Recording problems with Majikoi

Nobody

I've been recording scenes from the first Majikoi game and Majikoi A-1 and just today when I tried recording again it didn't work. It won't even show the FPS on the game anymore.

When I tried Fraps, FPS isn't shown so I can't record.

Same problem with Dxtory it just stopped working all of a sudden.

With OBS the audio works but the video doesn't, just shows a black screen when I try previewing or recording.

Currently on Windows 8.1 AMD Radeon HD 7640g, I've updated all my drivers and tried reinstall Majikoi but it still doesn't work.

Anyone know what's happening?

I'm afraid I only have experience with Fraps, but the issue is probably similar with the other programs. It uses some sort of system to determine if you have a game running which doesn't recognize fullscreened windows as games, so it just doesn't recognize you as playing anything and doesn't record as a result. Of course there's probably a bit more to it since you can (I think) record actual games in windowed mode, but that's the gist of it.

Try looking for an option in OBS that would allow you to record your desktop and then fullscreen the VN, that might work.

Edit: Admittedly I haven't used Fraps with VNs, so based on what Tenkuru said I might be talking out of my ass.

I tried using Fraps to record both Majikoi and Majikoi A-1, and it works without a hitch.

Is your FPS overlay enabled? Try toggling the frame rate counter to see if it shows up (default is f12, I think). If that doesn't work, try checking "Monitor Aero Desktop" and see if it works.

use bandicam is 100000% better than fraps which is not being updated since almost 2 years now..

The problem with Bandicam is that it stops working when you switch to Japanese locale and tells you to buy a separate key (I actually bought a Bandicam license). There's probably some way to circumvent it but the little bit of effort I put in to finding it hasn't yielded any results, cracks included.

I tried using Fraps to record both Majikoi and Majikoi A-1, and it works without a hitch.

Is your FPS overlay enabled? Try toggling the frame rate counter to see if it shows up (default is f12, I think). If that doesn't work, try checking "Monitor Aero Desktop" and see if it works.

I ended up uninstalling Fraps, I'm now using Dxtory and it's back up and working. The problem was the config file in my "みなとそふと\マジこい!" was corrupted for whatever reason so I ended up deleting my saves and downloaded a 100% save file from Sagaoz. Thanks for helping out appreciate it!

use bandicam is 100000% better than fraps which is not being updated since almost 2 years now..

I will be primarily using Dxtory and OBS now, Bandicam doesn't work for VN's unless I get the Japanese version.

I'm afraid I only have experience with Fraps, but the issue is probably similar with the other programs. It uses some sort of system to determine if you have a game running which doesn't recognize fullscreened windows as games, so it just doesn't recognize you as playing anything and doesn't record as a result. Of course there's probably a bit more to it since you can (I think) record actual games in windowed mode, but that's the gist of it.

Try looking for an option in OBS that would allow you to record your desktop and then fullscreen the VN, that might work.

Edit: Admittedly I haven't used Fraps with VNs, so based on what Tenkuru said I might be talking out of my ass.

Yeah it had nothing to do with my recording software suprisingly, the Majikoi config file was corrupted so once I deleted it and got a new one it started working again. Thanks for helping out! I really appreciate it.

The problem with Bandicam is that it stops working when you switch to Japanese locale and tells you to buy a separate key (I actually bought a Bandicam license). There's probably some way to circumvent it but the little bit of effort I put in to finding it hasn't yielded any results, cracks included.

I use the jap ver :P (gomplayer) and yeah it uses the same serial, if you can't make it work just contact the support team and they will help you out :) but it sucks because bandicam it's better than gomplayer at least for me it looks more optimized.