Muv Luv DOES Run on Windows 8 - Here's How

threepwood007

Halloo

So, after a number of minutes troubleshooting this and scouring the Internet, I have arrived at a semi-solid solution for the Muv Luv crashing problems faced when running the game on a Windows 8 platform.

I'm posting this year at the risk of repeating the information elsewhere because I nearly tore my hair out trying to find it.

The crash purportedly occurs in two places:

- on Sumika's date following the food contest

- on Sumika's route at the ending credits

Obviously, this poses a game-breaking obstacle to unlocking Unlimited.

Here are the steps I took to get the game working on multiple machines:

0. Prepare your save just before the crash.

1. Navigate to the Muv Luv Plugins folder.

ex. C:\age\マブラヴ11\Plugins

2. Move the mlhookv2.rpo file (cut, no copying) to another location; say, the Desktop.

3. Return to the C:\age\マブラヴ11\ directory and rightclick on the マブラヴ11.exe application, then navigate to the Compatibility tab.

4. Set the following options:

- Run in Compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3

- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

- Reduced color mode, and set to 16-bit (65536 color)

5. Run the game - it will be in Japanese now. Fret not. Select the second option from the top, and load your save.

6. You might crash occasionially. This is somewhat expected. Fight on until you navigate to the scene when Takeru, Sumika, and the snot-nosed kid watch the power rangers show at the amusement park.

7. You should be able to navigate successfully past the part where the camera pans upwards to see the fighters standing on the sign. YOU MAY HAVE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

- set it to auto

- CTRL-skip

- simply click

8. STOP advancing the story once the power rangers appear and save the game.

9. Replace the mlhookv2.rpo back in the Plugins folder.

10. Restart the game (returned to English) and load your latest save.

11. Voila! You may proceed.

It is very reasonable to say that this fix will also prevent the game from crashing as Sumika's credits roll, allowing the game to save the completion data.

If anyone has problems with this or is also successful, post a reply. I'm curious to see if anyone still can't get past the scene using this ugly trick.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I think there's a problem...... your possesed by Geass xD no jk the Problem is it also crashes on windows 10.... (All hate to Microsoft) But your tip worked fine now i can get past tha amusement park... one problem is you really have to save it like 10 pictures before the crash because the japanese version will crash as Sumika's raging before they go on the rollercoster (SUMIKA CAN CRASH THE GAME!) i'm lucky that i found this instantly because many people reviewed this. Anyways Thanks I'll now enjoy This ;) And Facepalm myself for not knowing that that plugin Existed xD

Facepalm.gif

• 2 months later...