Ambient Music

Getsuya

Hey. I really like Ambient Music. Sometimes normal Ambient, sometimes Dark Ambient.

I use it to sleep on long trips and for times when I really want to relax and contemplate things. It's good for long walks when I don't want normal music blasting in my ears and altering my thoughts.

Unfortunately about all I know about either genre comes from Youtube playlists/remixes of it so I'm curious if people here know any good groups/creators that I can go to for consistent good stuff.

One thing though is that I don't want/like anything with vocals/voice samples. They tend to break my concentration and also interrupt when I'm trying to fall asleep. Only instruments/silence/drones etc.

The best guy on Youtube for remixes and stuff is SpaceMind

Who has a metric ton of these things with a lot of great selections.

Please provide lots of links to bands/groups/remixes/playlists of good ambient/dark ambient music.

MrSuicideSheep has two ambient mixes called 'Dawn', he has several other mixes of that kind too.

MrSuicideSheep

Otherwisee, typing 'Ambient mix' in youtube is the best you can do.

Most Mixes are unique and most are really good, at least on the front page.

I'm thinking of weaving my way into making those kinds of songs. I was always fascinated into making ambient music but making them is still somewhat new to me that I'm looking for a way to start.

There's something mystical to hear within them.