All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

what? is it at least avoidable? This is the thing I hate the most...
  3. Yesterday
  4. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

Its exactly what it says. Its unfortunate they decided to do that.
  5. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

wait, what is this ntr tag? Am I dreaming?
  6. Fuwanovel Confessions

Hah, well, I got into that hellhole (android games) a few times since writing that post. I pretty much always try out those low-maintenance ones and love the daily reward routine (that one I'm playing consistently is much less heavy on that). Of course, even two convenient online games together are way too time consuming with how my schedule usually looks. On the other hand, it's still hard for me to not check out new ones when I feel particularly tired or dejected and want to distract myself - I simply get rid of them as soon as I start feeling I can do something better with my time (usually after a 3-5 days of playing them casually, sometimes including some small in-app purchases). Didn't even touch "real" MMOs though, or any games in "forbidden" genres (sandbox/strategy/grindy RPGs) - I know myself well enough to not even consider it. I think I tried playing a bit of Medieval: Total War (the first one) early this year, or around December? Just from nostalgia. Got rid of it after two days, with a pretty major hangover left from the experience. Plus some mechanics in it are really messed up, maintaining a large empire is a nightmare... If these games are controllable, it's definitely not in my case and I can hardly imagine any mental techniques changing that, so I'm barely even tempted at this point. Even if stumbling upon Warhammer: Total War sale on Steam makes me sweat a bit, I was never close to actually falling back into this pit of misery. :>
  7. Fuwanovel Confessions

Hey, remember how I said I had a good method for coping with my MMO addiction? Turns out I was lying to myself. I've allowed myself to become a complete wreck since I started playing Runescape, and I delved even further into madness with Android gaming. I thought I could manage my addictive tendencies with proper awareness, but I failed miserably (those daily login incentives get me every time). Just thought I'd let you know in case you had any lingering thoughts of going back. It's not worth it.
  8. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

I think, many people in the VN community are spoiled at this point. Still, I think this isn't particularly important, since I still find it way more interesting how this VN will handle these spoilers than what these spoilers are. But, well, I'm pretty insensitive to spoilers myself, so maybe you're different.
  9. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

It's a deconstruction of the moege genre tbh
  10. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

>not playing the game 200 trillion times smh at this lazy QA
  11. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

It is one of the VNs I was looking forward to the most a while ago, but my interest kinda cooled off after I was spoiled to all hell in one fell swoop while I was looking up info on another VN. I'm still going to buy it and read it, but it feels pretty sad to already know what I imagine is the most important event in the entire story.
  12. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

Well, having ntr knocks it down from the "too read" list pretty quickly.
  13. Hi from Croatia!

Clannad was kinda my introduction to the VN world and I absolutely loved it.
  14. Hi from Croatia!

I'll be sure to check them out, thanks!
  15. kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi

https://vndb.org/v7738 translation and editing is finished, now it's in quality assurance. might be coming out around summer this year. also, some info from the translator: i've been wanting to play this for a few years, but i couldn't since i wasn't that good at japanese. when i heard this was getting a translation, i was hyped af. anyone else looking forward to this?
  16. Foreword: I made up mind not to read reviews about BM0 in order to preserve original experience, but I was surprised to see negative impressions of BM0 in other visual novel reviews of 2002! Wow, what could this game possibly do to piss so many people off? Can it really be worse than DoNoR with its blurry backgrounds? Title: BM0 Zankoku na Yoru ni Kanojo no Sakebi wa Dare ni mo Kikoenai. Developer: FlyingShine Date: 2003-02-21 VNDB link:https://vndb.org/v9602 Youtube walkthrough:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y400wnxf22s&list=PLs4Gp5VU4Fv8rKP5oDa1nzt0KevjFrmhw&index=24&t=0s Synopsis: Main character grows up in an orphanage in a mafia sub-district of Tokyo together with several girls. The orphanage gets burned down, and children get to live in a private family. However, family members die, and protagonist urgently needs money to pay for girl Rina's surgery. He agrees to take up a job of district black market's sweeper. He is in charge of disposal of "products" which is a code word for human traffic. His reality is colored with invisible desires and dead bodies. Structure: None Length: 9 hours Game type: Dark underground crime action drama Difficulty: Very easy - each choice is either moving on or game over with branching only in the very end. Character Design rating: 1/10 Protagonist rating: 1/10 Story rating: 1/10 Game quality: 1/10 Overall rating: 1/10 Should I even go on at this point? Well, of course I should, but the less I like the game - the less I can write about it - by this logic I should already stop here. Speaking seriously, I spent some time thinking whether game actually deserves a 2 for those few action CG, but my inner judge did not agree to this compromise. There's nothing to appreciate here. Heroines are absolutely detesting , protagonist is really evil , story is non-existing, pace is horrible in the way that story jumps somewhere all the time without explaining anything or caring to offer just human language dialogue. Heroes moan, weep, rave and just speak rubbish all the time. But that's not enough to rate any game this low. The reason is that the only thing that stays in memory after the game is utter disgust. Game includes lolicon insult, eye gauging, piercing wounds including fatal ones, gay-ish scenes, corpse grinder, minced limbs, human torso on meat hooks, lots of rubber including gas-masks and just abundance of meat and juice. Is it enough to avert anyone from the game? I don't know, maybe I just have weak stomach, but I was close to throwing up couple times. I still am when I recollect some scenes, so please excuse me for not relying on concrete examples here. All those piercing cries still stay in my head. My main complaint is that story does not lead anywhere and does not bring anything to the reader. My second complaint is why such game is needed at all? It is awful in every aspect and just can't be liked by anyone. Is it self-esteem for making the most senseless and disgusting game of the time? FlyingShine hit rock bottom with BM0. I am disappointed to such extent that I'm going to skip its two next ero-tilt games completely. I've no idea how company managed to exist until it was saved by Tanaka Romeo's Cross†Channel. And I just hope I recover enough by that time to overview Umi kara Kuru Mono that was issued in the same month as Cross†Channel. Game still has several nice CG, and I really hope to remember the game only by these CG one day.
  17. Its been a long time

Or Sumaga...
  18. i need help guys with VNR ~~

I reommend install ATLAS too sometimes there's some phrase LEC can't translate. So you can compare it. Your welcome and enjoy it
  19. Its been a long time

Still better than Sekai Project's timelines....
  20. I mean a relative industry newcomer trying to get fucking UMINEKO of all things dubbed was wild in the first place. I'll be fine if we ever get this. And if not that's also fine because Umineko should always be experienced with its 4:3 blurry background glory
  21. What are you playing?

I was wondering whatever happened to your playthrough. So, in my case, I felt somewhat differently. At the start, I thought the characters were all generic, but the more endings with them I got the more sides to them I got to see, and began to think they were rather interesting. But fair enough. I haven't played many games with such different scenarios depending on my choices, so that, at least, was very interesting. Since you've finished, here's some good moments you might have missed:
  22. Umineko

Man if you're enjoying EP1 by the time the folks only arrive at the island you're going to fucking ADORE the rest
  23. Japanese Help Thread

The old as balls ONE fan translation changes a kanji reading test to an English spelling test and it works well (it was more necessary since you actually took it, but still). I don't think localizing this is any weirder; people will get that you localized something Japanese-cultural - there will about two point five people on 4chan complaining about it, but that means you've done the right thing. Japanese readers have a decent chance of knowing the correct 四字熟語, as the protagonist does. You're changing the experience for English readers if they don't have that. Under the theory of translating for as equivalent an experience as you can, I think the way you're going about it is suboptimal. I also seriously hope you're not using 『』 in the actual tl unless engine reasons absolutely compel you to. The hollow set of quote brackets is even more weeb than ordinary Japanese quotes. Again, why are you using Japanese quotes?
  24. Daddy’s Goodnight Kiss is a visual novel made with Renpy. Click the screen to progress the story. The game prompts you with branching dialog choices at key moments in the story. Press CTRL to skip dialogue. Press ‘H’ to hide the dialogue box. At the start of the game, you’re given multiple presets to decide the setup of the story. Does banging your stepdaughter seem gross and unethical? You can choose the “Tutor” preset, so you’ll be banging your student instead. And for the super vanilla fappers, you can even choose “Roommate” and remove the taboo content entirely. Each character in the game has special stats that indicate how far you’ve gotten in earning their trust. Whether it’s “affection” or “discipline”, each girl has unique prerequisites that you’ll need to fulfill if you want to fuck them. These girls’ needs can be met by talking to them, giving them gifts, and unlocking special sexy events with them. The sex can start out as a foot rub. Play your cards right, and you’ll be giving them a whole lot more than a rub! The protagonist has stats of his own: Seduction, Law, and Coding. ‘Seduction’ increases relationship success. ‘Coding’ increases money earned from your job. A high ‘Law’ status earns you the best ending, where you successfully divorce your wife! Stats can be raised at home, or in town. You level up the stats halfway at home, then find a special location in town to raise them higher. You can start lifting weights at home, but soon you won’t be making “gains” anymore, and have to enroll at a gym. There is an achievement system that serves as a game-guide to show you which scenes you’ve unlocked so far. Once you’ve gotten all achievements, you’ll know that you’ve 100% completed the game. MORE INFO HERE
  25. Daddy's Goodnight Kiss

Daddy’s Goodnight Kiss is a visual novel made with Renpy. Click the screen to progress the story. The game prompts you with branching dialog choices at key moments in the story. Press CTRL to skip dialogue. Press ‘H’ to hide the dialogue box. At the start of the game, you’re given multiple presets to decide the setup of the story. Does banging your stepdaughter seem gross and unethical? You can choose the “Tutor” preset, so you’ll be banging your student instead. And for the super vanilla fappers, you can even choose “Roommate” and remove the taboo content entirely. Each character in the game has special stats that indicate how far you’ve gotten in earning their trust. Whether it’s “affection” or “discipline”, each girl has unique prerequisites that you’ll need to fulfill if you want to fuck them. These girls’ needs can be met by talking to them, giving them gifts, and unlocking special sexy events with them. The sex can start out as a foot rub. Play your cards right, and you’ll be giving them a whole lot more than a rub! The protagonist has stats of his own: Seduction, Law, and Coding. ‘Seduction’ increases relationship success. ‘Coding’ increases money earned from your job. A high ‘Law’ status earns you the best ending, where you successfully divorce your wife! Stats can be raised at home, or in town. You level up the stats halfway at home, then find a special location in town to raise them higher. You can start lifting weights at home, but soon you won’t be making “gains” anymore, and have to enroll at a gym. There is an achievement system that serves as a game-guide to show you which scenes you’ve unlocked so far. Once you’ve gotten all achievements, you’ll know that you’ve 100% completed the game. MORE INFO HERE
  26. i need help guys with VNR ~~

yep installed LEC and its working now thank you soo muccchhh
  27. What are you playing?

It's been a long time since I updated on my progress here, so here we go. So, I finished both Bodyguard routes and about the half of Adage's route, and, unfortunately, while the second half of the common route was pretty great, the character routes made me completely disappointed, so I decided to drop this game. Well, this game does have some very good points, mostly in how it handles its route setting, and the setting is also quite unique (though, after finishing both routes focused on Liberaritas, I still have pretty shallow understanding of how the Depth's society functions. The plot might be pretty interesting at times, though its mostly meh due to mediocre characterization. That leads me to the next point - the part that broke the game completely for me is the characters. When it comes to the love interests, basically every one of them follows some very common anime archetype without having any additional depth at all. The female protagonist is a bit better, but not by much. I find it quite funny that, while the story tries to present her as proactive and 'badass', in realty she is actually the weakest protagonist in all four otome I tried so far. She is completely useless in pretty much everything that does not involve fighting with a sword, and even that is a completely useless skill in the world dominated by guns. Her personality is also kind of bland. I mean, these qualities don't necessarily make her a bad protagonist, but this type of mc is simply boring to follow around, and the heroes who could save the situation make it even worse. So, in the end, this VN made me pretty disappointed with otome genre in general. I already tried to get into the genre four times, but, while there were a few good games, none of them really made me impressed as much as some male-oriented VNs or as some works in the other anime-style media. Don't know, maybe I'm just unlucky. I will still try to read more otome in the future. But now I'm keeping my expectations at minimum. 5/10. Some people might enjoy this more than I did. Finished Seinarukana for the second time, now following Satsuki's route. This game turned out to be even more linear than Aselia, but there was a major deviation at the very end, and I personally prefer this ending a lot more that the one in Nozomi's route. It also would work a lot better as the first ending, imo. Nozomi's ending would feel a lot more complete if I finished her route after this one. Overall, my impression over this game as a whole did not change. The plot is pretty mediocre, but it's fun to follow and is saved by good gameplay. The worldbuilding is on-top, as always, though it feels kind of incomplete so far: a lot of things weren't explained very well, though there are still other routes. The gameplay is fun, at least if you try to get the SS rank. I guess, it would get a bit too easy otherwise. It suffers a lot after the addition of a certain character who is a bit too OP (literally, she can basically finish whole missions by herself), but this problem naturally disappeared in the hard mode. 6.5/10. I will try to finish it another time to get the true ending, and I think I will skip the other routes.
  1. Load more activity