Best Starcraft 2 game of in history of Wings of Liberty

Steve

If you have even the slightest interest in Starcraft (or even if not), you must watch this game, for all those years Ive been watching Starcraft 2 since it was released, this is the best game I have ever seen, Wings of Liberty is coming to an end and there will soon be new expansion and this is the last tournament with the current set, there will not be much more practice of this chapter as they will soon start practicing for the new expansion, therefore this is the absolute max skill level you can get.

I uploaded it on my google drive folder so you can watch here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BylWuAJokVXMT2F0ZEk5UjdfWlE/edit

It should look like youtube video.

After that you can check what I think was the deciding moment of the game, uploaded on my youtube channel (spoilers)

enjoy

Wut, you played/had interest in sc2?

and here I thought only me + TheWingless + ThatPlayer were the only ones.

... oh wait that might be because I talk about it on irc, and you're on the teamspeak...

That game made me so mad, gumiho should've made a freaking ghost and actually used a nuke (or like, sniped the corruptors+overseers)

I watched that live btw

That game made me so mad, gumiho should've made a freaking ghost and actually used a nuke (or like, sniped the corruptors+overseers)

well the thing is he didn't know he had a nuke remaining probably, it doesn't take supply and with no unit tab for player he would have to check the academy to notice it. I think it was last season someone probably lost because he forgot like 6 ultras in nydus network xD Although he could have noticed the supply.

but I agree that spellcasters are best for these kind of situations, however he couldn't know when is losira going to start pushing with the crawlers (which he never did) so getting the second tank and marauders was the safest way, ghosts would only tickle those if he actually started pushing.

well the thing is he didn't know he had a nuke remaining probably, it doesn't take supply and with no unit tab for player he would have to check the academy to notice it. I think it was last season someone probably lost because he forgot like 6 ultras in nydus network xD Although he could have noticed the supply. but I agree that spellcasters are best for these kind of situations, however he couldn't know when is losira going to start pushing with the crawlers (which he never did) so getting the second tank and marauders was the safest way, ghosts would only tickle those if he actually started pushing.

that's true, it's just that nukes are useful in these situations when essentially the zerg is turtling with a bunch of spines.

also ghosts work well vs the queen, which would've made transfuse less of a pain.

however it's probably because he wanted to be the aggressor really, and a 2nd marauder helps with a straight up approach of attacking in, while a ghost would let you kill one part, take back air control (from overseer + corruptors), and that'll possibly get you more mineral patches tbh, which lets you get more shit to kill the ultralisk without microing your heart out.

then again it's gumiho doing this, so he has the micro.

5th wasn't mined out, would've been better to mine from there once you clear out all the spines that were only living at one point as well because of overlord creep, and would take forever to run away for example from a nuke. also nukes would kill crawlers that dare to push in the first place there was not really much creep at the portions that mattered (and they would've had to poke through barracks at a certain point)

also I ment to put a linebreak between mad and gumiho should've made a ghost, that wasn't the real reason that made me mad anyways /shrug

that said, I'd call it ONE of the best games, I wouldn't call it the best one however, personally.

Wow. lol. It's been a while since I've watched/played SC2, but that game was pretty crazy. Gumiho's micro is ridiculous. I don't know if people have generally improved in skill, or if he is some inhuman beast that can micro at four places in the map at once.

As usual, Tastosis = best casting duo. Glad to see they're still around.

Also, about the tank/marauder vs ghost choice. I think the tank/marauder choice was the correct one to make, especially if you look at it from his perspective. His goal was to kill the queens and ultralisk while keeping at least one tank alive, because that's what he needed to win. Marauders and tanks eat ultralisks, and he needed two tanks to make sure the strategy would work. If he only had one tank, then he might not be able to unsiege it before it's killed, and the game turns in to a draw. (unsieged tank also does quite a bit of damage)

The ghost was a far riskier choice, especially since it seems he wasn't that used to using nukes.

(His one nuke killed two of his ghosts.)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if you cancel a nuke, you lose the nuke and have to build a new one. So a nuke would be a lot riskier than the strategy he used. (Spinecrawlers can unburrow and run away, and I think queen/ultralisk is self-explanatory.)

Was a pretty amazing game though. Was pretty back and forth, although I have no idea how Gumiho managed to survive vs the broodlords. His vikings weren't even hitting the broods, they were hitting corruptors. Ghost snipe = kills everything?

5th wasn't mined out, would've been better to mine from there once you clear out all the spines that were only living at one point as well because of overlord creep, and would take forever to run away for example from a nuke. also nukes would kill crawlers that dare to push in the first place there was not really much creep at the portions that mattered (and they would've had to poke through barracks at a certain point)

Actually you overestimate the power of nuke, it takes 20 seconds to cast it, in those 20 sec if he wanted he would be able to uproot and even root the crawler closer to the ghost and insta kill it with the detection he had xD Or just simply run away out of it, maybe even to the off creep areas, therefore making it one time uproot force ability at max.

Also take in mind if targeting crawler line you need to hit with the center of the nuke, making the ghost have to approach even closer, thus making it very risky maneuver for the price of 2 marauders.

So I really agreed with all Gumiho did after the game went to shit crazy, especially the sniping of the last threat units in the video I made.

that said, I'd call it ONE of the best games, I wouldn't call it the best one however, personally.

What do you think was the best one? 2011 GSL August finals TOP vs MPV set 1?

http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors5/vod/66149

That one is also one of my favorites.

Wow. lol. It's been a while since I've watched/played SC2, but that game was pretty crazy. Gumiho's micro is ridiculous. I don't know if people have generally improved in skill, or if he is some inhuman beast that can micro at four places in the map at once.

As usual, Tastosis = best casting duo. Glad to see they're still around.

Also, about the tank/marauder vs ghost choice. I think the tank/marauder choice was the correct one to make, especially if you look at it from his perspective. His goal was to kill the queens and ultralisk while keeping at least one tank alive, because that's what he needed to win. Marauders and tanks eat ultralisks, and he needed two tanks to make sure the strategy would work. If he only had one tank, then he might not be able to unsiege it before it's killed, and the game turns in to a draw. (unsieged tank also does quite a bit of damage)

The ghost was a far riskier choice, especially since it seems he wasn't that used to using nukes.

(His one nuke killed two of his ghosts.)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if you cancel a nuke, you lose the nuke and have to build a new one. So a nuke would be a lot riskier than the strategy he used. (Spinecrawlers can unburrow and run away, and I think queen/ultralisk is self-explanatory.)

Was a pretty amazing game though. Was pretty back and forth, although I have no idea how Gumiho managed to survive vs the broodlords. His vikings weren't even hitting the broods, they were hitting corruptors. Ghost snipe = kills everything?

"Gumiho's micro is ridiculous. I don't know if people have generally improved in skill, or if he is some inhuman beast that can micro at four places in the map at once. "

yes, generally, but not at 4 places in the map at once, that's just gumiho being wtf

now imagine that with hots medivac afterburners...

"tank/marauder vs ghost choice"

"The ghost was a far riskier choice, especially since it seems he wasn't that used to using nukes. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if you cancel a nuke, you lose the nuke and have to build a new one. So a nuke would be a lot riskier than the strategy he used. (Spinecrawlers can unburrow and run away, and I think queen/ultralisk is self-explanatory.)"

yes if you cancel nuke, you lose the nuke, also if they burrow and run away to basically no creep (they were on overlord poop'd creep for quite awhile), marauder tank can kill them as the spines are out of position

I did note that however...

however it's probably because he wanted to be the aggressor really, and a 2nd marauder helps with a straight up approach of attacking in, while a ghost would let you kill one part, take back air control (from overseer + corruptors), and that'll possibly get you more mineral patches tbh, which lets you get more shit to kill the ultralisk without microing your heart out.

then again it's gumiho doing this, so he has the micro.

"Was a pretty amazing game though. Was pretty back and forth, although I have no idea how Gumiho managed to survive vs the broodlords. His vikings weren't even hitting the broods, they were hitting corruptors. Ghost snipe = kills everything?"

Game 1 was the one that showcased those the best :D/>

Actually you overestimate the power of nuke, it takes 20 seconds to cast it, in those 20 sec if he wanted he would be able to uproot and even root the crawler closer to the ghost and insta kill it with the detection he had xD Or just simply run away out of it, maybe even to the off creep areas, therefore making it one time uproot force ability at max.

Also take in mind if targeting crawler line you need to hit with the center of the nuke, making the ghost have to approach even closer, thus making it very risky maneuver for the price of 2 marauders.

So I really agreed with all Gumiho did after the game went to shit crazy, especially the sniping of the last threat units in the video I made.

What do you think was the best one? 2011 GSL August finals TOP vs MPV set 1?

http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors5/vod/66149

That one is also one of my favorites.

"Actually you overestimate the power of nuke, it takes 20 seconds to cast it, in those 20 sec if he wanted he would be able to uproot and even root the crawler closer to the ghost and insta kill it with the detection he had xD Or just simply run away out of it, maybe even to the off creep areas, therefore making it one time uproot force ability at max."

uh, first he'll have to realize it's not his base getting nuked

I was also referring to different times that it would've been useful

how would uprooted crawlers be able to kill the ghost when you have marauder tank next to it, even when it's a lot and where he could've nuked from didn't have creep anyways? (nearer to his base, just get vision of high ground briefly) - he only had creep at that place with overlord poop/creep

anyhow, what I really should say first is that he should've sniped the overseer, and sniped/poked the corruptors with the ghost, which then losira wouldn't have map control, and he could've nuked (you know nukes can just make the crawlers get out of position

"Also take in mind if targeting crawler line you need to hit with the center of the nuke, making the ghost have to approach even closer, thus making it very risky maneuver for the price of 2 marauders."

depends what you use it for, kill the overlords, they can't burrow on the high ground there cause no creep

"So I really agreed with all Gumiho did after the game went to shit crazy, especially the sniping of the last threat units in the video I made."

the sniping of the infestor was key, ye.

=================

do you two even play sc2 still? o.o just wondering.

Nah, its been about two years since I've touched/watched the game. It's a totally different playing field now, which is pretty cool. Nobody was anywhere near as good. I don't think I've ever seen someone try to out-mobilize a zerg before. Terrans would always either build mech and try to do a timed push before the zerg could max out or dropship harass zerg until they won. Also, I've never seen such crazy creep control. Losira did a good job of continuous spreading (with that many queens, he'd better), but Gumiho sacrificing scans and marines to kill tumors in three places at once was something you'd never see two years ago. (It's true he didn't lose many marines due to medivac pick up though. But the point remains. You would expect the terran player to drop and kill drones, not creep tumors.)

how would uprooted crawlers be able to kill the ghost when you have marauder tank next to it, even when it's a lot and where he could've nuked from didn't have creep anyways? (nearer to his base, just get vision of high ground briefly) - he only had creep at that place with overlord poop/creep

that is only if he didn't have the army there (trying to flank army escaping from the nuke). Also the creep doesn't disappear when the overlord moves, it stays there for quite some time and with overlord speed which he had he would be able to fly a little back and root everything there, if Gumiho wanted to attack at that time, he would have to cancel the nuke so he didn't nuke his own army - another risk. The new creep poop appears pretty fast so he would be able to go back even to the no creep area and quickly poop over there xD, overlord speed is imo awesome mid to late zerg upgrade and im glad losira is getting it almost every game.

do you two even play sc2 still? o.o just wondering.

Nah, I am only a trainer and a build creator xD

You might have seen some of my builds:

TARRAN: Command Center LAST - build every building first and then build CC on the natural expansion.

ZERG: Nydus Expand - Get a spawning pool, queen, gas, spread creep (while upgrading to lair) to ramp and block it with Nydus network building and spine crawler. Then place Nydus worm on the natural expansion and send one drone, build hatchery.

PROTOSS: Recall Probe Rush - get Gasses, Gateway, Stargate, Fleet beacon and build Mothership, time it right so it has 100 energy when over enemy base and warp in all your probes, without detection and AA they will eventually kill the whole base.

that is only if he didn't have the army there (trying to flank army escaping from the nuke). Also the creep doesn't disappear when the overlord moves, it stays there for quite some time and with overlord speed which he had he would be able to fly a little back and root everything there, if Gumiho wanted to attack at that time, he would have to cancel the nuke so he didn't nuke his own army - another risk. The new creep poop appears pretty fast so he would be able to go back even to the no creep area and quickly poop over there xD, overlord speed is imo awesome mid to late zerg upgrade and im glad losira is getting it almost every game.

Nah, I am only a trainer and a build creator xD

You might have seen some of my builds:

TARRAN: Command Center LAST - build every building first and then build CC on the natural expansion.

ZERG: Nydus Expand - Get a spawning pool, queen, gas, spread creep (while upgrading to lair) to ramp and block it with Nydus network building and spine crawler. Then place Nydus worm on the natural expansion and send one drone, build hatchery.

PROTOSS: Recall Probe Rush - get Gasses, Gateway, Stargate, Fleet beacon and build Mothership, time it right so it has 100 energy when over enemy base and warp in all your probes, without detection and AA they will eventually kill the whole base.

Trollbuilds.steve?

Trollbuilds.steve?

xD

Well last I actually played a ladder game of SC2 it was when they were merging the TW and KR servers and I bought TW starcraft so I can play on KR ladder. I made it to gold there and it was fun seeing the difference between ladders, too bad it had too much lag. Otherwise we only played observers with friends (2 people play, rest observers, bets on winner and analyzes the game - helps quite a bit for practice, one of my trainees is high masters in WoL and currently focusing on HotS, also high masters there.)

For me I have slow left hand for the APM required so I am more like the brain xD I am only good at FPS games, my right hand is trained quite well.

well, like I said, it depends on lots of variables, and also depends on which stage of that game you're talking about.

also it does take awhile to root the spines.

@overlords: like I said, it reaaaaaaaaally depends.

well, like I said, it depends on lots of variables, and also depends on which stage of that game you're talking about.

also it does take awhile to root the spines.

@overlords: like I said, it reaaaaaaaaally depends.

yeah, also its easy to theorize after the game is done when the player only had moments to decide what he wants to do smile.gif

anyway what do you think was THE best game if not this then? (if you have such game)

yeah, also its easy to theorize after the game is done when the player only had moments to decide what he wants to do smile.gif

anyway what do you think was THE best game if not this then? (if you have such game)

I don't have a "THE OMG BEST" game, I just remember lots of various good games, most of them old though (pre queen buff)

mkp vs nestea series

nestea vs sc

on the top of my head

then again I'm losing interest in WoL.