Analogue: A Hate Story and Hate Plus

Xasther

Hate Plus came out on Steam yesterday and I picked it up immediately, since I loved Analogue: A Hate Story. Heroine wise, I preferred *Mute over *Hyun-ae, so when I heard Analogue was getting a sequel that focuses *Mute's backstory, I was already sold. Played the first in-game day and I like the changes they made to the system.

Am now waiting till tomorrow so I can go on. Not gonna change my PC time to be able to go to the second day, since I'm sure that system is there for a reason. Immersion or something^^

As I already said, I loved the first game! :wub: The writing is excellent, the pacing perfect and the subject matter is interesting and most importantly, it's serious. Sure, *Mute and *Hyun-ae both have their funny moments, but the game has some really good twists and turns and some really dark moments, on which I am going to hold my tongue, if you know what I mean!^^

What is your opinion on Analogue and Hate Plus?

My opinion on Analogue is all here, but the tl;dr version is that I liked it quite a bit and therefore decided to pick up Hate Plus on day 1.

I'm still not far into it but I chose *Mute for my first run, seeing how this is her game. I still have my saves from Analogue which I transferred over, just to be able to do the Harem route as well.

Edit: Not a big fan of the forced 12-hour wait. I don't see it serving any special purpose.

Btw, you don't need to change your clock to skip ahead. Just hover your mouse over the save file and press S. The author then promptly calls you a jerk for doing so. I don't really like that. Let me decide how I play my games, kthx.

I'm resisting the urge to try Analogue. I downloaded 'Don't take it personally' a while ago, and yes the game is good, but it wasn't my type of story and the themes had no impact on me.

If you want, you can always download the Demo for Analogue on Steam and see if the story is to your liking. But be warned: The Demo stops at a cliffhanger.

Am now waiting till tomorrow so I can go on. Not gonna change my PC time to be able to go to the second day, since I'm sure that system is there for a reason. Immersion or something^^.

Yeah, screw what I said here. Waiting for 12 hours in between in-game days is just annoying. I'm "jerkfacing" now as well.

Well I just beat all three routes (by skipping like a jerkface), and I thought it was good, but not quite as good as Analogue. Still very much worth the 10 bucks, though.

On the third day of *Mute's Route,

did you end up with *Mute or New *Mute? I have been trying a few things, because it seems you can prevent *Mute from erasing her memories, but to no avail. Might be that the ending with *Mute instead of New *Mute is like the Harem Ending in Analogue, where you need to use some sort of trick or something. Not sure about that though.

Yeah, screw what I said here. Waiting for 12 hours in between in-game days is just annoying. I'm "jerkfacing" now as well.

On the third day of *Mute's Route,

did you end up with *Mute or New *Mute? I have been trying a few things, because it seems you can prevent *Mute from erasing her memories, but to no avail. Might be that the ending with *Mute instead of New *Mute is like the Harem Ending in Analogue, where you need to use some sort of trick or something. Not sure about that though.

I got New Mute. There's some heavy discussion going on about this over at the Steam forums. I know there's an achievement for finishing the game with normal Mute, but since the achievement's title is a reference to the "revive Aerith" myth of FF7, chances are Love's just trolling us.

I hope not, though. I'd love there to be an ending where you can keep Mute, I was really bummed out about her suicide.

I got New Mute. There's some heavy discussion going on about this over at the Steam forums. I know there's an achievement for finishing the game with normal Mute, but since the achievement's title is a reference to the "revive Aerith" myth of FF7, chances are Love's just trolling us.

I hope not, though. I'd love there to be an ending where you can keep Mute, I was really bummed out about her suicide.

With the descriptions for the achievements "The Death of Old *Mute", "Don't create a TIME PARADOX!" and "Cooking by the Book", as well as the whole "jerkface" thing, I would not be surprised in the least. Gonna follow the steam forums.