Kami no Rhapsody Translation Project

Sonitz

boxshot.jpg

Hello fuwaners !!! :D

I'm gonna start a new project, also my first translation project.

I got everything set up just for the translation so I'll get started right away.

Some of my friends said that Eushully games are huge projects that takes a long time to do, that's why I can't tell the exact ETA for these translation due to inexperienced and doing such a huge project.

I'll try to best using my free time to translate this project and revive all of the projects has been cancelled or halted due to DCMA or some other reasons.

Still trying to figure out where did Eushully keeping their little scripties... :unsure: No luck but we must not give up thou shall give yer gold for yer success :P

Let the translation transformation begins B)

UPDATE: Interface patch has to be translated from the start because Kami .exe are extremely text restrictive, still don't know if this affects the story patch, but let's just hope that it don't :(

Because of my condition, I got hospitalized for the last 2 months and couldn't make any progress. I am so sorry for not delivering to you guys any contents in that time. i will try to pick up the pace and deliver the teaser as planned  :unsure:

Ughhh... my job is taking too much of my free time, guys. But I am back and hopefully that will have enough time to release a patch... I hope.

Seems like interface patch has already been done by a group of translator at Nekohen... with "superb" quality. So means that we don't have to translate the interface, I hope. :D

Information

• Title: Kami no Rhapsody
  • Original title: 神のラプソディ
  • Release Date: 2015-04-24

Sample CG

20150412212158_dd397459.jpg

Staff

• Sonitz: Lead Translator
  • CryingWestern: Lead Programmer
  • LighteningOne: Translator (Currently absent)
  • GLM4475: Translator
  • XReaper: Proofreader
  • valrossenOliver: Translator

Status

Status: Translating Prologue, H-scenes, Misc scripts (02:08PM - 2015/12/29)

• Scripts: Extracted
  • Translate: Translating

Prologue: 200/421 line translated

Misc (EU-Room, Eushully & Dark Eushully): 2/? scripts translated (could be more)

H-scenes: 1/42 scripts translated

• Re-check: Not Completed
  • Finalizing: Not Completed
  • Released: Not Released

FAQ (updated 12/29/2015)

1. The post didn't update for the last 5 months (June - December). WTF just happened?

I am so sorry for not updating the post. Like I said, I got hospitalized in that time and haven't inform my group about that. I am very sorry about that. The project still carry on, though.

And my job is killing me, but finally got some free time until my training.

2. So anyone on the team working on the translation?

Well, yes. Besides Cry and XReaper, they are currently working with another translator as we speak. See the working staff above for more details.

3. When will the translation patch going to be released?

Right now? We don't know yet. The translation are going smoothly, slow but still going.

4. Will the team release a partial patch or chapter patch?

We are planning to release the prologue patch including prologue story, fully interface patch and misc. stuff. But right now we didn't intended to release each chapter patch. Sorry.

5. What will happen if Eushully found out about this project and sue our asses?

We don't intended to get easily taken down by some DCMA note.

6. The post didn't really get updated regularly.... is it dead?

No. (The word updated at 08/25/2015)

7. Can I join your translation team?

Our goal was to revive halted or abandoned translation projects, start with Kami no Rhapsody so the demand of translator are huge. If you are interested, please contact any staff on the list above.

8. Any walkthrough for this game?

As far as I can tell, no. But you could look it up at the Japanese wiki, and we'll consider to translate the walkthrough, too.

9. Is this the only project you guys translating right now?

Right now, we only concentrate our entire efforts translating Kami no Rhapsody (KNR). Most of us are translating KNR while only one of our translator currently translating stories of other title, but at an extremely slow rate. When KNR has been completed, we should able to recruit more translators and proofreaders to allocate our resources for other projects.

10. Wait! So you guys didn't currently translating only one project, right? So what other projects are you guys doing besides KNR right now?

We have a priority: First newly released, then DCMA note halt and abandoned last. Our goal is to bring not only Western but other parts of Oriental (not all of us speaks Japanese, lol) every VNs and Eroges as much as possible.

And to answer that question: Yes, we are translating another Eroge besides KNR. You guys might heard the name on VNDB called イブニクル ( Evenicle ) by AliceSoft.

11. How could I contact you guys?

Send a private message?

Or contact through [email protected]

Edited by Sonitz

Maybe because they were busy with other TL project? Maybe because they were waiting for an anime adaptation that would increase the demand? Or simply because they just read the VN 2 years after its release?

I think there's no special reason that makes translating after 2 years better than after the release... 

Ho~, a fan translation project looking to work on a new release title, and a Eushully title at that.  That's ambitious.

Mangagamer recently made a controversial statement to fan translators..

Does MangaGamer have a message to fan-translators out there?

Dear Fan Translators,

Please take the time to consider the actual effects your actions may have on the market.

Keep in mind the fact you may actually significantly damage the sales potential for a title when you release a finished patch. Most people don't play lengthy visual novels more than once, so with a full fan-patch released, they’re very unlikely to pick up an official localized version of the title. When a company is interested in or considering localization, an existing, publicly released fan-patch can not only harm the potential sales of a title, but also sour Japanese developers on ever wanting to deal with the western market.

It’s true that fan-patches for visual novels means that fans might get to play the game in English, but we're now in the age where official licenses are much more common, and quite more likely. But this also means that fan-patches have greater potential to do real, monetary harm to the developers you care about. Translating public demos is a great, easy option for promoting and sharing the game while avoiding the risks.

Keep in mind that most professional translators are fans just like you as well, because the niche nature of this market means making a living here is only bearable through the love shared for the products produced. If you can produce quality work, it's quite possible for you to work professionally and see more titles (that you care about) officially released. Honestly, the truth is that those of us working in the industry would love to have those of you with talent and skill join us on this end. If there’s a game you’re particularly fond of or passionate about, consider approaching us (or our fellow visual novel localizers) first. 

http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/118067332594

Have you considered contacting JAST or Mangagamer to see if they might be interested in working with you on this, especially considering this title is a new release?  You've just started on the project, so it's not like you have much to lose.  I feel like there's a lot of interest in titles like this, and with enough prodding an official release might be possible.  You could always work on the demo for now, and migrate the assets to the full game later on if negotiations go nowhere.

Ho~, a fan translation project looking to work on a new release title, and a Eushully title at that.  That's ambitious.

Mangagamer recently made a controversial statement to fan translators..

http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/118067332594

Have you considered contacting JAST or Mangagamer to see if they might be interested in working with you on this, especially considering this title is a new release?  You've just started on the project, so it's not like you have much to lose.  I feel like there's a lot of interest in titles like this, and with enough prodding an official release might be possible.  You could always work on the demo for now, and migrate the assets to the full game later on if negotiations go nowhere.

They won't go for a title this new, it'll cost a fortune for licensing and voices.

yeah unfortunaly i believe the same. especially the costs for voices, which are quite high & eushully games tend to have lots of voiced characters like alice soft. could be one of the reasons why hrpgs from said companies arent already worked on for the west officially.

While you have noble goals, do you think you really can work on so much stuff you don't actually like all that much, just because they're highly requested? IMO, you should stick to the stuff you want to do most. Translation is a LOT of work, you may quickly find it's not worth doing unless it's for something you have a lot of passion for.

While you have noble goals, do you think you really can work on so much stuff you don't actually like all that much, just because they're highly requested? IMO, you should stick to the stuff you want to do most. Translation is a LOT of work, you may quickly find it's not worth doing unless it's for something you have a lot of passion for.

I always a fan of Eushully's high quality products, and I also respect the community, too. To translate what they need are more nobel than doing your own things.

yeah unfortunaly i believe the same. especially the costs for voices, which are quite high & eushully games tend to have lots of voiced characters like alice soft. could be one of the reasons why hrpgs from said companies arent already worked on for the west officially.

True. They didn't have plans to localize their products to the West due to budgets, if they did localize then we don't need to translate, didn't we?  ^_^ 

Regarding about markets... you are making giving more money for a product that was suppose at the Japs, not the rest of of the world. They know that but still ignore because they can make money out of you. Consider this, how much Jap folks going to purchase compare to rest of the world and without knowledge about Japs? And it would be less money if the fans making their own patches instead of localizing it? 

Think about it, they already have planned everything. We only need to realize it.