Serious to the End (full version is available!)

firecat

summary

Our narrator born in Hawaii meets a young college student who goes to the same school. He was practicing for the 10k marathon until the narrator saw the young girl crying. Her name is Aya, her trouble life is leading her to consider suicide or murder as an alternative to being happy. The story progress to more and more life changing events that happens almost everyday in the real world. I wont reveal how many ends there are but it is multichoice until you reach an ending.

The game won't be free (for a good reason) anyone who buys the game will help fund American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, the game will be for $2. In math terms this is how much the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention will get for each game brought.

special thanks to konett for allowing the characters to be use for commercial use

Aya_scared_zps1wlq3wtt.png

demo version can be downloaded here:

http://firecat.itch.io/serious-to-the-end

------------------------------------------------------------------update-------------------------------------------------------------

dont worry the project is still going, i haven't post any updates so let me go over on what happen.

* i have added a new textbox, one that feels hawaii

serious_to_the_end___screenshot_1_by_big

* another addition is multiple language but separate games, in other words it means you can play the game in Spanish, Japanese and English (so no it originally was never meant to be a OELVN project).

* the storyline is about 30% at this point with japanese being at 10%, this is due to misspelling by google translate so i have to fix it most of the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------update 2-------------------------------------------------------------------

video trailer for the game is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHdeC82mv0M&feature=youtu.be

* also the game is now only english and spanish version. i could not stand with google misleading me on japanese and delaying the project.

* the price is still the same, only $2

* android version will be available at amazon as well as separate OP systems such as mac, linux and windows.

* full download of everything (including android) will be place on itch.io and fireflower.

* support for rising awareness in suicide death has been made in thunderclap:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/27606-suicide-awareness-funding?locale=en

----------------------------------------------------------------final update----------------------------------------------------------

its finally release!

So...will it be on Steam, or through some other platform or site?  Just wondering.  I don't like using Paypal  >.>

I cant make it through steam they charge $100 and I only expect like $50 to be made from the game alone. steam also takes like 30% or more from profits so that is a big lost (itch only 10% or 5%). $100 is a lot for me so Why would I spend that much when I also have amazon to help with advertising (new thing came out), the android version can also be in itch.io so steam seems less and less useful.

• 2 weeks later...
updates, updates everywhere.

video trailer for the game is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHdeC82mv0M&feature=youtu.be

* also the game is now only english and spanish version. i could not stand with google misleading me on japanese and delaying the project.

* the price is still the same, only $2

* android version will be available at amazon as well as separate OP systems such as mac, linux and windows.

* full download of everything (including android) will be place on itch.io and fireflower.

* support for rising awareness in suicide death has been made in thunderclap:

[waiting for approval]

Will you be getting someone to at least proofread this? You've got either a typo or a grammar goof in your one grameplay screenshot which is not very encouraging (it should be arrives).

Otherwise I do like the intent, though I have no idea if it will be worthy of the subject matter.

Will you be getting someone to at least proofread this? You've got either a typo or a grammar goof in your one grameplay screenshot which is not very encouraging (it should be arrives).

Otherwise I do like the intent, though I have no idea if it will be worthy of the subject matter.