many vn's with similiar feel and such preety art.

Good luck on the project, you'll propably need it :makina:

It has a tag of "Protagonist with sexual experience". I'm confused; I thought all male protags were virgins that knew exactly how to pleasure women? :P

Not really into lolis, but you've sparked my interest. I like stories with mythology, so I'll be following your progress. Good luck!

Quick question, though: according to VNDB, Monobeno -Happy End- has a standard version and a deluxe version. Which one will you be translating?

It looks like both are the same. They probably just come with little extras.

It looks like both are the same. They probably just come with little extras.

^ This.

I have the deluxe edition and the only difference is that it includes soundtrack and drama-CD's. It does not really make a difference which one you have I think, I just got the first one on the site I used.

Since Mangagamer said they wouldn't touch this game due to the extreme fetish elements, a fan translation was basically the only chance of ever seeing this in English.

This is pretty much THE defining loli-ge.  The EGS median is 83, putting it in kami-ge territory if this is your sort of thing.

There seems to be a massive number of content patches.  Are you going to translate those too?

Since Mangagamer basically said they wouldn't touch this game due to the extreme fetish elements, a fan translation was basically the only chance of ever seeing this in English.

That's kinda surprising, just going by the tags on vndb there dosn't seem to be anything THAT extreme and I'm pretty sure most of those tags appear in many other mangagamer localizations...... unless it's another case of lolicon legal troubles.

That's kinda surprising, just going by the tags on vndb there dosn't seem to be anything THAT extreme and I'm pretty sure most of those tags appear in many other mangagamer localizations...... unless it's another case of lolicon legal troubles.

The lolicon factor in this game is extreme. One of the main heroines has the appearance of like a six year old.

It was an ironic statement, considering Mangagamer is working on Euphoria at this very moment.  But yes, English publishers won't touch this due to the loli factor.  Even Mangagamer, which is most willing to push the boundaries with games like Koihime Musou and Imouto Paradise.  It's kind of disappointing.  Violent rape, mutilation, and psychological trauma is ok, but a sweet romantic drama like this isn't?

It was an ironic statement, considering Mangagamer is working on Euphoria at this very moment.  But yes, English publishers won't touch this due to the loli factor.  Even Mangagamer, which is most willing to push the boundaries with games like Koihime Musou and Imouto Paradise.  It's kind of disappointing.  Violent rape, mutilation, and psychological trauma is ok, but a sweet romantic drama like this isn't?

Honestly, even though I try to have an open mind about these things, I still get grossed out by the prospect of Sumi h-scenes, and to a lesser extent Natsuha. If even I react that way to Monobeno's content, MangaGamer is probably right by avoiding it. There are plenty of fish in the ocean, no reason to pick such a high-risk product.