Need Recommendation [rpg]

illumi1412

The Rance series is a pretty popular series of H-RPGs. Unfortunately none of the recent ones are available in english other than Sengoku Rance, which is of a different genre (strategy). Rance 6's translation is progressing quickly, though, that should be done in two or three months.

There is Yumina the Ethereal, which has dungeon crawling, but not a lot of h-scenes. Another game by the same team, Aselia the Eternal, is a strategy RPG and also not bad, but the english version is all-ages.

The Raidy series has what you want, while I personally think they're not very good they seem to have a fair amount of fans. The third game is coming out in english in a couple months.

Bunny Black 2 is not out in english yet. You can check to see which games have english versions or not by checking VNDB.

The Rance series is a pretty popular series of H-RPGs. Unfortunately none of the recent ones are available in english other than Sengoku Rance, which is of a different genre (strategy). Rance 6's translation is progressing quickly, though, that should be done in two or three months.

I'm actually intrigued in trying out The Rance Series. I saw a few descriptions and screenshots of it, it looks quite Strategy-ish I think (is it?). I'm a big strategy/RPG fan, especially if it's more turn-based.

I'll be looking into that one on my leisure time.

I'm actually intrigued in trying out The Rance Series. I saw a few descriptions and screenshots of it, it looks quite Strategy-ish I think (is it?). I'm a big strategy/RPG fan, especially if it's more turn-based.

Only Sengoku Rance and Kichikuou Rance are strategy games. The rest of the series is just RPG. Though beside the pretty nice gameplay the series has a pretty nice lore and cool characters.

I also recommend Kamidori, it is pretty good, having played it myself( never even got to finish a single route depiste like 50+ hours of grind), but you play Bunny black, so I assume that grind does not bother you since bunny black has grinding too 

Neat, I'm not sure which one to start out with though. Any idea?

And I'm planning on trying all of them if they're all equally good.

The series starts off a bit slow and boring, but that's just to introduce some of the important characters. Start from the beginning. Things pick up in the third game. Currently only 1, 2, 3, 4, 4.1, 4.2, KR, and SR are translated. 5D and 6 should be out sometime soon.

I haven't actually played any of the Rance games other than Sengoku (and didn't like it very much). I was planning on playing some at some point. I think I'll just start with 6 once that's translated. I really don't feel up for playing 1-4, they're super old and honestly just don't look very good regardless of their age.

I haven't actually played any of the Rance games other than Sengoku (and didn't like it very much). I was planning on playing some at some point. I think I'll just start with 6 once that's translated. I really don't feel up for playing 1-4, they're super old and honestly just don't look very good regardless of their age.

There are remakes for 1 and 2 with 3 coming out pretty soon. Only 02 is translated and 01 will get one eventually. Rance 6 isn't too bad of a starting point. I hear it's one of the better Rance games.

Thanks i'll check em out.

What's name of vn in your signature ? Face of Fact? is there english version?

Also I want everyone's opinion on Koihime vn. 

The avatar is Reinhardt Heydrich, one of the antagonists from Dies Irae, the most famous untranslated chuunige VN.  It is also famous as being untranslatable. 

You should know that pretty much just the interface has been translated for Soukoku and Zero, at least that was the case the last time I checked.  I don't know where the Zero tl project is on it right now.

Yeah, agree with GetterEmperor, Sengoku Rance is most likely the most famous of the series, a great turn based RPG, with great story. The art is really good, (no voice unfortunetly). The game can be pretty hard at some moments, but that is more thrilling that way. And for the original post, bunny black 2 and 3 are on their way to be translated. Since the first one wasn't the main target first, but he decided to translate the first one, to have a " complete " story.

From what I've played, Yumina the Ethereal and Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Is Bunny Black dungeon crawling good? I want to try that next.

Also you can try Fate Extra which isn't an eroge but it has an element similar to a VN and tons of dungeon crawling.

I just finished bunny black, it was actually pretty great. A good mix of all the elements and the combat/leveling system actually feels amazingly rewarding, my only qualm was the difficulty curve was a little imbalanced; it started out extremely difficult but ended up being a cakewalk, there was no real need to switch to second or third tier units (my first tier units just steamrolled everything including the last boss without any difficulty.) I played on normal, I would recommend anyone who picks it up play it on the hardest difficulty as the curve is a little wonky. It also has a new game + option (but it isn't necessary to get all the scenes, and doesn't really offer much in the way of new content.) Although Bunny Black was grindy for sure, the grinding felt somewhat rewarding as you are awarded scene variations and new dialog. As far as ero RPG games go, it was one of my favorites by far.

To the OP, another great dungeon crawler which may be lost to the annals of time is Words Worth, it is old but I feel like it is definitely worth playing if you can get your hands on an english copy and then get it working. The story-line is actually somewhat gripping, and even though there isn't as much ero content as Bunny Black, the cg that are included are very well drawn (I really loved the art style but the censorship can be somewhat off putting.), the story makes up for most of its shortcomings and actually feels like a somewhat epic tale of progression and growth. The gameplay is unique in that it plays out like a first person shooter/slasher (no turn based combat here.).

Be forewarned, it is quite grindy and the difficulty curve is extremely unforgiving (i.e: you will destroy one fight, then a few steps further you will encounter an enemy which will dispatch you in a few hits.)