Littlewitch Romanesque thoughts

SilverLi

Edit Mod: Presentation of the game here.

Hi Fuwa!

I saw the announcement last week from J-list. They are releasing Shoujo Mahou Gaku Little Witch Romanesque later this year which in my opinion looks really promising. I like that kind of gamestyle but I have no idea how well made the game is.

Someone got experience playing this game or something to say about it? I am divided if I should preorder it or not. I can't find any reviews and asking you guys if you know anything about the game. My only knowledge is the the pictures I checked and the description on vndb and J-List.

So what is your thoughts and can you help me get a better feeling about the game, spoiler free if possible.

/SilverLi

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this thread is considered dead or not but I'm currently undecided on this visual novel and wouldn't mind some discussion about it.

Is this visual novel supposed to be any good? From everything I've seen and heard of it the game sounds very much like a very artsy nukige title but I feel as if my initial preceptions of the visual novel might be. So what are some of the positive points to this visual novel? Is the gameplay any good...does it take away from the characters or story? Basically try to talk me (or anyone else) into buying or ignoring the visual novel if you can. I've kept myself relatively in the dark about this game but have had some poor experiences recently and now wish to find out a bit more before dropping money down on it...admittedly I could always try it first but I like supporting games when I can. 

edit: I'm beginning to feel as if this should probably be in a different thread sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Is this visual novel supposed to be any good? From everything I've seen and heard of it the game sounds very much like a very artsy nukige title but I feel as if my initial preceptions of the visual novel might be.

It's not a visual novel and it's not a nukige. It's a raising sim (not to be confused with a dating sim,) with some extra puzzle gameplay. You guide 2 girls through a year of their magical high school, and you affect who and what they become by the choices you make.

JAST006_g.jpg

Title: Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque

Genre: Raising sim 

Synopsis

Welcome to Stella Mundo, a magical world still recovering from the devastation of the Mage War that ended the Age of Towers.

Domino, the youngest wizard to earn the rank of Archmage, has just begun his study of the ancient Dark Tower, a treasure trove of lost magical knowledge that he hopes to rediscover.

But there’s a catch.

As its price for allowing him to study the tower, the corrupt Council of Archmagi has assigned Domino two gifted but troublesome students -  Aria, the daughter of a noble family, and Kaya, an orphan with an unusual heritage - and given him just three years to complete their training, a process that normally takes decades.

Does Domino have what it takes to lead Aria and Kaya to greatness? Their fate is in his hands.

Features 

• Instruct two gifted but troublesome students in the ways of magic. Manage your pupils' schedule, teach them essential spells, increase their magical power and send them on quests to test their progress. Your time is limited, so use it wisely.
  • Over 40 hours of story and gameplay.
  • 100 spells to learn and 79 quests to complete.
  • Over 300 CGs by famed illustrator Oyari. 
  • 26 H-scenes with 12 different girls, including a fairy queen, a beautiful angel, and a cute elf. 
  • 20 endings including bad ends, romantic ends, and non-romantic ends.

Similar titles

Princess Maker, Tenkuu no Sinfonia, and Wizard's Climber

Gust's Atelier series

Promotional materials

Demo movie (includes a short gameplay clip around 2:30)

Reception

User reviews rate the game very highly (VNDB: 8.35, EGS: 82), making this the new best-rated gameplay eroge officially released in English (stealing that title from Yumina the Ethereal).

Recommended for:

Fans of gameplay eroge

Fans of Littlewitch's other titles (Quartett, Period)

Why you should buy this
To support more English releases of excellent gameplay VNs. These tend to be ignored by the fan translation community (in part because of the technical challenges), so supporting official releases is important if you want to see more.

Release date: Dec 16, 2014

Availability

JAST (download edition)

J-List (box edition)

RightStuf (box edition)

December 16 it is. At last.

Raising and dating games are kind of a guilty pleasure yes. Who knows how many hours I sat with games such as Love Hina. It was rewarding how you progressed the relationship in this case.

I know this isn't the same entirely. But since I played that a lot of years ago I really like the genre. 

I also played Long Live the Queen too. A good game in my opinion. I am looking forward to this game so much. I have already pre-ordered the game. 

It is a raising simulation in other words you are raising/training two girls of this School. Whatever you do inflicts on the future. I can't say much about the game. I haven't read too much either about it. But I guess it is similar to Long Live the Queen but more complex and in depth? I am probably speaking gibberish. 

I played the japanese version and loved it. It's definately the best visual novel out from all the LittleWitch works and propably one of the most complex games out on the market. You could say it's a raising simulator of sorts, but it's far off from games like PM series or even Musumaker. That said, your choices and the way you will raise and teach Aria and Kaya will affect the story and possible endings. Aside from that, it's a really rich game with beautiful art and designs from Oyari and has it's own, small cult following in Japan. It's hard to not enjoy it, even if you're not a huge fan of Oyari's artstyle; the game's incredibly enjoyable and fun, you'll propably spend a lot of time playing with magic.

I played the japanese version and loved it. It's definately the best visual novel out from all the LittleWitch works and propably one of the most complex games out on the market. You could say it's a raising simulator of sorts, but it's far off from games like PM series or even Musumaker. That said, your choices and the way you will raise and teach Aria and Kaya will affect the story and possible endings. Aside from that, it's a really rich game with beautiful art and designs from Oyari and has it's own, small cult following in Japan. It's hard to not enjoy it, even if you're not a huge fan of Oyari's artstyle; the game's incredibly enjoyable and fun, you'll propably spend a lot of time playing with magic.

And this doesn't hype me up at all. Goddamn two more days.