Symphonic Rain Fanart

Totouri

Thank you! I'll refrain from flooding the forums and will try to post stuff related to VNs.

...That kinda hurt.

Anyway, there are other sections in the forums to talk about other stuff.

So if you want to talk about non-VN related stuff, you can always go to the other sections to do that.

...That kinda hurt.

Uuuuh I didn't mean anything harmful and I if unintentionally hit a sour note, I apologize.

I meant that it would be pretty bad to constantly post in the creative forums and all the page is filled mostly with my stuff.

Uuuuh I didn't mean anything harmful and I if unintentionally hit a sour note, I apologize.

I meant that it would be pretty bad to constantly post in the creative forums and all the page is filled mostly with my stuff.

It was a joke. Don't worry about it.

Anyway, if you're worried about that, you can make a thread solely for your artworks, where you can compile each one in the OP. Then you can update that very thread with new artworks you make. It's something like a centralized thread for all your works. It would make browsing your works easier, and it'll prevent you from spamming new topics every time you make a new artwork.

Just my suggestion.

The legs seem a bit too short and feet are too small (aren't those boots too tiny for her feet? It propably hurts) compared to rest of the body and I could argue on overall composition, otherwise it's a really nice piece of artwork. Try looking up some similiar works on pixiv or DA to gain more ideas on how to creatively enchance art by using foreshortening and refrain from drawing overly empty shots, unless it's completely necessary to achieve a particular effect.

For example, I'd rather try with a close-up from a profile of her face and use the window as a background, or take a different shot from an angle (more from a corner of the cafe). Sorry if this doesn't help you much, but I might have gotten too used to a more cinematic experience and I've seen way too much visual novel art, it kind of infects my drawing habits.

Aside from that, this really reminds me of True Rememberance, with the only exception of your art being a lot better :sachi:

@IceD

Yeah I was having difficulty with the leg area, the boots were originally half the size as well so it was even more disastrous before.

As for the composition, I was actually thinking of doing that earlier along the lines of this maybe?:

8951e134c3622fd1abfca29126950e3b.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

Torta is my fave from SR, and I love SR, so I'm really happy 'bout the good fanart. Thankfully IceD had some actual decent criticism lol. I do think the initial composition was fine, and if you want to go dutch angle you should probably do it widescreen (the reason it became so prevalent in the first place.) Hell we've seen so many dutch angles in VN CGs maybe something more manga style is nice once in a while lol.

...and obviously Fal if you're picking heroines~

@Zakamutt

Yeah, I think I was tunnel visioning on the window in the background and my composition just shaped around it.

I also wasn't aware of the naming for the particular angle so thanks for that info.

As for Fal, I might do it after I finish the stuff I planned to draw.  Although 

I'm not sure if I should draw her persona or real side lol.