(Spoilers) Was Terra a good route? (Rewrite)

babiker

33 members have voted

1. 1. Well, was it?

• IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE LUCIA'S MAID OUTFIT =3
    • Was a fine route, I was slightly disappointed though.
    • I had quite a few issues with it, but it wasn't too bad.
    • WHY DID YOU RUIN REWRITE TERRA WHY.

This poll is closed to new votes

The biggest Rewrite spoilers imaginable lie ahead. You have been warned

The purpose of this poll is to see what the majority think of the final route in Rewrite, Terra. Feel free to share your opinion and your reasons, and no need to worry about spoilers since you don't need to put them in the spoiler box if the thread itself has (spoilers) in its title (I think).

As for myself, I thought it was nothing short of awesome. Kotarou's sexy voice, his awesome change in personality, the way he refused to bow to neither Guardian nor Gaia... Just awesome. It felt a lot like he got his own route, and I loved it  :wub:

I think Terra was great, but the conclusion felt a little underwhelming. I'd say the best thing about Terra was definitely Kotarou, no complaints there, he was awesome. I also missed other characters in it sometimes, especially the heroines, as some of them didn't even have a sprite. That said, Terra was more focused around Kotarou, so that could be unavoidable to a certain degree, but it still felt a bit lacking because of that sometimes. That's really the extent of my complaints though, because it was definitely a great route, and a good ending to Rewrite overall. I wouldn't call it the best thing since Lucia's maid outfit though...

I didn't like Terra. I actually think it's the worst route of Rewrite. From best to worst it's like this for me: Lucia>Shizuru>Akane>Chihaya>Moon>Kotori>Terra. 

Terra didn't actually make sense for me. It was like they were trying to just end the story. Just end. To show us how Kotarou managed to

save the Earth

. I was expecting something like Refrain, that gave more sense to the story as a whole or that connected more aspects of the story. And I was like waiting the whole VN to know the meaning of "good memories", and when I found out I was like: JUST THIS?! Also, aside from Kotori the other heroines didn't have any real role in the story.

The only thing that was worth of Terra was the details it explored of Guardian. (but I think it should've been covered in the heroines' routes). 

If Rewrite had ended in Moon it would've been better. Terra was unnecessary. 

that's one of the few thing holding Terra back from perfection, I mean, he got a lot of good developement and that's great but his personality is far less appealing, he's supposed to be really funny most of the time (and he is)

Well Kotarou had that personality from the beginning, the easy-going and funny personality that he had was after the result of attacking the key and being gravely hurt, a choice that you can even make in Terra making for a good tie-in if one happens to be focused on it.

So the contrast actually works out in terms of character development.

I know that's why I said that the development was everything but bad.  Still, from the reader's point of view, he's used to the funny Kotarou. That's just my personnal preference anyway, I've always found personality to be more relevant than development because that's what really defines a character.

It wasn't the best thing I ever read, although I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

What I loved most more than anything else was the choices given, or rather.. the lack thereof. When choices came up and all of them but one were blanked out, I thought that was a pretty cool way to show the effects of Moon route, how there was only one path that could lead to the world being saved from the fate it met many times before (silly humans). Of course, it has been over a year since I read Rewrite so my memory of the finer details of the story are pretty fuzzy now.

The ending felt kind of lackluster, but I could appreciate it for what it was.

My least favorite thing about Terra was how they completely threw out the protagonist for the rest of the game and invented a totally new character to be the protagonist for Terra. And almost none of the heroines had an important role. It probably affected me more because I cared a lot more about the characters than I did the stupid story they built around them, but they decided to throw out those characters and focus entirely on the overall story, which is the worst way to deal with a true route in a game like Rewrite, IMO. 

So the contrast actually works out in terms of character development.

No, it doesn't, because that personality was nowhere to be seen for the entire rest of the game. It wasn't a development, there was no growth that lead Kotarou to become who he was. It was just a total personality shift. The Kotarou of Terra is a completely different person from the one in the rest of the game. That lack of connection between the two was really hurtful to the overal experience.

No, it doesn't, because that personality was nowhere to be seen for the entire rest of the game. It wasn't a development, there was no growth that lead Kotarou to become who he was. It was just a total personality shift. The Kotarou of Terra is a completely different person from the one in the rest of the game. That lack of connection between the two was really hurtful to the overal experience.

I honestly don't find it to be a flaw in itself. In each route Kotarou (imo) was really different and had a lot of different kind of motivation each time, it was more marked than in your usual VN with routes. And with that I find the existence of Terra's Kotarou to be perfectly understandable since Kotarou has been a blank page starting from the common route, he was colored very differently each time.

The contradiction itself is funny, there is a lot to talk about Kotarou but at the same time he's incredibly bland since there isn't really any trait that can define him before Terra other than his habit to joke.

I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't the absolute best thing ever. I guess I'm somewhere between the first and second options.

Positives:

- It was freaking epic.

- It gave fascinating glimpses into the lives of the many older side characters: I really enjoyed seeing middle-aged Esaka kicking ass, young Nishikujou struggling with self-confidence, and so on.

- It tied up a lot of interesting loose ends and connected a lot of interesting people.

- Young Kotori breaks my heart.

- It gave a real feeling of closure for the VN, without going overboard on tying everything up. The ending was open-ended, mysterious, and a little bit sweet.

Negatives:

- I did miss not having the rest of the heroines around

- I really, really missed Yoshino in both Moon and Terra (he was there in the Moon, yes, I do remember, but it was in a really weak capacity). Yoshino kinda got shafted on both the Moon and Terra routes, and that really made me sad - I felt like he deserved better than that. Some weird backstory that landed him in Terra would probably have seemed forced to most people, but I bet I would've loved it.

I didn't think it was the best route nor the worst, It was a good route tho, nothing could really dissapoint me more than after Shizuru... I really had high expectations for it after the intro video and I really liked the heroine. I probably just had my expectations too high ^^

I think Terra was a fine route, probably the best route in the game (though I have a soft spot for Luica and Akane).

I don't think the drastic change in tone was a bad thing since they were hinting at Terra for pretty much the entire game. You knew there was going to be drastic changes since Moon route is all about making sure that drastic change happens to both Kotaruou and the world. Terra was set up really well in my opinion.

Oh hey there Babi, figures you'd be the one to post this thread ^_^

Either way, I think Terra was a decent route, but it still didn't quite feel like a worth final to the game as a whole mainly due to the fact that the 5 heroines of the game had almost no presence in it.

Oh hey there Babi, figures you'd be the one to post this thread ^_^

Either way, I think Terra was a decent route, but it still didn't quite feel like a worth final to the game as a whole mainly due to the fact that the 5 heroines of the game had almost no presence in it.

indeed. The route itself wasnt bad i just found it lacking all our favourite heroines.

It always just had this feel to it. I thought, "This is the real Kotarou. The original." And I really liked him. How could I not feel bad for the guy after all the shit he had to go through? How could I not find it fucking awesome when he finally became worth a damn? It was the best thing ever.