So I just finished this video reivew of Ever17...

Ashadow700

...and I was hoping you could tell me what you think of it.

I personally am rather unhappy with it, as I think it turned out kind of bad or at least not on par with my other works. =/

It is currently set as unlisted, so I figured I'd ask you guys about your opinion on it before I deiced on wither I should make it public or scrap it. Also, any other feedback you have is more then appreciated.

And by the way, for the love of god please tell me your honest opinion. I've noticed that constructive, negative criticism is extremely hard to come by on youtube, so if you did not like it, please tell me!

Anyhu, you can watch it here:

I would give you honest, negative criticism, but I don't have much to complain about.

On the form, you speak distinctively enough (I have bad ears and am not a native speaker), use enough visual effects to make the video medium relevant, the length is acceptable.

On the content, your arguments are clearly outlined and the writing is constructed. I happen to agree with most of what you've said, so I think you've pointed out the pros and cons of the game accurately.

Some points could have been developed more, you probably could make the video a bit longer. There are a few other irritating points of the game that could have been put into evidence and linked. But overall it's good.

Just one thing actually: when you talk about the plot or about who you would recommend the game too, it feels a bit like you're assuming the average person watching you has low attention and/or expect brainless entertainment. I know it's a common thing to end up sounding this way while making a recommendation, because you really want the person in front of you to know what he's getting into, and you want to prevent him from disliking the game for stupid reasons. I think I do it very often. But that still feels off.

Since you seem to be disappointed by this video in particular, I'll maybe try to watch another of your reviews later to compare.

Does this contain spoilers ?

I haven't finished the game yet, so can i risk viewing this video ?

I tried to keep spoilers to an absolute minimum. When making reviews I always have to include some amounts of spoilers, like the general outline of the story and basic character description, but beyond that I tried to keep everything under wraps.

Still, if you want to read Ever17 completely blind, then should not watch my video. =/

I don't understand why you seem to dislike this revew so much.

I think it went straight to the point, it didn't focus too much on being silly, it kept the level of literacy a review should have and it focused on all the points a review should focus on. Down pretty much said everything i could say so i'll keep it short.

And let me tell you it made me want to play Ever17 which i never have before so i thank you for this review.

So there is nothing about mentionning an eventual twist or critical revelations ?

I've played all the routes exept You's and Coco's (so tsugumi, sora and sara).

Am I good to go? I need your approval master ! *Ready !*

So there is nothing about mentionning an eventual twist or critical revelations ?

I've played all the routes exept You's and Coco's (so tsugumi, sora and sara).

Am I good to go? I need your approval master ! *Ready !*

Yeah, you should be fine.

I want to warn you though - there is a section around 8 minutes in or so when I briefly talk about the ending. Again, I did my best to state my opinion on it while trying to avoid spoilers, but you might want to skip it when you get that far just in case.

I would give you honest, negative criticism, but I don't have much to complain about.

On the form, you speak distinctively enough (I have bad ears and am not a native speaker), use enough visual effects to make the video medium relevant, the length is acceptable.

On the content, your arguments are clearly outlined and the writing is constructed. I happen to agree with most of what you've said, so I think you've pointed out the pros and cons of the game accurately.

Some points could have been developed more, you probably could make the video a bit longer. There are a few other irritating points of the game that could have been put into evidence and linked. But overall it's good.

Just one thing actually: when you talk about the plot or about who you would recommend the game too, it feels a bit like you're assuming the average person watching you has low attention and/or expect brainless entertainment. I know it's a common thing to end up sounding this way while making a recommendation, because you really want the person in front of you to know what he's getting into, and you want to prevent him from disliking the game for stupid reasons. I think I do it very often. But that still feels off.

Since you seem to be disappointed by this video in particular, I'll maybe try to watch another of your reviews later to compare.

Thanks a lot Down, really appreciate you taking the time to write all that down.

Just one thing, you say that I come of as assuming that the average reader as low attention span... and... yes, I'm trying to make my reviews accessible to non-fans of visual novels, so I am kind of doing just that. Would say that I come of as insulting in doing so though? This is something that never even crossed my mind. O_o

I don't understand why you seem to dislike this revew so much.

I think it went straight to the point, it didn't focus too much on being silly, it kept the level of literacy a review should have and it focused on all the points a review should focus on. Down pretty much said everything i could say so i'll keep it short.

And let me tell you it made me want to play Ever17 which i never have before so i thank you for this review.

Heh, thanks a lot for your nice words Nosebleed. I guess maybe I, as the creator, just have a tenancy to look at all the flaws in my own work rather then what I actually did well.

By the way, since you've not read Ever17 I might as well ask you this; I was a bit worried that the plot description I made might not have been deep enough. Did you get that feeling too?

Ever 17 is my absolute favorite VN. That's all I will say on that. *Evil glare*

As for the video itself, it was fine.

Hope I did not step on your toes too much. :rolleyes:

Thanks for watching though.

Getting to hear Ever17's music again gave me the feels (TUT).......

I've rarely heard people say bad things about Ever17 so that immediately drew my attention.

For feedback, there were some bits at the start where you spoke quite fast and I had trouble keeping up.

About the game being repetitive, well, being able to skip the text made it okay. That's just a subjective thing, though, so no big deal there.

I'm really interested in hearing more about why you disliked the ending.

:).