Sekai is doing monthly recap videos

Tay

Sekai Project uploaded "Sekai Project Monthly Wrap-up Episode 1" to youtube. It's a brief recap of their projects. Take a look:

I'm a big fan of Nintendo Direct-style videos like this, where a game publisher talks directly to fans. I think it lets the company express some personality. I'd be interested in having JAST and MangaGamer do the same thing. How about you?

Big fan of this sort of stuff as well. Info about their upcoming releases in one convenient place = nice.

A potential JAST monthly wrap up will also be entertaining, we'll get to see the same upcoming releases month after month.

After month.

After month.

Off-topic - I'll be doing a preview of Fault Milestone 2 for the Fuwazette for anyone who's interested. I just gotta find a bunch of time.

Have to say I've usually never been a fan of these kinds of videos, I find them a bit cringey and annoying to sit through (Nintendo Directs are the worst offender in this category because they really don't know how to give an engaging speech) and prefer to just read a well written summary instead.

But just personal preferences, it's still a nice thing to do a wrap up to let your fans know what's going on, regardless of the format.

I'm glad to see Starlight Vega in there, I'm really hyped for that project and if you haven't checked it out yet, you really should, the west needs more yuri!

I really like these kinds of videos myself.  I also think, deciding the direction and market Sekai is trying to appeal to, this is a very wise move on their part.  This is the kind of thing a general audience wants to see and it makes VNs seem more relate-able to said general audience.

So yea, good move.

I wonder that Sekai Projects porting from JP to ENG on their own demands or they choose the game which are allowed to the ported?  :huh:

It is alot more complicated than just picking and choosing, but no Sekai Project can't just pick and choose which project they want to localize and visual novel companies in Japan are not actively pushing to have their games localized.

I don't really like this kind of video. Or maybe I don't really like SP in the first place... 

If you don't like the Sekai Project, why watch the video in the first place?

My thoughts:

- First and most importantly, it's cool that they're doing this and I very much appreciate it.

- I like the news/status most of all, and I like the videos secondarily, since it gives me a quick, clearer view of whether I might be interested in something.

- Since the news/status is the most important part for me, I'd probably rather see a more regular easily-consumable text update, like a weekly blog post or something.

- I want to know the news on all their current announced projects, especially the ones that are supposed to be out in the near future: what's going on with WEE episode 02? What about WAS? The silence is ominous.

- I've decided Fruit of Grisaia is going to be my next serious VN, and I have two weeks of vacation in late May, so it looks like the stars are aligning to give me lots of time for that. Good, good...

- The blooper video is a thing of beauty.

If you don't like the Sekai Project, why watch the video in the first place?

I try to keep an open mind to the people involved in visual novels, but I often cannot. And even though I don't like this publisher, it doesn't mean I don't like the games they help distribute. 

Anyway, I would have preferred a text version update or wrap-up. The video just didn't appeal to me.

Gahhhh, I loved Grisaia, skipped the anime, and have basically been in a bomb shelter avoiding spoilers about the next two installments, but god damn it Sekai, you've intrigued me.  At 4:03 in the video it shows a skyscraper collapsing, and I sure as hell don't remember a scene like that in the VN.  Is that from the anime or is that one of the sequels?

Why Sekai, WHYYYYYYY!!?  :kosame:

Also, I fully approve of Grisaia no Kajitsu getting released in a few weeks.  If the translation is good, it bears good new for the rest of the series in terms of speed, if it's bad, I have the aforementioned bomb shelter to hide in while people burn Fuwa to the ground.

Gahhhh, I loved Grisaia, skipped the anime, and have basically been in a bomb shelter avoiding spoilers about the next two installments, but god damn it Sekai, you've intrigued me.  At 4:03 in the video it shows a skyscraper collapsing, and I sure as hell don't remember a scene like that in the VN.  Is that from the anime or is that one of the sequels?

Why Sekai, WHYYYYYYY!!?  :kosame:

Also, I fully approve of Grisaia no Kajitsu getting released in a few weeks.  If the translation is good, it bears good new for the rest of the series in terms of speed, if it's bad, I have the aforementioned bomb shelter to hide in while people burn Fuwa to the ground.

I've been wondering about the speed of the Grisaia translation. I vaguely had the idea that they had hired a fan translator who had already translated a lot (or all) of it to do the work, but I could be completely misremembering that. It certainly was done very quickly after the Kickstarter completion, in stark contrast to a number of other, shorter games on their docket.