MellowMadman11's art

MellowMadman11

I've noticed that people in the fuwa forums like art, so I thought I would post some of the art I have made. These are all from about 3 years ago.

pgtLsnS.png

This is an image of a promotional poster for the smashing pumpkins album mellon collie and the infinate sadness, that I created on a special black paper that you carve away sections of. Although I made this way too late to actually advertise the album, I would still like to make a poster of this one day.

1xEq4jO.png

This is a relief print I made from a small rectangle of linoleum. The image on the left is the first print, the one on the right is the second.

M9eb25u.png

This is a sketch of a girl from the annual zombie walk in Lawrence, Kansas. I was trying to decide on a way to make the skin on her cheek look like it's rotting away. I'am currently in the process of coloring this one, and will upload the finished picture when I can.

8300xr4.jpg?1

Not much to be said about this one, Just a rooster i painted using random shapes to assemble the body.

very nice i have trouble with that style of art myself when i try it it tends to look to overly complicated and filled with to many abstract flourishes , takes away from the simple beauty of that style, but you on the other hand so a great job balancing the simplicity with the spatial proportions.

It was made in an art class my senior year of high school. We were given an assignment to make an abstract painting of an animal. The idea in my head when I started it was just to put random shapes on a piece of paper and see where that led me. I happened to be listening to the song rooster by Alice in Chains when I started it. I guess that Influenced me to make a rooster. I usually prefer minimalism in my art, so I made sure the rooster was simple and didn't look too busy. I was really surprised it came out so well.

My class was an advanced art class that I got into only because the teacher knew me through the other art teacher who taught pottery. Everyone else in the class was brilliant when it came to 2d art, which made me and my friend Matt stick out as the least technically skilled. Every time an assignment came up we would challenge each other to see who's project was the best, and sadly a lot of the time ours were terrible compared to the other students. We also had a tendency to steal the others idea before he could do anything with it.

Another fan of the rooster here.  If you feel like cluing me into this one, feel free.  It's interesting, but confused me.

This is a sketch of a girl from the annual zombie walk in Lawrence, Kansas. I was trying to decide on a way to make the skin on her cheek look like it's rotting away. The sketch isn't the finished work, i'am working on coloring the finished work as we speak.