Least liked protagonist?

Rabbit

Okei, so I searched all over the place for a similar post using every possible way to word it that I could think off but I found nada, so feel free to merge it if I missed one.

What protagonist, aside from Rance, Itou Makoto and a nukige protagonist, do you dislike the most? And in what VN?

And who is the worst written protagonist that you have ever read in a VN?

Edit: No one is answering this question so I'm gonna leave it for another post in the future. :)

For the first question I'd say Hongou Kazuto in Koihime Musou, possible for the second aswell, I haven't finished the VN yet so I can't say for sure,

>Rance

>Least liked

What? Rance best grill :makina:

I feel like if Rance and Itou Makoto would cover this whole post if I didn't say aside from them x)

Yuuji from Grisaia, Tomoya from Clannad, Shirou from Fate/stay Night.

Not counting various rapists and similar lowlife bastards from early JAST nukiges.

Rapists aside, I've been avoiding coming back to Grisaia solely because of Yuuji. So it'd have to be him.

That's suprising considering how many people placed Yuuji as their favorite protagonist. And yeh Ill add in "Aside from nukige aswell" :)

I've never seen that many people hate Rance to be honest.

Certainly Rance has very twisted views on the world and his goal is to, well, have sex with literally everybody, but at the same time his way of acting on his morals and convictions are something that really bring out his character to life and even if you don't agree with his views, it's hard to deny that at the very least he's charimastic.

I'll agree that Makoto is really a shitty protagonist though.

I've never seen that many people hate Rance to be honest.

Certainly Rance has very twisted views on the world and his goal is to, well, have sex with literally everybody, but at the same time his way of acting on his morals and convictions are something that really bring out his character to life and even if you don't agree with his views, it's hard to deny that at the very least he's charimastic.

Most of the VN protagonist are so bland that you can't really hate them, or least I haven't yet to see entirely unlikable protagonist. 

My choice would probable be Emiya Shirou from Fate/stay night. I couldn't stand the way he pursued his ideals, but mostly how he is almost blind to the reality of the events happening around him.

Still I appreciate him in the context of the story, so I kind of like him even though I don't, if that even makes any sense.

I can like and appreciate characters even if they might represent stuff I don't personally approve, kinda like how Rance is great in it's own way.

Yuuji shouldn't even be on this list. Just because he has the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't make him a bad protag.

Also one might need to clear the grisaia trilogy to judge him. For example, Shirou stinks generally, but he sucks less during

UBW and HF. In FATE he's just unbearable.

I haven't read Rance so I can't comment but my vote goes

to Gory School Days' Makoto. He's a perfect scumbag.

Yuuji shouldn't even be on this list. Just because he has the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't make him a bad protag.

Also one might need to clear the grisaia trilogy to judge him. 

Different people like different people(Protagonists) the first question is more about opinion than anything else, the second may have more of a "fact" answer though.

No hate for Akihito from me, just minor annoyance at times.

Actually have fun with Rance casually joke-raping people and treating Sill like garbage.

You know what's my most hated protag?

The hetare protag. 

He comes with many names, and ruins many games. Sometimes you get a glimpse of his face, but it's useless- he's a master of changing appearance, and often he doesn't even have facial features. He also seems to like having tsunderes to push him around, making any game where this guy appears a mass of incredible frustration that I cannot read.