Name Discussions

Snowtsuku

So basically we discuss our names here. I actually have few questions to ask.

What other names you use?

So that I may able to find you in other boards or games

Where did you get your names?

Just curious tongue.gif

How are they pronounced?

There are some names that I don't know whether I say them correctly, like zhurai's and Sieg's

And what's your nickname IRL?

For the luls tongue.gif

other names:

- zhurai-tsuki, zhuraitsuki (depending on the limitations of the username engine, specifically in certain IRC servers)

- the -tsuki/tsuki part is usually cut off because one server had less characters (which would have made my username "zhurai-tsu" or something), so I dropped the -tsuki eventually, but some of my accounts still use it

- I had some other usernames but I don't use it anymore, and most of which were basically variable, and stupid to use anyways

how I got my username?

- at the time I made it, I liked to mix together stuff from Chinese and Japanese (mainly Japanese)

... how about I just link what I used huh. probably obvious how I mixed them together.

Zhu Rong

Raiden

Tsuki

*shrug*

I also did this way whenever I tried to name anything for some reason...

How it's pronounced?

... well since I'm using the Chinese pronunciation (or zhu in this case is from Chinese) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_Mandarin for tʂu

or I guess you can use the Japanese pronunciation equivalent which would actually pronounce it as shu or something (しゅ) o..o

Not that I honestly care how it's pronounced atm as long as I know the person is referring to me specifically, so whatever goes with me ~_~

None. I just go by my real name.

nickname in warcraft: Alex.

Alex is short for my rogue's name, which i played for just over 4 years and the name kinda stuck with me after that.

nickname in guild wars 2: Alex.

Everyone who knows me in guild wars knows me from warcraft, and the name followed me.

Forum name: Eldin.

Eldin Sunstrider is a randomly generated blood mage in warcraft 3. if he were ever to be added to the warcraft lore, as many other random gen units in the wc series have been, he would be the last surviving sunstrider and heir to the throne of quel'thelas. i like blood elves. they're neat.

nickname irl: don't have one.

nickname online to everything: solidbatman (or solidbatman1 in a few cases)

other nicknames (usually from other members): bat, batman, solid, idiot, egotistical jerk

I got the name solidbatman when I was in 9th grade trying to sign up for the Gamespot forums. I used to troll a roleplaying forum chat room by using a the name Batman and using a Batman avatar. I thought I would carry that over to the Gamespot forums, but some imposter already claimed the name. So I tried to use my second favorite character and found that some other imposter already took Solid Snake. So I just decided "Screw it, I'll use em both!" Thus, solidbatman was born.

other names:

- zhurai-tsuki, zhuraitsuki (depending on the limitations of the username engine, specifically in certain IRC servers)

- the -tsuki/tsuki part is usually cut off because one server had less characters (which would have made my username "zhurai-tsu" or something), so I dropped the -tsuki eventually, but some of my accounts still use it

- I had some other usernames but I don't use it anymore, and most of which were basically variable, and stupid to use anyways

how I got my username?

- at the time I made it, I liked to mix together stuff from Chinese and Japanese (mainly Japanese)

... how about I just link what I used huh. probably obvious how I mixed them together.

Zhu Rong

Raiden

Tsuki

*shrug*

I also did this way whenever I tried to name anything for some reason...

How it's pronounced?

... well since I'm using the Chinese pronunciation (or zhu in this case is from Chinese) http://en.wikipedia....PA_for_Mandarin for tʂu

or I guess you can use the Japanese pronunciation equivalent which would actually pronounce it as shu or something (しゅ) o..o

Not that I honestly care how it's pronounced atm as long as I know the person is referring to me specifically, so whatever goes with me ~_~

None. I just go by my real name.

That reference o.O

nickname in warcraft: Alex.

Alex is short for my rogue's name, which i played for just over 4 years and the name kinda stuck with me after that.

nickname in guild wars 2: Alex.

Everyone who knows me in guild wars knows me from warcraft, and the name followed me.

Forum name: Eldin.

Eldin Sunstrider is a randomly generated blood mage in warcraft 3. if he were ever to be added to the warcraft lore, as many other random gen units in the wc series have been, he would be the last surviving sunstrider and heir to the throne of quel'thelas. i like blood elves. they're neat.

nickname irl: don't have one.

I play wc3 dota and that's the only thing I play. -.- Which is why I know nothing about wc3 lore. LOL

But I was able to play Rexxar's campaign :D

Sadly since I took this nickname, Eons have passed, the original lore behind it is now lost to the mists of time.

I am disappoint.

nickname online to everything: solidbatman (or solidbatman1 in a few cases)

other nicknames (usually from other members): bat, batman, solid, idiot, egotistical jerk

I got the name solidbatman when I was in 9th grade trying to sign up for the Gamespot forums. I used to troll a roleplaying forum chat room by using a the name Batman and using a Batman avatar. I thought I would carry that over to the Gamespot forums, but some imposter already claimed the name. So I tried to use my second favorite character and found that some other imposter already took Solid Snake. So I just decided "Screw it, I'll use em both!" Thus, solidbatman was born.

I thought solidbatman came up because you're a solid batman fan. Did not expect it to come from Snake.

What other names do you use?

Hmmm, none that I can remember off the top of my head. Other users call me Dae sometimes.

Where did you get your name?

It's the combination of some letters from my first name and then a whole bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Tbh I really don't know how I came up with it lol.

How are they pronounced?

Dah-eh-yah-mah-tee. Alternatively pronounced Day-yah-mah-tee.

What's your nickname IRL?

Err what my friends call me is pretty embarrassing (and would give away my real name) so I won't put it here /)_(\ I've been told by my parents that my Vietnamese name is Tram but they usually just refer to me as "Na," which is a super short version of my first name lol.

Hmmm, none that I can remember off the top of my head. Other users call me Dae sometimes.

It's the combination of some letters from my first name and then a whole bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Tbh I really don't know how I came up with it lol.

How are they pronounced?

Err what my friends call me is pretty embarrassing (and would give away my real name) so I won't put it here /)_(\ I've been told by my parents that my Vietnamese name is Tram but they usually just refer to me as "Na," which is a super short version of my first name lol.

I usually pronounce your name with the alternative one. tongue.gif

And I think I should call you Daena tongue.gif

How are they pronounced?

Just using the bold clues tongue.gif

+1 for you, Snowpoke. The mystery has not been cracked yet though! But on the chance you do figure it out, shhhhhh :x

And for that your Ojou-sama level increases by 3 tongue.gif

Though typing Diana seems to be more natural.

I try to never pronounce people's usernames anyways though. personally.

(or at least most people's...)

So your brain just skip the names o.O

Like when reading "SnowPoke. is awesome." or "Daena-sama"

And for that your Ojou-sama level increases by 3 tongue.gif

Though typing Diana seems to be more natural.

o_O what level is she at now lulululul

So your brain just skip the names o.O

Like when reading "SnowPoke. is awesome." or "Daena-sama"

Oh, I think your username is ok to pronounce, just cutting out the dot

\|  ̄ヘ ̄|/_______θ☆(*.*)/

... :P

and no... if I completely skipped the names, I would have lots of blanks and wouldn't know who is being referred to -.-

more like I just recognize the text most of the time anyways.

So I'm an ojou-sama now?!

Actually I like the sound of that lmfao.

ダエナ/ダエおじょうさまああああああ?

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

... that's the only korean I know

(I can read some of the other letters but oh well)

(why did I just put korean? idk because I stupidly enabled korean text when I can only read the letters and can't understand anything else...and it comes after the japanese input so I said why not)

(\o/)

guess when I'm bored I get really random or something.

So I'm an ojou-sama now?!

Actually I like the sound of that lmfao.

Yep yep, a level 13 ojou-sama. :P

ダエナ/ダエおじょうさまああああああ?

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

... that's the only korean I know

(I can read some of the other letters but oh well)

(why did I just put korean? idk because I stupidly enabled korean text when I can only read the letters and can't understand anything else...and it comes after the japanese input so I said why not)

(\o/)

guess when I'm bored I get really random or something.

The secret of zhurai's 6K lines in IRC

Yep yep, a level 13 ojou-sama. :P/>

o shit, level 13...

but it's still lower than 9001 :/

The secret of zhurai's 6K lines in IRC

and multitasking.

I can probably do these 2 topics + 2-3 more and skype/fb convos if I felt like (or people talked to me t___t)

o shit, level 13...

but it's still lower than 9001 :/

Daena-sama's smiling pic would increase the level by 9K.

Sadly, she even hides her name because of her high social status.

and multitasking.

I can probably do these 2 topics + 2-3 more and skype/fb convos if I felt like (or people talked to me t___t)

I dunno why but this one made me feel that you're alone.

Steve Rowland is almost like my official second name, I've been using it since I was like 10.

The advantage is that it sounds like a real name so I use it for internet registration, game accounts. Only on Paypal and battle.net I have my real name (I treasured my wow account too much so I wanted to be able to prove my identity with ID if someone hacked it xD - never happened though).

And even friends I know IRL call me Steve. Only family calls me by my real name.

As for games, in games I want to be authentic I use Steve or SteveRowland as nickname so I am on teamspeak called Steve as I hear to that.

As for characters, when the game offers like account name and character name, I use various nicknames. Like in pso2 my account name is steve but my characters are Kobato and 弓子 (yumiko), in Tera I was Kobato and now Shizuru. And before I was into making loli characters (so before I started with anime and JP overall) I was using good sounding names.

In wow an sc2 my char name is Ambro, because Amber is a nice color xD (and it was shaman so it fitted well too)

(its the color of Mare's eyes after all

ss5vw8pb.jpgsmile.gif )

Other names were Desmond as I liked how it sounds so that was my mage on free wow servers.

And before that, when I was really young, I was using name Nigdo (which is informal way to say nobody in my language) so when I killed someone in gaming house in cs or ut or quake, people would say "Damn, nobody killed me!" smile.gif I though it was really cool when I was 10 xD

For mmo chars there is also tons of other names, Desmi for female was good and other names I don't even remember, some of them had Czech meaning. I think I had Aadri or something like that too somewhere.

Daena-sama's smiling pic would increase the level by 9K.

Sadly, she even hides her name because of her high social status.

lol

I dunno why but this one made me feel that you're alone.

I use the computer almost all the day oO

most of my friends in real life don't really care what I talk about, so generally nobody talks to me on fb t...t or out of the house

so lul (I was mainly referring to people I know in real life)

(actually I talk to secchan a lot on skype+sc2, and etc, and several people in the SC2 community as... assistant manager and all)

(so in a way it's an understatement, but.. oh wellz)

I can do the multitasking either way if I felt like.

I blame SC2.

*name history*

I thought you got your name from Blue's Clues

lol

I use the computer almost all the day oO

most of my friends in real life don't really care what I talk about, so generally nobody talks to me on fb t...t or out of the house

so lul (I was mainly referring to people I know in real life)

(actually I talk to secchan a lot on skype+sc2, and etc, and several people in the SC2 community as... assistant manager and all)

(so in a way it's an understatement, but.. oh wellz)

I can do the multitasking either way if I felt like.

I blame SC2.

While we actually have a group for my friends IRL, so we actually use a multichat/groupchat and everybody was like talking about different kinds of things.

I just wonder how you became friends with people you don't share that much common interest.

I thought you got your name from Blue's Clues

this made me laugh so much harder than it should have...

I just wonder how you became friends with people you don't share that much common interest.

in my case it's a desire to communicate and a lack of options.

awe. I made myself sad.