Jump to content
  • entries
    682
  • comments
    1,698
  • views
    339,073

February 2019 Releases

Sign in to follow this  
Clephas

424 views

Wow, there are a lot of VNs being released for February this year that aren't nukige... this happens occasionally, but usually it is four or five games.  A few major names got concentrated into this month, as well as a bunch of games by new companies or new subsidiaries.  To be honest, from my point of view, despite the fact that this is my birth month, there isn't much to look forward to.  There is a  new VN in the Shuffle universe here, but with Agobarrier, the universe's father, deceased, I can't say that I have a lot of interest in its continuance...

https://vndb.org/v24748

Spiral is the aforementioned new game in the Shuffle universe, focused on a young spy from the god race who is ordered by his boss to attend a human school the princess is thinking of going to as a spy (and a trap).  Given that this is the Shuffle universe, it is probably going to be standard rom-com fare, with some fantasy antics and drama.

https://vndb.org/v23205

To be honest, since this is made by a subsidiary of More, which is famous for its impressively mundane SOL romance games... I can't say it looks interesting.  Based on the summary, maybe some potential NTR/love triangle action...?

https://vndb.org/v24717

The fandisc for Kin'iro Loveriche.  Definitely going to play this, if only for the extra path for the snooty ojousama (who should have had a route anyway, since hse had more of a connection to the protagonist's group than Akane). 

https://vndb.org/v24564

This is made by the makers of Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana, which is one of the few kamige made in the last four years.  As such, I'm going to play it... well, with a cat ear heroine, I'd play it anyway, lol.

https://vndb.org/v23742

Evenicle II... to be honest, do you really think I'd play this?  I barely got through the original, and Alice Soft's sequels tend to be iffy, in my experience.

https://vndb.org/v23600

What looks to be an SLG sex fest from Astronauts' gameplay hybrid division.  No interesting heroines (at least to me), so I probably won't play this.

https://vndb.org/v24275

Made by the new subsidiary of a company famous for anything from standard moege to harem-ge, I might try it eventually, but probably not in the next month.

https://vndb.org/v16516

To be honest, the premise of this game gives me a headache.  Feng tends to use any excuse to produce third-rate rom-com SOL games... so it is hard for me to take them seriously. 

 

Sign in to follow this  


5 Comments


Recommended Comments

Well, I'll probably give Guildmaster a try. Usually they've either a good story (for a semi nukige) or good gameplay - just not both at the same time. Though they took more time than usual for this one, so maybe they did try a bit harder to succeed on both fronts this time.

Share this comment


Link to comment
17 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Well, I'll probably give Guildmaster a try. Usually they've either a good story (for a semi nukige) or good gameplay - just not both at the same time. Though they took more time than usual for this one, so maybe they did try a bit harder to succeed on both fronts this time.

Speaking as someone who played Dungeon of Regalias and part of Verethragna, the 'story' of their gameplay games is... just not good in general.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
6 hours ago, Clephas said:

Speaking as someone who played Dungeon of Regalias and part of Verethragna, the 'story' of their gameplay games is... just not good in general.

I was refering more to their mystery titles Hyakki Ryouran no Yakata, Saint Estella no Majo and Kiriya no Roku Shimai. Though Kiriya techincally doesn't count since they were still part of Atelier Kaguya at that time and Saint Estella was a lot weaker than the others. But none of their gameplay titles had a good story. However, they don't feel as grindy as other gameplay titles and they are still decent nukiges if you like the art style.

Share this comment


Link to comment
38 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I was refering more to their mystery titles Hyakki Ryouran no Yakata, Saint Estella no Majo and Kiriya no Roku Shimai. Though Kiriya techincally doesn't count since they were still part of Atelier Kaguya at that time and Saint Estella was a lot weaker than the others. But none of their gameplay titles had a good story. However, they don't feel as grindy as other gameplay titles and they are still decent nukiges if you like the art style.

Saint Estella no Majo was pretty good...

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×