What would you be doing if you had never known about VN's at all

Max

I think of this every now and then. I honestly don't know. I am very grateful I was introduced to this. Visual novels are therapeutic to me. When I am in bed and start feeling really bad, emotionally, VN's are there for me.

Probably this is more related to my personality rather than something else. They (VN's) soothe my mind and heart.

I'd be more invested into the gaming world which I withdrew from to be able to spend more time on VN's.

...Which is a pretty nice thing to fall back on when literally every translated VN which is worth my time has been read by me.

Actually, I sold my consoles and gadgets to be able to buy some VN's.

Watch anime :sachi:

You avatar is really heart-warming. Sachi is a plus ^_^

Would stick to playing video games and reading books, and watching anime, only started reading Vns like a couple months ago,been playing video games mostly before finding about Vns ,though it will be harder in the future since most game dev companies have decided to grab cash and scrwd the fans over, only company I have hope for is Beth now,everything else I have no hope for

Not much really...would still be playing games, reading books, and watching anime and other tv shows. Likely wouldn't be on these forums. Wouldn't be trying to introduce people to visual novels constantly might try getting people into more anime/games. Honestly when I started reading visual novels I also stopped reading manga and comics so maybe I would go back to those.

I may not be as invested in trying to learn Japanese and given up more easily maybe. VNs are very useful to me as jp learning material but can also be fun to read and there's different levels, voice, backlog option, etc.

The usual hobbies, movies, anime, video games, drawing, reading. When I do choose a book to read without being forced to, I usually like non-fiction kind of books because I feel I could learn something from them or change my way of thinking... and I like to read fiction as VNs since I enjoy seeing the artwork, choice, etc.  So without ever knowing VNs, I may have been more into reading fiction books too.

This is something that often comes to my mind, be it with Novels, games, anime or any of my favourite passtimes. Wondering where a different me is right now... But I digress. As reading Visual Novels and watching anime came pretty much at the same time, I'd watch more anime, play more games, basically what I already did, but more.

For most of the time that I have been reading VNs (been doing so for over 4 years now), it was something I used to only indulged myself in occasionally. Like maybe one VN for every couple of months - half a year. It was only within the past year or so that VNs have actually become something that I really care about. If it weren't for VNs I probably would never have found the inspiration and motivation to learn Japanese. I like anime a lot, but since virtually every anime has fansubs these days, there is little incentive to learn Japanese for anime. It's all the untranslated VNs I want to read that motive me to learn Japanese. Since there is no other alternative to reading them other than to learn to read the language, I decided to make that commitment.