Steins;Gate 0 - A "true sequel" to Steins;Gate

Decay

https://vndb.org/v17102

Purported as a "true sequel", this is going to be the first new canon entry to the series since the original. Hardly anything is known about it, other than it taking place in the beta world line. I can't really imagine how that will work since S;G's true ending ended on a different world line. What do you guys think about all this?

They announced basically three games and two anime at the same time. That reeks of over-exploitation to me.

Not to mention the fact that it might well be on console again so who cares.

I'll await with cautious optimism that sequel if the writer is still the same dude.

But but but beta timeline is where

Spoilers

Kurisu's death is set in stone!@# NOOO!!!

So assuming the 'true sequel' still focuses on Okabe's point of view all we will get is him going into srs mode and setting up OPERATION SKULD for his past self (or rather, the 'present' Okabe from the reader's perspective in the original S;G).

I think alpha timeline would be better. Y'know, the one where Okabe, Daru, and Kurisu ALL DIE and Sern takes over the world and it's all on Suzuha to go back into the past as Titor to yada yada >.>

Much caution is to be had here.

I already cringed at the sequel novels, I'm not going to mindlessly hype this until I can see it for myself.

Seems like it will be heavily based on the Epigraph Trillogy, so despair from that...

I'm a bit confused if it takes place during the beta timeline wouldn't it be a "midquel", but they did use the term "sequel" in their announcement. Well, I'm not too worried I get the feeling that at worse it will be like that forgetable movie.

They announced basically three games and two anime at the same time. That reeks of over-exploitation to me.

Not to mention the fact that it might well be on console again so who cares.

I'll await with cautious optimism that sequel if the writer is still the same dude.

The writer is Hayashi Naotaka, yes. Assistants are Toru Yasumoto, Masashi Takimoto, and Tsukasa Tsuchiya. Yasumoto and Takimoto worked on Chaos;Child.

Seems like a thread for me.

So, you want my oppinion? Appart that i had to change 5 times my pants? Well, i'm cautious, cautions as if it's a shit VN or if it's a "Real" sequel, like Chaos;Child.

Argh, story compilation, just like Phenogram.

My hype is down.

I've found info about Masashi Takimoto and Tsukasa Tsuchiya. Takimoto is a writer of Steins;Gate Epigraph Trilogy and Tsuchiya... Well, here is a link.

The story of Steins;Gate Zero is based on light novels (with some additions/changes), so it's pretty safe to assume that it's Epigraph.

Well, what's so terrible about this Epigraph Trilogy anyway? Aside from the fact that we already know how it's going to end since

it isn't much of a sequel if it doesn't happen in the "Steins;Gate" timeline, but rather a "midquel" as someone pointed out

But that isn't even terrible anyway. Is it not well-written or something?

I'm a bit confused as well, I read several chapters of the manga adaption and I found it engaging enough. I suppose it could have shit the bed down the road and mess with a character or pre-established story concepts, well I probably should read those light novels to see what people are talking about.