Kirikiri and Android

Tief Blau

I'm just going to put this here because I don't know where else this would go. Made a post about this on my blog but since no one reads that, I decided to put it here so word would get out.

As we all know, ONScripter exists on android, and you can play most of the older (Built on ONScripter) visual novels that way. Some newer (Built on Kirikiri) ones will also work, but that requires a conversion, and the process is a little messy.

I've been looking for a while, and it turns out that there actually is a Kirikiri interpeter for android. It's called Habakiri, and it is developed by a 井元 武則

You can grab the apk - here

Of course, you still need to own the game to get the files ;)/>

Instructions

1. Get kirikiri based visual novel

2. Copy novel into internal memory of android device (I'm not sure exactly which ones, so I usually just copy everything, but I think that just the .xp3 files need to be copied over), anywhere is fine, as long as the entire game is in the same folder

3. Install Habakiri

4. Run Habakiri, you then see a file manager-esque UI

5. Find the folder with your VN in it

6. Select data.xp3

7. Press the "このフィイル" button on the bottem

8. Pray it works

I've never gotten anything to actually work past the load screen, so I hope that you guys can make better use of this then I can.

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I'd love to get other input/guides into how to use this, including a list of compatible games. Hopefully we could make a mother-guide to really increase its use.

PS: You're doing the right thing: posting blog content into related forums definetely increases blog traffic. In any case, your blog is now one of my "VN Blogs" to check daily. : )