Favorite Visual Novel publisher/developers?

kamiwakai

Hi there.

What is your favorite visual novel publisher/developer and why?

Mine are Unison Shift Blossom (Nanatsuiro Drops, Ley Line, Flyable Heart) and KEY (Clannad, Air, etc.)

KEY always express themes in such a visceral and deep way (friendship in Little Busters, Family and warm feelings in Clannad),

so much that it feels like drawn from first-hand experience of the writers.

As for Unison Blossom, I like the cute art blended with innocent plots and the way they separate the content in episodes

(instead of a long run where you dont know where you are or how things are connected)

https://vndb.org/p1386

FaWjZH.jpg

https://vndb.org/p24

nYrAe8.jpg

Key DA BEST.

I love Key not just because of its power to make us cry, but also because of the complexity of their works. Their stories are very well planned. There are always lots of symbolisms, foreshadowing, etc. and the characters are very well explored and have all their own role in the story. The way everything connects and the way they explore the themes of the story is indescribable. Also, they create touching and memorable songs. 

Key And Eushully , Eushully makes some really good jrpg's (even if i dont favor rpg's), and Key  because of reasons already mentioned above.

---

*prepares for the  hate*

You could say i like overflow as well because of the way they do their stories and the drama involved in it .

it really interests me

I really, really like Key. It's not easy to REALLY make me cry when I'm reading a vn, but there are scenes in Air and Little Busters that I can't get through without sobbing. It's nice to have that kind of raw emotion every once in a while.

AkabeiSoft2 is also a good one. But beyond that, I'm honestly not at the point where I pay attention to brand as much as individual titles.

07th Expansion comes to mind first. Umineko is definitely my favorite VN, and I loved Higurashi's manga. I also hold respect for Higanbana. I like their works, mainly the first two because they manage to be really entertaining while still making you think so much. They also get credit for creating two of my absolute favorite characters - namely, Beato and Bernkastel.

I can't say it's fair to call them a favorite after only reading one game of theirs, but the moment I finished Sharnoth I just needed to look at Liar-soft's vndb page.

Gotta mention Kid too, Ever17 and Remember11 were fascinating, and the companies they split to are pretty cool.

MakuraSoft 

Their unique brand of humor always appealed to me. Crude sexual comments and over the top antics were actually balanced by the story, which occasionally was rather mundane. Although I doubt it, it would be nice to see them come out of the fringe of visual novel developers with the upcoming release of Sakura no Uta -Sakura no Mori no Ue wo Mau-

Oh and their art style. I love their heroines, could just sit there and stare at them all day  :Kappa:

Key and akabei soft2, hard to choose one or the other so ill just go with both.

When it comes to Key, ive read, enjoyed and loved nearly all of their visual novels, the only ones I haven't read is Planeterian and those who haven't been fully translated to english, mostly cause i enjoy long VNs and to read them when they are complete so i don't have to reread unless i want to. Clannad was also my second love.

When it comes to akabei soft2 then it's simply because they've made 2 novels that i enjoyed greatly (sharin no kuni & G-senjou no Maou)