Can you read multiple VNs/routes at once?

Nimbus

The other day a few of us were discussing on the Princess Evangile thread how some people read through multiple routes at once. This got me thinking if people can play multiple vn's at once. I'm currently doing that right now (Princess Evangile and Imouto Paradise) but this is a first for me, I expect I will eventually drop Imouto temporarily to focus on Evangile. Generally what would happen is I will start one vn then get the urge to play another. I try to read both at once but eventually I just dedicate myself to one and forget about the other.

I can't do this with games (rather, I can for about two sittings until I say "Fuck it, I'll just finish this one") and books are even worse.

So, can you guys read multiple vns or even multiple routes?

I do that sometimes, if I get bored of some VN. I might start reading a new one and then come back to finish the previous one.

There are also times when I can't concentrate or if some VN is really heavy to read, and then I will jump between VNs to until I find the one that keeps me hooked.

But I usually least try to finish the route I'm on. I can easily start again with a new route, but coming back mid story is kinda messy.

pfffft. i read multiple vn's and multiple routes AT THE SAME TIME!!! i have like five wondows open at all times. you want proof? here

hY7VbX9.jpg

slow day for me.

also, im reading 18 different posts while reading this one!!!!!!

seriously though i do it alot. sometimes i need a break from a vn and go to another i previously started, or i go onto another route if i need a little break from it.

I do. Granted I just started reading VNs but so far I have been reading a couple at a time. Some days it seems like I am just no in the mood for a particular VN so I read another one. 

I'm kind of the opposite, if I'm not in the mood for anything in particular than I can't play anything.

I do that sometimes, if I get bored of some VN. I might start reading a new one and then come back to finish the previous one.

There are also times when I can't concentrate or if some VN is really heavy to read, and then I will jump between VNs to until I find the one that keeps me hooked.

But I usually least try to finish the route I'm on. I can easily start again with a new route, but coming back mid story is kinda messy.

When I get bored in a route I completely drop it (I started Fuko's route in Clannad months ago and haven't finished it yet). at the same time it's usually when replaying the common route that I get bored.

pfffft. i read multiple vn's and multiple routes AT THE SAME TIME!!! i have like five wondows open at all times. you want proof? here

hY7VbX9.jpg

slow day for me.

also, im reading 18 different posts while reading this one!!!!!!

seriously though i do it alot. sometimes i need a break from a vn and go to another i previously started, or i go onto another route if i need a little break from it.

I'll admit, I didn't see that coming. 

I like to focus on one VN at a time and read them for a long time each time I open them. 

I guess I like to keep immersed in a story since reading multiple VNs or books break the immersion of that universe for me.

I pretty similar in that regard; If I try to read two at once I can't really get invested in either and miss important yet subtle elements in both.

Depends on the subject matter. When I'm hyped for a VN or in super study mode I will only play it. If the VN is strange and foriegn to me, and isn't developing that fast, AND I don't feel like marathoning it, then I will play multiple VN's at once, until one of them gets going and sucks me in. It happened that one time I did that, all the VN's I played were intellectual/literary/slice of life/unique, so the number of VN's I was reading at the same time exploded.

Number of VN's played at a time, over time (very roughly):

2.5 years ago 1----0------1-2----1----------0----------------------------------

1.5 years ago 1------1-------1--------1-----1-----2-------1-----2------1-------1-----3---5--6--5--4--3--0---1----.now

lol, you've been playing Itsuka Todoku, Chrono?

Anyway... the problem with playing multiple games at once is that it rarely stops at two or three... it just balloons out until you never finish or fully enjoy anything.

lol, you've been playing Itsuka Todoku, Chrono?

Anyway... the problem with playing multiple games at once is that it rarely stops at two or three... it just balloons out until you never finish or fully enjoy anything.

Well, I was playing more but eventually cut back and settled on Itsuka, Todoku , Komorebi, and Evolimit for 1-2 hours a day a piece, which was fine and dandy for a while, but some other event interrupted that schedule and I didn't come back. Reading Gore Screaming Show atm.

I'm on my third route (Konome's), maybe a third into it. I want to finish so I can read the god damn explanation analysis, but I also know I'll need to read up on some Norse Mythology around then, which makes me hesitant to restart. I think Futami's my favourite herione, the nuanced and yet heartfelt relationship between the MC's and Futami is moving to watch.

I can, sure, but it's like watching 2 movies at the same time I wont really enjoy anything...

What I do sometimes is to stop reading one novel and start another one and then once I finish that one I then re-start the other one, I do this when the vn is boring because I don't like to drop a vn.

wait! just to clarify, do you mean multiple vn's at the exact same time? like having multiple vn's running in the background. or read one vn and without reading the entire story or even a route, move onto another? i dont actually have 5 or even two vn's running at the same time, my pc would threaten to commit suicide if i did do that.

wait! just to clarify, do you mean multiple vn's at the exact same time? like having multiple vn's running in the background. or read one vn and without reading the entire story or even a route, move onto another? i dont actually have 5 or even two vn's running at the same time, my pc would threaten to commit suicide if i did do that.

Unless you are Keima, don't do that, really.

While I can do it, I find it to be an hassle to do because I like to focus on what I'm reading/playing. I'm doing that at this moment, just because I want to finish stuff quickly.

But I always reach the conclusion that it would be better to just play/read one thing at a time.