Yumiko Sakaki route praise thread?

I just finished reading her route in grisaia and I honestly have to say that it was the best thing since sliced bread (please mind my hyperbole there).

Now I'm sure I cannot be the only person on earth that loved that route. Grisaia is one of the most popular visual novels out there at the moment as well so I was wondering what you all thought about the novel and what your thoughts are on yumiko's route :3?

Specifically her story and the development of her story.

Here here! 

I wasn't too worked up about the whole story of her having a neglected childhood

but her dere side is a lot better than most of the girl's. Her H scenes were also the best looking. And both her endings were sweet and satisfying. 

Her childhood was emotional for me to be honest but were all different so I can't hold anything against you for what you feel :).

Just playing her route made me extremely biased. I am constantly thinking that her route is one and only route that I can call the best and that kinda puts me off from reading the others but I still try :)

yumiko is my favorite heroine in the game,i enjoyed her route but at the same time it felt kind of repeated her problem was  kind of a mix between michiru and makina issues,frontwing could have done much more better with her route,and i have a problem with her bad end it doesn't even qualify as a bad end it's not even bad,but nevertheless she is still my favorite girl

Her childhood was emotional for me to be honest but were all different so I can't hold anything against you for what you feel :).

Just playing her route made me extremely biased. I am constantly thinking that her route is one and only route that I can call the best and that kinda puts me off from reading the others but I still try :)

Yeah I was pretty depreessed with Amames route so Yumikos was a little tame to me in comparison but it was a very enjoyable tame :). Tranquility like.

You should give the other girls a try though. Their stories are really fascinating.

yumiko is my favorite heroine in the game,i enjoyed her route but at the same time it felt kind of repeated her problem was  kind of a mix between michiru and makina issues,frontwing could have done much more better with her route,and i have a problem with her bad end it doesn't even qualify as a bad end it's not even bad,but nevertheless she is still my favorite girl

So can I deduce that you are a Kuudere lover ? 

Because my friend I am! XD :3

Congrats on your member of the month XD!

Yeah I was pretty depreessed with Amames route so Yumikos was a little tame to me in comparison but it was a very enjoyable tame :). Tranquility like.

You should give the other girls a try though. Their stories are really fascinating.

I am currently playing sachi's route. But like I said Yumiko is my one and only girl. There's something about her that just got me hooked. <3

Ogi san, I suppose posting anything that isn't a praise would be off-topic.  :P

Anyway, Yumiko is pretty much your run-of-the-mill kuudere with a broken home syndrome. I quite like her despite the stereotypical image, and I'm pretty sure people who have a fetish for that would find her spot-on. Aside from the heroine, her route is my third favorite among the others. It's essentially Makina REVAMP, lavished with lighter tones and a conclusive ending. It gets pretty slow at times, especially in the very beginning and towards the midpoint of the route, but never tedious (e.g. seed of the world tree). The plot was cliche'd at best but it was still nice to see it laid out. It's nothing special but there's nothing overly faulty about it as well.

So can I deduce that you are a Kuudere lover ? 

Because my friend I am! XD :3

Congrats on your member of the month XD!

you're spot-on my friend,kuuderes have a hard shell and when they finally open to their lover  i find it really cute to see them show affection,i love them almost as much as i love yanderes though  :P

thank you XD

I am currently playing sachi's route. But like I said Yumiko is my one and only girl. There's something about her that just got me hooked. <3

get ready for the feels

Ogi san, I suppose posting anything that isn't a praise would be off-topic.  :P

Anyway, Yumiko is pretty much your run-of-the-mill kuudere with a broken home syndrome. I quite like her despite the stereotypical image, and I'm pretty sure people who have a fetish for that would find her spot-on. Aside from the heroine, her route is my third favorite among the others. It's essentially Makina REVAMP, lavished with lighter tones and a conclusive ending. It gets pretty slow at times, especially in the very beginning and towards the midpoint of the route, but never to the point of tedious (e.g. seed of the world tree). The plot was cliche'd at best but it was still nice to see it laid off. It's nothing special but there's nothing overly faulty about it as well.

This just proves my point that people have entirely different views from each other( Not that it is a bad thing Dim-kun). Makina for me is that cute girl that I would only see as a sister my man. Going through her route would be exceptionally hard on me -_-.

But Yumiko's route was filled with all the things that make up a good story in my opinion. It had "suspense" , the "fun moments" "the serious moment" and just a really good plot for me. 

The ending almost made me explode, out of fulfillment that is XD.

I liked Yumiko for the same reason I like Kurisu in Steins;Gate.  She is a genuinely helpful and supportive character in just about every route(except, ironically, her own).  After seeing how she was in the first couple of routes I played, I was looking forward to playing hers the most.  I can't say I enjoyed it the most, but I still liked her as a character.  Also, her H-scene was the least cringe-worthy to me.  The romance also felt more natural than some of the other girls'.

you're spot-on my friend,kuuderes have a hard shell and when they finally open to their lover  i find it really cute to see them show affection.

That's the thing that makes me love them so much -_-. Just seeing the contrast in their interactions is the most adorable thing on earth :3

Despite having the most "normal" problem among the students at the school, I felt her story was the best. She wasn't my favorite character necessarily (I think that goes to Sachi) but she's a close second. She had some pretty good development (DAMN SHE FINE) and her endings were genuinely satisfying. Better than ending up as a corpse in a bag, anyways. :P

She had some pretty good development (DAMN SHE FINE) and her endings were genuinely satisfying.

I Know right ?! I mean for almost all of the common route she kept to herself, which in my opinion, hid a lot of herself. That just ignited my interest in her and my motivation to read and play her route grew as well :). And yes bro she had a fine Body :o 

Better than ending up as a corpse in a bag, anyways. :P

I'm not aware of any of this so i'll just mental note it as a spoiler -_- lol.

This just proves my point that people have entirely different views from each other( Not that it is a bad thing Dim-kun). Makina for me is that cute girl that I would only see as a sister my man. Going through her route would be exceptionally hard on me -_-.

But Yumiko's route was filled with all the things that make up a good story in my opinion. It had "suspense" , the "fun moments" "the serious moment" and just a really good plot for me. 

The ending almost made me explode, out of fulfillment that is XD.

Which was what I mean by 'conclusive ending'. I was also trying to say that in the big picture Makina's route and Yumiko's route share many similarities, primarily involving runaway and a conflict around the heroine's high-end family. Still, plot alone I still like Yumiko's better than Makina's. Makina's route also had those 3 things you mentioned, especially how it gets very dark towards the end. But it just ended. Poof, poorly paced.

Now back to the characters. I love both, they're different. We live in a world where you can love both <3

I always saw Yumiko as a soft spoken Tsundere.

This can be argued but I don't necessarily disagree with you on that front. However tsundere's are normally more aggressive in their interactions. Yumiko did not always display acts of aggression to people, she merely tried her best to keep her distance. 

Makina's route also had those 3 things you mentioned, especially how it gets very dark towards the end. But it just ended. Poof, poorly paced.

Are you serious ?! Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I am willing to make myself suffer just so that I can say I completed the whole novel. Makina's route will not be played lol.

Are you serious ?! Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I am willing to make myself suffer just so that I can say I completed the whole novel. Makina's route will not be played lol.

Mate, play them all, I'm telling you, each route has their own issues, but each route is also awesome. Don't just decide not to play a route on an off-hand comment, if at all possible. You (probably) won't regret it ;)

Although I'm terrible at formulating opinions, I'll still say that I really liked Yumiko's route, contrary to popular opinion.

I'm usually drawn in by any kind of Dere, so her route was the one I did first. And I liked how it ended.

I always saw Yumiko as a soft spoken Tsundere.

i don't know about that tsunderes always show their emotions they are always noisy but yumiko is emotionless and cool see the difference?

like Tiagofvarela said  you must play all the routes they are all unique and makina's route focuses on yuuji's past more than the other routes

Mate, play them all, I'm telling you, each route has their own issues, but each route is also awesome. Don't just decide not to play a route on an off-hand comment, if at all possible. You (probably) won't regret it ;)

Although I'm terrible at formulating opinions, I'll still say that I really liked Yumiko's route, contrary to popular opinion.

I'm usually drawn in by any kind of Dere, so her route was the one I did first. And I liked how it ended.

I sooo agree. If yumiko's route was actually a whole novel in it's own right and with more of a plot would read it ? 

I think I would ey.