Why I Think Sora Is Ever17's Loveliest Character [SPOILERS]

Funyarinpa

---Please only read if you have COMPLETELY finished Ever17---

***WARNING: OPINIONS INCOMING***

Sora was the first route I finished while playing Ever17(which I finished only a few days ago) and I loved every second of it. From the whole AI reveal(during which I probably blushed in real life) to the "good" ending inside Himmel, Sora, rather ironically, feels the most lifelike, the most humane, the most likeable character. She expresses more feelings than the rest of the characters totaled.

She is both the most mature and the most childlike person of the cast. As she accidentally startles Takeshi in a corridor, she is deeply, sincerely sorry for such a little thing. As something contradicts her AI logic and she becomes confused, she is incredibly cute- she has so much to learn about the world. As she asks the meaning of love, as she calmly explains the situation of LeMU for the 5th time and as she bids farewell to Takeshi (and the others) as they descend into IBF, she is immensely mature. 

Hers is a conflict much different from the others- she does not worry about death. She does not worry about drowning. However, she is torn: She feels love; but in her circuits, in her hard drive. She can't feel the heartbeat that appears when she sees the person she cares the most about, she cannot experience the flushing, the excitement when talking to Takeshi. She cannot dream, maybe even cannot think about her "feelings". And for me, this conflict is far tougher than surviving in an underwater theme park doomed to implode in 119 hours: Love, and how one can feel love without a body. Love, and how can love live on without even being able to touch each other. Love, and how powerful it can be. Love, and how you have to face your loved one's potential death every day, every hour, every minute.

Maybe the only thing that really warmed my heart during Coco end was how she had gotten a body, even if artificial. How she could be anywhere now, how she could feel now somewhat, while retaining her thoughtful, -literally- selfless, loving, hopeful, optimistic, trusting personality.

Sora: Artificial mind, knowing more than the real ones. Artificial body, more alive than the real ones. Artificial heart, loving better than the real ones.

Sora is indeed a pretty nice character. I don't know if she's really the best one, Ever17 is not that much character-oriented anyway.

But AI love is sweet.

However she's definitely not blessed with the best of routes, sadly... TBH I even think it's the worst one: Takeshi's route are not very good anyway, and Tsugumi's one has a bit more elements in it. If you read Tsugumi's first, Sora's route is almost entirely redundant, that's really too bad...

Sora is indeed a pretty nice character. I don't know if she's really the best one, Ever17 is not that much character-oriented anyway.

But AI love is sweet.

However she's definitely not blessed with the best of routes, sadly... TBH I even think it's the worst one: Takeshi's route are not very good anyway, and Tsugumi's one has a bit more elements in it. If you read Tsugumi's first, Sora's route is almost entirely redundant, that's really too bad...

I loved Sora as a character so her route was very interesting for me(and yes, also probably because it was my first ending), I got tsugumi route spoiled for me so no comment on that(it was pretty suspenseful though), I kinda liked Sara Route. I guess you could say my least favorite was You, for some reason it was not interesting for me. The second place for me is Coco route of course, it blows your mind into the 4th dimension.

I honestly thought Kid's routes were the worst... not that they were particularly BAD, they just didn't really have the same impact as either of Takeshi's routes. IMO, Coco>Tsugumi>Sora>Sara>You. Redundance wasn't really a huge issue for me since I just skipped all repeated content.

Mmm, i 

I honestly thought Kid's routes were the worst... not that they were particularly BAD, they just didn't really have the same impact as either of Takeshi's routes. IMO, Coco>Tsugumi>Sora>Sara>You. Redundance wasn't really a huge issue for me since I just skipped all repeated content.

Agreed. Though since the game is kind of lenghty i wasnt that bothered about the story progression. 

Then again Sora was my favourite character... man, wasnt she the cutest ever. I wish she got a more important role in the story, plus more romantic developement.

What can I say... Tsugumi, for me, was by far the character I liked most. Not only does she define my favorite archetype: the kuutsundere. Arguably this is just a tsundere type, but I'd like to distinguish between them. Classic tsundere might fit as well. She's not particularly violent (oh god Rewrite!Lucia just go away and die your personality is shit #opinions), instead staying aloof with an offputting demeanour. She then develops into a more traditional tsundere as Takeshi starts getting through to her.

It's not just that, though. Her motherhood, dedication, tearful reunion with her kids after being forced to abandon her misconceptions, everything about her story is moving. There's a reason my vhost on IRC is Tsugumi.is.best.tsundere.

--

I don't think Sora got enough screentime to truly be interesting. To be fair, I did find the AI romance thing very interesting, and would likely enjoy a VN that explored those themes deeper (that I can read in English for now...)

What can I say... Tsugumi, for me, was by far the character I liked most. Not only does she define my favorite archetype: the kuutsundere. Arguably this is just a tsundere type, but I'd like to distinguish between them. Classic tsundere might fit as well. She's not particularly violent (oh god Rewrite!Lucia just go away and die your personality is shit #opinions), instead staying aloof with an offputting demeanour. She then develops into a more traditional tsundere as Takeshi starts getting through to her.

It's not just that, though. Her motherhood, dedication, tearful reunion with her kids after being forced to abandon her misconceptions, everything about her story is moving. There's a reason my vhost on IRC is Tsugumi.is.best.tsundere.

--

I don't think Sora got enough screentime to truly be interesting. To be fair, I did find the AI romance thing very interesting, and would likely enjoy a VN that explored those themes deeper (that I can read in English for now...)

heh some else who also thinks the same as me :D

yea i also liked Tsugumi a lot and thats rare from me since i typically hate these 'tsunderes' but she was a really interesting character with a sad but interesting backstory. Loved how she developed throughout as well.

though there should've been more screentime with her and Takeshi after he came out of Himmel,if i remember right she only got teased at ;p

Sora was just the sweetest character for me, she was so cute and I just loved her - mature yet childlike at the same time.

The scene where she attempts to speak like a "young person" were hilarious :D

But (VLR spoilers)

Such a shame she's basically the same as Luna

I agree that she was in a sense the most "human" and realistic of the cast, or the one I'd like to spend most time with! <3

I hated Tsugumi at first (I didnt know what tsundere was, and she was horrible to Takeshi and really annoying) but she had a really sad and interesting backstory that went some way to explaining how she acted in the end.

Sora was just the sweetest character for me, she was so cute and I just loved her - mature yet childlike at the same time.

The scene where she attempts to speak like a "young person" were hilarious :D

But (VLR spoilers)

Such a shame she's basically the same as Luna

I agree that she was in a sense the most "human" and realistic of the cast, or the one I'd like to spend most time with! <3

I hated Tsugumi at first (I didnt know what tsundere was, and she was horrible to Takeshi and really annoying) but she had a really sad and interesting backstory that went some way to explaining how she acted in the end.

ARE YOU READING MY MIND?!

If you didn't mention the spoilers bit, it actually wouldn't be spoilers. :P

You can spoil a whole games' story, but if you don't say what game it's from, the person may not make the connection and therefore wouldn't get spoiled.

PS: Please pay no heed to my deviating from the matter at hand, coupled with my lack of a contribution to the topic.

I agree it's a wonderful irony that Sora has an artificial mind/body and yet it seems she can feel and love more deeply than a human - beautiful <3 If it looks like a person, talks like a person, acts like a person....

Her story showed how beautiful, powerful and painful love can be.

I think it affected/hurt Sora most of all, because she's not used to these emotions. Not that everyone is, but Sora even less.