Yup, we're alive.
To cut a long story short, we had a share of difficulties with our script, real life and time zones. Which of course is nothing new.
We have no excuse and we sincerely apologise for the delay. While we are currently doing our very best to get the demo out ASAP
there's no estimated ETA yet but we'll keep you guys updated, tentative release date would be early this year.
Without further ado we leave you with the first update of the year and the changelog (Indeed, we changed a boatload of things)
As you have probably noticed if you checked our main page post, well....there's plenty of changes made to both plot and setting.
From character names to location and framework, Violet Hill underwent a massive overhaul.
The changes are as follows:
--Changelog for Violet Hill v5.0--
- Names and nicknames - Character names have been updated accordingly; some have remained similar or unchanged, most have been changed entirely. (Refer to Main post for details.)
- Lore - all manner of worldbuilding will be adjusted to match the new location of the story.
- Location - Now in Oxfordshire England ~60-100k people in the large town/small city, mainly British in inspiration.
- Backstory - Sarah and Kaylee have been changed (esp. Sarah); some changes to Andrea
- Landmark names - Landmarks have been changed accordingly with the exception of the Wakamoto express which will stand true to its homage *salute*.
- School system - British system; think about A-levels
- School events - Mostly the same; adapted to fit with culture.
- Schedules and habits - Changing them to reflect the new location.
- Mindstorm- Some changes.
- Route framework- Pretty much the same.
- Mindstorm info - Unchanged save for mythology adjustments on the sci-fan end; sci-fi remains the same
- Clothing - Unchanged, uniforms will remain the same also as well as any fanservice resulting in their use.
- Flag events - In discussion. Possibly 1 or 2 flags to keep narrative consistent.
- Exploration segments - Unchanged mostly
- House combing - Still thinking about how we insert this.
- Nighttime events - Mostly moved to later development.
- Geotags - Overhauled to match the new location and lore.
- Audio logs - overhauled to match changes. Need to think about distribution.
- Art club - Changed in how it’s made and its cultural side, but quite similar.
- Club events - Changed to reflect new school system.
- Romance and lovey dovey stuff- Almost completely unchanged. May include a couple of British cultural references tho.
That's all for the moment, we'll keep you guys updated.
It might be abit late but: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!
Many thanks for your support! It means the world to us!!
Kind regards, Red Lattice Studio Team.