I know no one cares about the Oscars anymore (or ever) but now came the time to prove how The Shape of the Water is the best otomemu ever.
Q) What da hell is an otomemu?
A) It's a short for 乙女ムーヴィ (otomemuvi). It's like a ge, but not really. (This bullshit is copyrighted by Maggie not really)
Q) Why the FAQ is at the start of the post?
A) You wouldn't be able to handle the suspense of not knowing what a otomemu is.
Q) This is unfunny.
A) And that's not a question. The Q stand for question, smartass, ask something and leave your stupid comments in your pocket!
Okay, back in the ge. Oh, I mean the mu. So, the Oscars made me realize how much of a otomege The Shape of Water can be. Don't believe? Just follow me!
- It have a silent female MC that was just doing her mundane job when suddenly she found love in the least expected place;
- It stars a mysterious aloof guy and only route option and everybody loves the sexy and mysterious trope, right?
- We have a totally random sex scene shove in for the same reasons as a lot eroge, whatever they are. It's with side character, so you don't need to fear that any kind of NTR is coming;
- It have the token glasses guy that all otomege seems to have but this time he didn't had a route because that's what all animes do, cut routes (in this particular case, I didn't wanted a route with him anyway);
- It have a incredibly short gay subplot for the yays because BL is also for girls;
- It's a pure love story as the meaning of otome would suggest;
- If you watch it with subs, the experience will be kinda like a OELVN with non anime art emulating School Days style so it can totally be considered a ge along with being a mu.
So, with this post I hope to clean the slate of the otomemus because Twilight is such a bakamu and 50 Shades a kusomu, it's refreshing to see a kamige once in a while. Murica also proved that The Shape of the Water was the best VN of 2017 and now I can finally say that Guillermo del Toro is a better VN writer than SCA-Ji. Deal with that, weebs. Cheers!