OriginalRen's VN Mail Call!

OriginalRen

Fuwanovel Mail Call!

Service Status: Delayed

ifWbHc2.png

For those of you on the Fuwanovel forums who aren't aware of what is happening in my life, November 3rd is a big day for me. I will be returning to Japan again to apply for teaching jobs and hopefully find permanent residence in the country once I get hired. Seeing that I plan to be in Japan for a minimum of 2 months, I thought it would be an interesting idea if I were to offer my services in helping everyone purchase and ship visual novels overseas. I understand that the community has a strong passion for PC games, and what better way to spread the love of them than through helping you buy them?

If you are interested in being apart of this, feel free to read all of the terms and conditions of the service below and request an order. Please keep in mind that while the title of this thread states that visual novels are the primary service I provide, I am also willing to ship anime, manga, and other electronic goods within reason.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the service and thanks for shopping!

Placing an Order:

• Begin by sending me a private message here on Fuwanovel if you are interested in placing an order. In the private message, state what kinds of items you would be interested in purchasing, be it a VN, an anime, or manga. Keep in mind you don't need to list the specifics quite yet
  • After PMing me, I will do my best to go find the items you want at the best possible prices. After doing so, I will confirm the final pricing with you (including shipping costs), and we will go from there

Shipping Information for EMS: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html

Confirming an Order:

• After the cost is confirmed and you give me the go ahead, we will begin the payment process of the order. All types of payment will be handled through PayPal. Once the money has been successfully transferred into my bank account, I will start shopping for your items and send them out ASAP. I will provide you with a tracking number, at which point all mailing information will be in the hands of the postal service

Additional Information:

Please keep in mind that I will do my very best to offer you the best deals for the products you request, and in doing so I will be sure to provide you with proper photos showing that the price I am paying for your product is fair and honest.

Before placing an order, please understand that you are responsible for providing all forms of payment and shipping costs should you choose to ask for my help. All payments will be completed through PayPal as stated above. Also, please understand that I am not responsible for your country's confiscation laws and/or import tax fees should you choose to ship overseas. Generally speaking, it is never an issue when shipping something from Japan, but keep in mind that if you choose to order something and it is confiscated or charged, I am not responsible for it.

Given the fact that the total estimate I will be giving you will not be 100% accurate due to shipping cost fluctuations, I will compensate you for any additional fees you may have given me during the payment process. In other words, I will do my best to calculate shipping effectively. Here is the exact shipping cost of a weighted package, so I will try to calculate your shipping costs around this:

1,400 grams (3 pounds) = 3,200 yen ($32.00)

Finally, I understand that this service is based on trust, and as such, I am only able to ask that you do just that: trust me. I swear in good name that I will provide you with a fair and honest rate and make sure you are only spending money that is nescessary for your items. Feel free to ask others who have used the service for testimonies about how it all works!

With that, I look forward to seeing some of your orders. If you have any questions and/or something is unclear in this post, please let me know; I am more than willing to answer your concerns. Thanks again everyone, and I hope you enjoy the service!

For those of you who aren't aware, November 3rd is a big day for me - I will be returning to Japan once again. As such, it is about time to officially announce a mail service I will be providing while I am overseas for those who are interested.

When will you leave Japan so we know a deadline for this?

No visa required to enter the country, and you're allowed to stay for up to 90 days, starting from the arrival date.

So put simply you go there with a ticket and a passport and that is all you need, They take your fingerprint and start the 90 day timer and off you go

So put simply you go there with a ticket and a passport and that is all you need, They take your fingerprint and start the 90 day timer and off you go

Yes, but I am applying for jobs again to snag myself a work visa which allows permanent residence in the country and the ability to legally get a job.

Might have to get in on this, but not for VNs. Those are worthless as a game collector :P No resell value outside of a tiny niche audience. 

Sure that's fine. I can do console games, including the Vita.

• 2 weeks later...

If you get a job there then you get a Visa for Work which allows you to stay there for a year or longer. From there you stay with that job and IF you change jobs you must let the Japanese Government know by visiting their local embassy (or those government stations that help the public, basically). You can extend your Work Visa longer as long as you maintain a good-standing, on your third year or longer, usually it works best on the fifth year, you can apply to be a citizen. I forgot how the "permanent resident" works. I read about it but I was focused more on the citizenship.

Japan allows a person to hold only two citizenships ... The best one in the world, obviously, is being a US citizen and acquiring a Japanese is a big plus.

I got all this information from the Japanese Embassy translated by them in English.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You've seen the goods in Japan, so now it's time to make lists! I have reviewed everyone's orders and will be checking how shipping works this coming weekend. Starting next week I will begin searching for your items and asking additional questions if I need to. We will price out your order and then go from there.

If you want to join in on ordering, please let me know!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A quick reminder to everyone that as of right now, the service is still open. I have somewhat updated the main post to reflect prices and changes.

If you already sent me an order list and I haven't gotten your items, I apologize but I will need you to send me the list again if you still want them. I deleted a lot of my old messages for organizational purposes and I apologize for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...