[Submission] Small Changes That Make the Site More Fun

Hey guys, so as most of you know, I've been going around fixing tiny little things with the site's aesthetics.  One of those changes was our new "Defaut Photooooo":

MJ9VezM.png

(Haha, gotcha Zhu-zhu~)

Another would be the new staff badges:

N1Aexf5.png

akIE6zT.png

So, me and Nayleen were wondering: what minor changes can we make to the visuals of the forums and main site to make it look "better"~

Please don't treat this as a flood thread to just put whatever you want out there, just minor and decently good ideas--when in doubt, use what I did as an example.

Okay, now go~!

~Naomi~

What if the rep as it grows starts getting darker shades? 

First i thought different colors but that's kind of a hassle and some colors give off different feelings (like red often symbolizes bad) so i didn't think it'd be as fitting

You could set a limit for shade changing like every 5 or 10 rep

For example (sorry for bad and sloppy photoshop):

ZGnvHua.png

Admit that they're not all 40 since i'm using mine as a sample

The first could be 1+, then 10+, 20+, 30+, etc.

What do you think?

That seems appropriate, the only reason i didn't suggest different colors is because of people's personal preferences.

Like picking which color goes to what amount of rep, everyone will have different opinions.

But if we're using the Fuwanovel colors then i don't see a problem personally.

Also the limits seem fair though maybe having more in between would be nice, i mean reaching 100 rep is one hell of a feat, not even Tay has 100.

Now to assign which color goes to what amount.

I'm not sure if having red as the first level's color is a good idea. It usually signals something bad.

They don't have to be in order, Naomi already said that the starter color will be the default green.

Edit: How about this:

Green for starters, then Pink/Red (I don't know now..), Blue, Yellow (because it reminds me of the typical medal ranking: bronze, silver, gold)

I'm not sure if having red as the first level's color is a good idea. It usually signals something bad.

It's not exactly red, more of a pink.  Pink doesn't indicate anything bad at all in my opinion.

The idea though is pretty nice, just something that makes the profiles a bit more flashy~

I just thought of something: since the "w" in Fuwa is already somewhat the same color as the start-out one, why don't we make the startout color white, like the "novel" part?  It's boring, maybe, but makes you feel better for being popularzzzzzz (too bad I'm not though Dx)

I just thought of something: since the "w" in Fuwa is already somewhat the same color as the start-out one, why don't we make the startout color white, like the "novel" part?  It's boring, maybe, but makes you feel better for being popularzzzzzz (too bad I'm not though Dx)

Ordinary white and then going through the "Four Stages of Fuwa" would be nice.  

Several edits later:

Okay so since i feel like 100 is special and this needs to stay in sets of 25

0 gray

1-25 white 

25-50 color

50-75 color

75-100 color

100+ color

(Wasn't this the initial format anyway? Except for the white)

At this point my whims will take me wherever they go~  Thank you so much for that wonderful idea Nosebleed.  That could surely make the forums more fun~!  Arigato gozaimasu~

Feel free to share any other splendid ideas~

Mine is still green because high rep T_T

Damn, I'll say a lot of cool things and get to blue right away!

Jokes aside, this is very nice. I'm quite attentive to this sort of change, and I think this one in particular was very cool.

If you want to be a bit more extravagant, why not do something like this to post count too? make the monotomous "X posts" appear in a different color.

It could be like:

1~50:same as-is right now

51~200 pink

201~500 yellow

501~1000 green

1001+ blue

just a random idea, though.