Frontwing's New Game - Hatsuru Koto Naki Mirai Yori

OriginalRen

pGLwR4s.jpg

This was an interesting find. Now I know that Frontwing has made other titles aside from Grisaia, but none of them seem to be very well known or popular. This game however seems like it might be the next big thing for the company. I can't say for sure, but based on the fact that Akiba has been advertising this game since May and the fact that it has a release in November (7 months; even more than Angel Beats! when it was advertised), it seems like it has potential.

Clephas? I am going to turn to you for this one. Any ideas on what it's supposed to be like? For that matter, anyone else have any thoughts on the game? What I find the most interesting is that this game is going to be initially released as an all aged game, with plans to patch it to an 18+ version later on. While Key did this with a few of their games, I have never seen a company like Frontwing do this. In my opinion, this has a lot of potential for the VN market in Japan, but I can't really say what this move will do for them. Because it's going to be an all aged title, I can't see it being a total moege, but who knows. I mean looking at this image, I do see carbon copies of Amane, Sachi, Michiru, and Yumiko, but who knows.

Oh, this is also their 15th anniversary title and major project for the year.

Thoughts?

Well I have to say it's like Frontwing just made next game for Sekai: All Ages + 18+ versions (Welcome Steam?)

The protagonist looks kinda... awkward? (He's surronded by 20 cute girls... Will it be some action-harem thing?)

38645.jpg

Other characters(main heroines) looks okay, nothing superb, nothing awful.

Well, maybe not including her(don't know who designed her, but I already know that I won't touch her route, never)

38525.jpg

Overall, looking at characters+description from vndb+theme I would give it 7/10... Don't think it's gonna be hit, but should fit the name: average visual novel.

Who knows, maybe it'll be next Grisaia?  :D

There's a dragon so it'll probably be better than Grisaia.

Otherwise the whole making an all-ages version first is interesting, it's a move towards expanding their marketing to a wider audience, from the onset. It should be interesting to see if anything comes out of this.

Oh, and a brilliant demonstration of why machine translation is a bad thing through the synopsis on vndb:

Pacific war at the time, the non-commissioned officer ''Mimori Ichirou''
At that moment we have dared suicide to the enemy ship, it would have crashed skipped to a desert.

Then, when you have been dying to wandering through the desert, the help was needed to the princess to change the appearance from a dragon.

But now, you are here... and don't even know how to go home.
But the original promise was signed, no matter waiting for death to it's destination, it must.. even if you go back to Japan.
Ichiro was to the determination...

The protag is Yuuji badass ver. 3.0, top left lady is Amane 2.0, top right girl is Mitcher, that queen lady is Yumiko, and bottom left female is Satcher.

So they're missing Makina, 6.5/10.

Well, you matched the carbon cutouts exactly as I stated.

We don't have any "normal human" heroine btw. Superhuman, mermaid, zombie, dragon, inu, neko...

Basically, necrophilia and beastality. <_<

Isn't that the best part?

Well the setting sure looks more interesting than Grisaia, so it's got that going for it.

I've never gotten into a Frontwing game, especially not as they went into nothing but one series. I'll likely check this out though. Looking over the site, everything seems really generic and stereotyped, lot of stuff made pretty pointless. "雌は外見では人間と変わりない" so why even have a Dog race to begin with? Pointless. Again making a big world with a bunch of races, but there's going to be no war at all, it's going to be some stupid "fake" drama between them, but then there'll be some common enemy to forcibly unite them all. Calling that shit right now. I don't like them making multiple races and a big world, but then not using the world at all, and it ends up being like Dog Days or something, they just have to make everyone get along because it's unthinkable to have a heroine have a bad time.

Not a fan of the art of Yukikaze at least either.

Did you say all-ages? Count me in. That's a complete evolution coming from a company like Frontwing, I hope other companies follow this example too...

While for me all-ages or 18+ is a non-issue, I wouldn't really agree on calling it an evolution just because a company releases stuff in all-ages rather than the normal 18+. That would be implying that 18+ content is inherently bad, which it isn't.

While for me all-ages or 18+ is a non-issue, I wouldn't really agree on calling it an evolution just because a company releases stuff in all-ages rather than the normal 18+. That would be implying that 18+ content is inherently bad, which it isn't.

Of course it's bad. The market is much more limited because of the 18+.

It's only a promotional material, but we've already got more blatant fanservice than the first half-hour of Grisaia.  Feels like they're upping the sex appeal everywhere else to make up for the fact that it's all-ages - it's a blatant 'marketing' move that more or less says they might not be fully sure what to do.  I'm having a hard time wording this, sadly, but it doesn't quite sit well with my instinct.  I doubt it'll be as strong as Grisaia was.

Meh, I'm not talking about success this and that here. I just wanted to say that this is not their first all-age ever, so it's not much of a "evolution" or something.

And it's not even a "real" all-age to begin with...

The fact that it's all age in itself doesn't matter.

What matters is that a full-length commercial VN is being sold primarily as all-ages. It means that they're trying to reach a wider/different audience than the usual one, whether a western or a japanese one. This could be one of the first of its kind on Steam in japanese.

In a market as stale as the eroge market, that's actually a display of ambition.