So, as the poll doesn't seem to give me an answer any time soon, I decided to start with this one.
For those who don't know, ableist means prejudice against those with disabilities. As most people in society are able-bodied, disabled people, as a minority, have to cope with toxic words and expressions that hurt them. By saying this words in a negative way, you are basically saying that disabled people are inferior. It's the same as using 'gay' as an insult. As those expressions are by no means necessary, we all can police ourselves in order to avoid them.
Also, when I say 'ableist expressions', I'm not saying those who use them are ableist. Most people aren't even aware of the ableist connotations, so they aren't the ones to fault, society is.
Here are some of the expressions and why they are ableist:
1. Blinded by ignorance, fear, etc. (offends blind people)
2. Crazy (offends people with mental diseases)
3. Cripple (a very offensive word for people with physical disabilities)
4. Dumb (refers to deaf people, or individuals with communication disorders)
5. Idiot (intellectual disabilities)
6. Imbecile (same as 5)
7. Lame (offends people who have mobility disabilities)
8. Stupid (same as 5)
9. Moron (same as 5)
10. Nuts (same as 5)
11. Psycho (same as 5)
12. Retarded (same as 5)
13. Special needs (an euphemism that is actually offensive. It's better to use the word "disabled")
There are, of course, many other offensive expressions, unfortunately. But this list is just to give you an idea in hope to convince you be more careful with your words from now on.