Fuwanovel Fight Club

Mugi

Welcome To

Fuwanovel's Fighting Game Club!

fighting-game-montage.jpg

The purpose of this thread is to hang out and discuss everything FG (fighting game) related. 

Post your favorite game, main characters, favorite players, help new players out, etc. 

We also plan to do small tournies for all skill levels and all different types of FGs. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Players (If you want your ID added and we have failed to do so PM Mugi)

Spoiler

WinkBlinkel - PSN: DaCakeIsASpy

LiquidShu - Steam: えきじょうの集  | PSN: Liquidsu

Mugi - Steam: Dyrstan 

FruitsPunchSamurai - PSN: FruitsSamuraiX

Kendjin - Steam: Kendjin

Zenophilious - Steam: Zenophilious

Joshua1207 - Steam: Joshua12071207 | PSN: Joshua12071207

TexasDice - Steam: Dragor17 

SakashimA - Steam: YukiOShimA

niku - Steam: SadWeebLoser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Popular FGs and links to get them.

Spoiler

SFV Available on PS4 | PC

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Available On PS3 | PS4 | PC

Mortal Kombat X Available On PS4 | XBONE | PC

Killer Instinct Available On XBONE

Super Smash Brothers 4 Available on Wii U | 3DS

Ultimate Marvel vs Campcom 3 Available on PS3 | PS Vita X360

Super Smash Brothers Melee Available on Gamecube

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Available on PS3 | X360

Skull Girls Available on Too much shit

If there is a game that you believe deserves to be put here let us know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Popular FGC (Fighting Game Community) Websites/Links

Spoiler

Shoryuken (SRK) - Popular FGC site that has forums and guides to about everything.

EventHubs - Popular site that has tiers, stats, tracking, forums, and more! 

YouTube - Literally has almost everything. Guides, match ups, tournaments, you name it.

Footsies - Now I realize that we won't be posting guides up here as there are just to many. However I believe for anyone getting into fight games this is extremely important! 

If any website you frequent is not listed let us know! 

Upcoming Tournaments

Spoiler

If there are any new players or old ones that want to get better, then in the "Popular FGC Websites/Link" area are links to various websites. In many of the listed websites you can find guides and tips to certain games/characters. We will not be listing guides as there are so many of them. If you can not find one that you are looking for then post and maybe someone can help! 

All of fuwanovels rules apply to this thread so please keep them in mind and post respectfully.

The above post will be updated periodically to reflect current changes.

This seems pretty cool! Will there be a schedule for when we host lobbies for certain games, or will this be a sort of, "Whoever is online, fight me right now" sort of deal?

I usually stick to P4AU and Xrd since I compete in both, but I also play UNIEL/AH3/DFC for fun. I'd love to host lobbies for Persona if people are up for it.

PSN: DaCakeIsASpy

This seems pretty cool! Will there be a schedule for when we host lobbies for certain games, or will this be a sort of, "Whoever is online, fight me right now" sort of deal?

I usually stick to P4AU and Xrd since I compete in both, but I also play UNIEL/AH3/DFC for fun. I'd love to host lobbies for Persona if people are up for it.

We'll add your PSN to the list! I think it will be a little bit of both, first we need to see who has what, and what consoles they have it for. But I don't see why we wouldn't host a few tournaments or something, we'd need maybe 4-5 people in order to do so, though. We'll figure something out :amane:

Also, for anyone who may be interested, there was a documentary released today about Mike Ross, here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcFnKW4Hws

I'm about to watch it myself, you can rent it for 99 cents in US currency, or your regional equivalent.

We'll add your PSN to the list! I think it will be a little bit of both, first we need to see who has what, and what consoles they have it for. But I don't see why we wouldn't host a few tournaments or something, we'd need maybe 4-5 people in order to do so, though. We'll figure something out :amane:

Speaking of which this brings up a point I wanted to address. With fighting games on various consoles I believe we should find the middle ground for what platforms we host tournaments on. Say we have 10 people who play Skull Girls. These ten people all own it on the various platforms it comes on. How the hell are we supposed to host a tournament for that? It would be beneficial to find a platform to play certain FGs primarily on. I know this may restrict who is allowed in the tournament but it would make things much less complicated when we get there. 

For now though since I doubt there will be any tournaments anytime soon just put up what platform you play on, games you play, and you will be (hopefully) added to the list. 

Oh and v.1 of the thread post is finished. Just waiting for Mugi to get online then it should be up. Let me know if there are things you guys/gals want changed and I will get to it.

Edit: The original post is live. The font seems a bit darker than it should on FuwaDark theme. Anyone else have that issue? 

Edit 2: A decent amount of people posted on the previous thread before this one was made. Unfortunately only a very select few posted their IGN (in game name). If you previously posted on the thread before this one and would like to participate either post your information here or PM Mugi. 

Speaking of which this brings up a point I wanted to address. With fighting games on various consoles I believe we should find the middle ground for what platforms we host tournaments on. Say we have 10 people who play Skull Girls. These ten people all own it on the various platforms it comes on. How the hell are we supposed to host a tournament for that? It would be beneficial to find a platform to play certain FGs primarily on. I know this may restrict who is allowed in the tournament but it would make things much less complicated when we get there. 

For now though since I doubt there will be any tournaments anytime soon just put up what platform you play on, games you play, and you will be (hopefully) added to the list. 

Oh and v.1 of the thread post is finished. Just waiting for Mugi to get online then it should be up. Let me know if there are things you guys/gals want changed and I will get to it.

I'm thinking we should primarily host them on both PC and one of the other major consoles, Xbox and PS3, depending on who has what, although it seems most of us have a PC and a PS3. Though I think we should have tourneys for the minority console occasionally so those people aren't left out. We can host Smash 4 tourneys too if anyone here has it (I don't, yet), or we might even be able to host Melee tourneys if we can get Dolphins online functions to work and it's not that laggy.  

Edit: It looks fine to me, it's a bit of a darker grey, but I can read it. If you, or anyone else would like, I can change the color to white or a lighter shade of grey. On another note, I had not idea you could change themes, this looks so much better :michiru:

I only have Uniel in PS3. I used to play a lot of Melty blood back in the Act Cadenza days, but not anymore. There's also SWR and other touhou fighters. And the legendary EFZ (with KEY characters).

If you would like your PSN added to play with other UNIEL players on fuwanovel post it here or PM Mugi  :D

I like touhou fighters they are pretty fun. I really don't play anime fighters but its fun to fly around in touhou. 

PSN: FruitsSamuraiX 

I'm mostly focusing on USF4 right now as i just started playing again after a pretty long break. I also have UNIEL and a few other fgs to play for fun. 

Added to the list. I have no idea what UNIEL is, so it must have escaped my radar. But i'll have to pick it up once I get a PS3 again.

Added to the list. I have no idea what UNIEL is, so it must have escaped my radar. But i'll have to pick it up once I get a PS3 again.

It is an anime style fighting game. I hear it's pretty good but not many people play it to my knowledge. I do believe James Chen had recommended it once. 

Also since it appears multiple people own UNIEL I will put it in the "Popular FG with link" area of the topic post. 

It is an anime style fighting game. I hear it's pretty good but not many people play it to my knowledge. I do believe James Chen had recommended it once. 

Also since it appears multiple people own UNIEL I will put it in the "Popular FG with link" area of the topic post. 

Hmm, sounds interesting. But then again, if I try to juggle any more fighting games i'm gonna get rekt. I'm questioning trying to continue to get good at USF4, since linking is like impossible for me to get down, let alone learning all all of the frames where each attack ends for every character.

Hmm, sounds interesting. But then again, if I try to juggle any more fighting games i'm gonna get rekt. I'm questioning trying to continue to get good at USF4, since linking is like impossible for me to get down, let alone learning all all of the frames where each attack ends for every character.

There are extensive guides to frames, even more so for specific characters, if you are having troubles. Don't forget that some people have been playing 20+ years. It takes time! Also now is the time to get a hang of USF4 the best you can since SF5 comes out within the next year or so. 

Anyone want some USF4 PS4 glitches?  :scottsune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkm84zBl4ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3_uTlgodXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RIWOyEUY0

Looked up link tutorials, got this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPmdB2_ATo

It's...beautiful.

The power of PC USF4  :kosame:

A basic guide to what frames and their data are: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/106615/basic-frame-data-guide-for-newbies

If you want a spreadsheet on every frame all the characters have to offer it might be hard to find. If you want a specific characters it is easier. 

I haven't watched the full video (to busy doing work) but this may help you. If it doesn't I can go on a search for something else! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=526&v=PfP3oj_8oXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=85&v=ZA-bOjOFNsQ

Remember the training mode is there for you to grind hours on end! 

UNIEL is a pretty fun game, definitely feels distinct from other anime fighters. Buff Nanase pls.

I only play anime fighting games because I hate linking. Gatlings and air dashing for life.

UNIEL is a pretty fun game, definitely feels distinct from other anime fighters. Buff Nanase pls.

I only play anime fighting games because I hate linking. Air dashing for life.

I tend to dislike aerial and I tend to dislike the combo system in anime FG (mostly cuz I suck). Seems like everyone has their likes even when it comes to FG ^_^ 

Did you people see the ps4 version of USF4 is out, and buggy as hell, thanks Capcom.

I didn't even think they were putting it on the current gen consoles. As far as the buggyness goes, you can't really expect games to work right on release anymore, unfortunately.

Posted some of the known glitches above. I thought the Dudley one was pretty funny  :wahaha:

The game looks really good so at least there is that. 

Oh I didn't even see that those were for the PS4, damnit Capcom.. :amane: