Lamune patch announcements

The hentai parts have indeed been cut.  (I set out to do the PS2 version of the game originally, but that hasn't been working out so great.)

On the other side of the coin, people shouldn't be fooled into thinking that this is "all ages" like on a console--nowhere have I said this, and if you rely on it being all-ages you're going to see things that you probably didn't expect to see...

If people want to build a different kind of patch off of mine, that's fine with me.  I'll explain what to do.  But I'm not going to do it.

As far as where to get the game, I'd have to start from scratch like anybody else--I've had this thing for years and years, it was like a collector's item for me same as the Jap. version of D.C.P.C. and Kanon, etc.

Sorry, I decided I don't like having to skip through Japanese text in the English patch.  And that my site will only ever carry non-Xrated patches.

If you have Lamune then by definition you have access to the untranslated scenes.  They don't need to be in the English patch.

Edit:  I see in the request thread that someone already added the untranslated scenes back in--in like one day, without even needing my help.  It looks like the ero people will be happy now, too.

This is the last time I will respond to opinion posts about the censorship in the patch, so read carefully.

People like you make me deeply regret not having translated the PS2 version of this game instead.  But since I'm already taking on the translation and editing duties, I decided it would take too much of my free time to cross the technical hurdles compared to the PC version.  It is much easier to do the PC version and then edit out the smut.  Otherwise, I might have given up on the project by now.

And there is one other advantage over working on the actual PS2 version.  The official PS2 version deletes the entire love scenes, so you never even know they were there--along with all the other of the game's risque moments.  And still it is a good game.  As for me, I chose to retain everything except the actual hentai.

I can't help but feel that you turned away from an acceptable half-measure and adopted the worst possible solution. While I appreciate your translation work, haphazardly cutting away content like that is pretty damn lame. :/

I agree with you. This is what Moenovel did after all, and they didn't garner much praise for their method.

I understand you want to translate for all-ages, and I respect that. But I can't help but be a little disappointed when it has an 18+ version.

I agree with you. This is what Moenovel did after all, and they didn't garner much praise for their method.

I understand you want to translate for all-ages, and I respect that. But I can't help but be a little disappointed when it has an 18+ version.

You're forgetting that Moenovel had a shitty translation.

Yeah, censorship is the smallest issue with MoeNovel's release...

That aside, note that this patch only removes sex scenes. Apparently you will still see some... stuff (see the link in post #28 if you're curious... On a side note - damn, that's actually pretty hot. Now I'm slightly interested in this title. 18+ version, that is. :P).

I can't help but feel that you turned away from an acceptable half-measure and adopted the worst possible solution. While I appreciate your translation work, haphazardly cutting away content like that is pretty damn lame. :/

What you can do is copy a second copy of the game and leave it unpatched, download a 100% save file. When you hit a h-scene, just swap the save file (back the old one up), open the unpatched folder,  go to recollection, and enjoy the "deleted scene".  Shouldn't actually take much extra time.

Yeah, censorship is the smallest issue with MoeNovel's release...

That aside, note that this patch only removes sex scenes. Apparently you will still see some... stuff (see the link in post #28 if you're curious... On a side note - damn, that's actually pretty hot. Now I'm slightly interested in this title. 18+ version, that is. :P).

Not just H-scene, dirty joke and rate-X lines are removed too.

Here the evidence: http://zoom909.blogspot.nl/2014/06/lamune-partial-patch-1-is-ready.html#comment-form

Not just H-scene, dirty joke and rate-X lines are removed too.

Here the evidence: http://zoom909.blogspot.nl/2014/06/lamune-partial-patch-1-is-ready.html#comment-form

Except that, not being a nuki-game, all X-rated lines occur within the H-scene.

You have just drained the last bit of good will I had towards this project.  Have a nice day.

Except that, not being a nuki-game, all X-rated lines occur within the H-scene.

You have just drained the last bit of good will I had towards this project.  Have a nice day.

Were you not expecting any sort of backlash when you went back on your word? 

Yes, I might have made things worse by skipping over the untranslated parts, but the backlash started before I even gave in (temporarily) on including the untranslated scene.

http://zoom909.blogspot.com/2014/04/about-omission-of-explicit-scenes.html

Now when I see it in the light of day, and I look at the posts on VNDB, I see that there is no way to resolve this rift.

It seems the VN community simply will not accept a censored patch.  Most of those complaining have not even tried out the game.  They have simply turned a minor inconvenience into a disaster.

But I'm not going to translate H-scenes.  And I don't want untranslated lines in the middle of my patch.  And there's no reason for it.

The original game has all the scenes.  They're all there.  You can look at them any time you want.  People should not care whether the scenes are in the patch unless they're translated!  Which they aren't!

Anyway, whoever's fault it is, my fault, their fault, what's done is done.  I'll learn from my mistake and the next thing I pick will meet the following criteria in addition to my interest:

-no hentai

-no hentai version available (because if there is, the all ages version gets bashed anyway)

Well, he did ask for help to translate the sex scenes, and seems like nobody helped, so I don't get it why people are complaining. I do think that censoring ecchi is not always the solution, and they're actually very... simple to translate, since they're very generic sometimes, but with or without them, we all have the game in english, and before that, only a few could read it, so we should just thank him =(

I'm sure Zoom has his reasons for not including h-content in his patch. I personally think people should be grateful he made an english patch for others to enjoy the game at least and he's put hard work into it.. it's not nice to put him down for his efforts. And like he said, you could always play the original jp version for the h-scenes if you wanted to that badly.

However, if it's that much of a problem, maybe I can help.

(I don't have experience in translating any hentai scenes yet.. but if you want to Zoom, I'll help you with them if you still want to.)

I'm occupied with another project, but I think I'll have time to do some h-scenes. xD