[PSA] Updates On The Rules

I'm not good at this kind of stuff but I figured I'd inform the community of the updates that have happened on the forum guidelines.

Feel free to check the updated thread for yourself here

Not much has changed but I'd like to point out the key changes:

• Several definitions were added at the bottom (may add more later)
  • Rule enforcement system was taken down
  • Several bullets were added under guidelines

The most notorious one, the rule enforcement changes, comes from discussion and feedback among the staff and the LC and it is not meant to say "there is no rule enforcement", it's meant to say that we're not going to have a super specific program laid out on what kind of punishments you'll get for doing something.

The reasons for this are to prevent loopholes and to allow more leeway for the staff to act when they see something is wrong in the context at hand. Our community grows each day and the environment changes, so instead of having to constantly upate the rules, we'll try to have the staff act as they see fit on it instead.

Now I know this is likely not pleasant to hear for some, maybe a lot, but the staff is trying to evolve and make a good environment for everyone and the new rules created are meant to address concerns that popped up recently, so I guess all I'm asking is some trust from the members when it comes to enforcing the rules and dealing with problematic people.

The Coliseum of Chatter rules were also discussed and while I did say they were temporary when I made them, no one really had any changes to suggest to the rules I wrote so I ended up leaving them as is and added just one more point in there, they should be fairly encompassing for the time being.

There'll also be a rules post for the Anime & Manga bord going up soon because that board has never had rules and I think it's about time it had some.

That is all.