Thoughts on the Corpse Party series

Ivan A.

So, I raged quit Corpse Party Blood Covered PSP for the 7th time, and I need to calm down before I smash my keyboard(I play it on ppsspp emulator) to pieces.

While i´m on that process, I was thinking what people think of the series.

In my opinion is the scariest horror game I played so far, it has a great story, gruesome deaths, (if you´re unlucky, like i´m being) endless bad endings, etc. The sequel Book of Shadows had quite the open ending, and Blood Drive is schedule to the end of July for the PS Vita.

But i´m interested in the opinion of the rest of you, I think is a great series.

If you think it´s bad or whatever, I´m interested in hearing it.

I haven't read a Corpse Party yet, it's still on my to read list but if it is anything like it's anime adeption it will be a great title. True I do hope that it has at least one good ending. I do agree that it is one of best horrors out there.

I didn´t liked the anime adaption.

It picked up several bad endings, and I honestly don´t understand why would they do that.

I want to punch in the face the one responsible for this choice.

I didn´t liked the anime adaption.

It picked up several bad endings, and I honestly don´t understand why would they do that.

I want to punch in the face the one responsible for this choice.

I gotten inpresion that bad endings are all that Corpse Party has, if it has good ones too thats even better. I don't realy like bad endings true despite that I still liked Anime. I guess that I will enjoy VN even more now.

I enjoy the corpse party series a lot despite being a fan of moege.

I wouldn't say they're the scariest thing I've seen but they're certainly eerie and the story never gets boring and I love playing the games.

I wonder if the 3rd game will get an english release.

I gotten inpresion that bad endings are all that Corpse Party has, if it has good ones too thats even better. I don't realy like bad endings true despite that I still liked Anime. I guess that I will enjoy VN even more now.

The true ending isn't exactly bad but it's not exactly everything's okay and everyone lived happily ever after. It is a horror after all.

<--- Avatar and Name, I love the series. Got Corpse Party and Book of Shadows on the Vita and played many of the fan made games and the Original game on RPGmaker. I hope they will release Blooddrive soon to the West.

As for a walkthrough, I don't think you would really need it. It just Trial and Error. I personally didn't need it. To me it was pretty obvious which actions/choices would lead to a bad end, besides a few obscure ones. I save regularly and usually pick the bad choice first to what happens

I think I used a walkthrough once I got to chapter 5 in Blood Covered, just because there were so many things that were easy to miss.

And I have to say, the only parts that really "scared" me were the parts when you have to run away from ghosts, just because I kept getting caught and knew what would happen if I didn't escape. The game was just unsettling, more than anything. I remember playing through the end of chapter 4 for the first time late at night in a dark room, and that... probably wasn't my best choice. Still, I feel like it was more emotional than scary overall.

As for a walkthrough, I don't think you would really need it. It just Trial and Error. I personally didn't need it. To me it was pretty obvious which actions/choices would lead to a bad end, besides a few obscure ones. I save regularly and usually pick the bad choice first to what happens

If it were as easy, I wouldn´t rage quit at all. Plus, some people don´t have the patience

I've enjoyed BloodCovered very much, and so did my friend who doesn't even read VNs. Book of Shadows felt pointless and had some really bad parts, but it still retained some of the enjoyable aspects. Corpse Party 2..was interesting, but not scary (read atmospheric) anymore. Hard to judge with just one chapter out - did they cancel the rest?

Looking forward to BloodDrive, buying at launch.

Looking forward to BloodDrive, buying at launch.

I -sadly-won´t be able to play BloodDrive because I don´t have a Vita(way to expensive here and money doesn´t come out in trees). I´ll have to watch a Lets play on Youtube or something alike when there is one.

I -sadly-won´t be able to play BloodDrive because I don´t have a Vita(way to expensive here and money doesn´t come out in trees). I´ll have to watch a Lets play on Youtube or something alike when there is one.

I'll tell you if it's worth it when I get it, it's just a mere month away either way. :)

Personally I really enjoyed the game,you can easilly get scared at some points if you're not prepared, and I agree that some bad endings can be trully gruesome.

Something I liked about it is the tension the game puts on you because doing something stupid or reckless almost always kills someone.

Other than that, the final chapter of book of shadows...just when you begin to think that everything will be fine for once you fall in the worst despair possible...