Crayten reacted to Aizen-Sama for a blog entry, Witch's Garden Revival (Luna Translations)
Hello guys. This is going to be some long ass post because there are several things that I need to inform everyone who follows both our current project (Majo Koi Nikki) and the people who follow the Witch’s Garden project.
First of all, the people who follow the latter know that Witch’s Garden suffered a major setback some time ago, meaning that they would stall the project. Well, not anymore because we’re taking over. From now on Luna Translations will work on two projects at the same time, the second one being Witch’s Garden, we basically merged with the last team working on it and we’ll oversee the operations from now on.
Now, I’ll brief everyone regarding what will happen from now on and how will we handle this project:
1. First and foremost, what we noticed before we agreed to help here is that their main problem was TLC progress. This means that ALL of our focus will go into TLC primarily. The translator who was in charge before us had a line fail rate of around 20% , so heavy TLC will be needed.
2. Progress and updates will be given WEEKLY, just like we do with Majo Koi Nikki.
3. The editing done so far in their project won’t be used by us, since we believe it doesn’t possess the quality standards we want, so we’ll scrape it off. Our editing progress will be steadier and faster than the last team.
4. This one might get some people salty, but we intend to take down the prologue patch that the old team released. The quality of the translation in it is poor as well as the editing. In exchange, we’ll be releasing a longer partial patch, which will contain Prologue + Common or part of the common route+ translated interface, that’ll be decided later though.
5. I’m still setting up the team to work on it, although we will start fairly soon once we set up the scripts correctly. If anyone is interested to help all positions except editors are open (QC, Proofreading, Translation and TLC).
6. Expect a very high quality end result.
Anyways, I’ll present the current team roster:
Porygon (Interface/ Hacker)
*This is NOT the final team and we’re still recruiting people.
Anyways, I think that’s a quick brief for now. If you guys have any questions just post a comment below and I’ll try to answer all of them.
Have a nice day.
Crayten reacted to Nosebleed for a blog entry, Immoral Little Translation Project
Project thread can be found here.
Well, here we are once again with another translation project.
After the success of Lilium x Triangle I was thinking of taking a break for a while but, honestly, with college starting and me taking Japanese classes, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a project on the side to work on, and it's also a good way to kind of level up for me.
The game in question this time is another nukige titled Immoral Little by Apricot Cherry.
Warning: Copious amounts of lolis
Immoral Little is about 4 times the length of Lilium x Triangle with 11.6k lines of text so this will definitely be an increase in workload, and obviously the time needed to complete it will definitely not be the same as Lilium x Triangle was.
As far as updates go, I probably will not be updating this every 200-500 lines like last time but instead whenever I feel like there was significant progress made.
This will be a much longer journey so I hope some of you will at least stick around and support us in bringing more lolis to the west.
No screenshots on the OP because everything's NSFW.
Current Project Staff
Translator/Project Lead: Nosebleed
When will the project be done?
How long is this game?
About 5-6 hours depending on reading speed.
Will you ever release a partial?
Will you translate the sequel?
I want to help.
Currently we're looking for a capable quality checker so you can apply for that, I will post here if there's other positions we need.
Where's my yuri!?
There was only one other yuri game I had interest in but there's a high chance that MangaGamer will license it and I do not wish to get in MangaGamer's way and deal with NDAs or DMCAs, hence why I gave up on the idea. And no I do not wish to work with MangaGamer either at this point in time.
Why are you translating a nukige again!? I don't like it!
Mom, is that you?
Stop ruining the visual novel world.
Crayten reacted to sanahtlig for a blog entry, Tell Debonosu you want the uncut version of Kagura Douchuuki
I wrote yesterday about the Steam Greenlight campaign for Debonosu's Kagura Douchuuki, a rogue-like H-RPG. Read my article for coverage of the announcement and a first impression. As Steam doesn't allow adult content, this release will be censored, with all adult content removed. Kagura Douchuuki contains dozens of H-scenes, so the content removed will be considerable. By my estimation, more CG will be removed than left behind. The game's art will be thoroughly gutted. Not only will the game itself be butchered beyond recognition, but if left unchecked this sets a dangerous precedent for future English releases that cannot be ignored. If Japanese developers get the impression that Steam is the one and only venue for visual novels, this will be the first of many Steam-only releases of VNs that were originally ero-games.
I've contacted both Debonosu and Sekai Project via Twitter, with no response. It's time to escalate this.
For those who are opposed to Steam censorship of this title, here's what you can do.
Go to Debonosu's twitter account (@debonosu) and tweet this message:
If the ero scenes are removed from Kagura Douchuuki, the game will lose its main selling point. Please give us the 18+ version in English!
If enough fans speak up, they might listen and also release the original 18+ version in partnership with an eroge publisher like Sekai Project, Mangagamer, or JAST USA.
Edit: On a reader's suggestion, I changed the message to make more sense to a Japanese reader. The old message was:
I am opposed to censorship. Please give us the 18+ version (in English)!