VN Reading Club Revival

Kosakyun

So after last February's visual novel, which was Shikkoku no Sharnoth, the VN Club's activities stopped. It was disappointing, of course, so a few of us decided to start up the VN Reading Club once again! 

The said revival was planned and talked about in Shikkoku no Sharnoth's discussion thread. Of course, that was no appropriate place to talk about it, so the discussion moved on to a private message consisting of four members. Those members are the following: Kurisu-chan, Nimbus, kyrt, and yours truly. Later on, Kaguya joined and formed the current team.

The VN Reading Club was a really nice idea spearheaded by our very own Kaguya, which aimed to get us all together to read a certain visual novel we all decided on. After a number of weeks, a thread would be put up to start off the discussion about the visual novel chosen for the month. It was a really nice activity, and gave off vibes that truly resembled that of a community. And so, we'd like to revive this idea in order to once again pull us all together to do something as a community!

Here's the original opening post by Kaguya:

Ohf6CaH.jpg

In general, the VN Club will still have the same goals and activities. However, as any other person would, we'd like to spice things up a little by introducing activities that would be possible through the cooperation of the members of the said club. We'd appreciate it if you'd share with us activities that you'd deem appropriate for the club. Your input would help us greatly.

If you're asking whether the next months would consist of just us choosing whatever title we want, then no, not really. For now, the general idea that's accepted is picking out a theme for each month, then choosing a title that falls under that certain theme. Of course, these will be picked out through voting. Sometimes, you'll vote for a theme, and we'll pick four VNs that fall under that theme. Then the voting for what we'll read will ensue. Other times, we'll pick a theme, then you'll pick out a visual novel to read that falls under that category. It would change continuously to give everyone a chance to pick out something they really want.

Discussion will, of course, not last for one month only. Members are free to discuss a VN previously read in their respective discussion threads, no matter which month it was. If you were stuck, then you are free to go back to that thread to participate in the discussion you might have missed out on. In the same way, the members are free to join and not join whenever they want to. Real life circumstances are, of course, unavoidable, and we understand that. Laziness is also a factor, so there's that.

Here are the previous months' discussion threads. Feel free to talk about those months' visual novels in their respective threads:

Kaguya's Cycle:

Spoiler

Cycle 1:

Spoiler

Cycle 2:

Spoiler

Cycle 3:

Spoiler

For now, the question will still be the same as our leader Kaguya's opening post:

So? Do you think it's a good idea? And if so, would you like to join?

Thanks for reading the wall of text, guys. Feedback will always be appreciated. <3 Let's revive the club once more!

Feedback Threads:

Spoiler

Okay. So I messed up the poll thingy. I don't know why it wasn't put there, but it wasn't sooo yeah.

Anyway, the titles to be chosen from are the following:

O2aDVqa.jpg

Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete (Pulltop)

Synopsis: 

Aoi returned to his hometown of Kazegaura where a gentle breeze blows through the streets, having lost his direction in life. On the hill lined with windmills, he met a wheelchair-ridden girl Kotori and watched the gliders overhead in awe. With his childhood friend Ageha in tow, they resurrect the soaring club in order to fulfill a childhood dream: to fly on a glider.

3ycHyVj.jpg

Steins;Gate (Nitroplus and 5pb.)

Synopsis:

The story of Steins;Gate takes place in Akihabara, and is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down. The characters must now find a way to avoid being captured by them.

mEU9WsN.jpg

Coμ -Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku- (Akatsuki Works)

Synposis:

Legends tell of a mysterious woman known only as "Girl A", who makes herself known to special individuals in a certain city and sings all throughout the night. One such night, Akihito meets four strangers as if guided by her beautiful voice...

There are no feelings of friendship nor any trust between the five individuals, yet they are able to control a huge monster -- a steel black dragon -- by combining their wills and cooperating with one another. Now, on the night they obtain this power, their extraordinary life begins...

Akihito later learns that a terrible price comes with the use of this power: If the monster should be destroyed, their "community" shall disappear along with it...

Five strangers brought together by destiny, they decide to enter the secret world of the "Coμnet" with the help of Kagome, a black witch...

TS4ceM0.jpg

G-Senjou no Maou (AkabeiSoft2)

Synposis:

You play the role of Azai Kyousuke, the son of a legendary gangster infamous in the underworld. You spend your time listening to Bach, playing God at school and covertly working for your stepfather, a ruthless financial heavyweight. This idyllic existence is broken when two individuals appear in the city - a beautiful girl named Usami Haru with hair you could get lost in for days, and a powerful international gangster known only as "Maou". Almost without delay, the two begin a deadly cat-and-mouse game, bringing you and your friends into the crossfire. Plotting, political intrigue and layer upon layer of interlocking traps are the weapons in this epic battle of wits.

PM me your choices, with the title being your choice. Put whatever you like in the content. Thanks!

I HAVE BEEN CHECKING THE FORUMS THE PAST 4 DAYS LIKE CRAZY WAITING FOR THIS 

FINALLY

ok enough with the caps : so since I didn't take part in any of the other months cuz of school and f/sn and lol  so when should I be finished with the vn? in other words, when will the discussion start?

ofc I would join , I am finally getting my holiday in the middle of this month and now I finished f/sn and I am playing less lol

so here's the thing: can I vote for more than one vn? They are all so good  :kosame:  (jking btw)

Also I hate how I don't really know my imouto's taste in vns so I don't know what you would have chosen as a vn although christina's choice is rather obvious :makina:

It will also be better if you put a synopsis for the above mentioned vns , copy pasting their synopsis on vndb is fine too

Edited by hsmsful

Discussion thread will be up after the second week of the month (For this month, it will be up on May 20). 

There you have it. Don't take it as a deadline on which you need to finish the VN by that time. As I've said, real life circumstances are unavoidable, and we understand that. That's why you can go backtrack to any previous discussions the club has had and share your experience there. By the time the discussion is up, first impressions are what you can share, if you haven't finished by then. But if you want to finish by then, sure.

Also, it's your chance to discover my tastes. :makina:

Sure, I'll include a synopsis.

Great job on reviving this Erosaki(and other slaves respectful members). I personally won't join since I'm trying to not slack off on my Fapanese studies and my back log is already big enough to even do re-reads or something along those lines.

But I wish great luck to all those participating on this endeavor. Anything that promotes member communications and bonding in a meaningful way is a big thumbs up for me.

Also guys, this month is a classic month, in the way we are using the same rules as Marie did before, expect more things and crazy ideas in next months.

Putting a little text for every VN choice is indeed a great idea. 

Hello club old new friend. Now I can actually manage to find the drive to read some more vns since I am ridiculously indecisive otherwise. 

I definitely encourage people to check out all 4 of the visual novels listed as all of them are brilliant and you likely won't go wrong with any of them so just pick whatever one sounds interesting to you. 

I guess I can add another visual novel to my reading list. Count me in.

Although, I will admit... I did kind of drop out of the last one so hopefully I'll keep up with it this time.

Stick with this one. You know you want to.

I will hunt you down if you leave.

Sorry for those who've pm'd me already, but changes have been made. The poll can now be found in a different thread. Thread can be found here: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/9949-vn-reading-club-may-2015-poll-ongoing/

Do cast your vote in the poll, please.
Discussions will also be held in that thread.

Good day to you all, and let's hope for the best results.

• 2 weeks later...