Official Anime News and Info!

Ryoji

Greeting and Salutations fellow Anime fans!!

As this community continues to grow and more and more members join our family, the forum needs to grow with it. I have been thinking about starting an Anime News Thread for a while now and thanks to the kind suggestion of VN-Angel I figured its time to quit procrastinating and get it done!

OK here is how it will work. Our members (thats you!!) can now post any Anime News that comes from a valid news source. Sources like ANN and MAL are acceptable.

Please only post relevant news. Upcoming anime and/or important news.

DO NOT POST RUMORS OR NEWS THAT HAS NOT NOT VERIFIED!!

I wanna keep this Topic used solely for reliable Anime News.

NOTE: You must provide a link to your source.

For Example..

Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

The final episode of the Magi television anime series ended with an announcement that a sequel has been green-lit for this fall. The setting of the sequel will be Magnostadt.

Source: ANN

ACE 2013 New Anime Digest

The recently held ACE 2013 saw scores of promising anime unveiled for the first time in the form of trailers and announcements, all of which have been the subject of much attention amongst fans – and for good reason, it would seem. For trailers and more information on the anime unveiled visit Sakura Complex

Source: Sakura Complex

Sakura Complex is hardly a trustworthy news source but this story does provide exciting information and trailers for future anime. Since I believe this is exciting news an exception has been made.

ACE 2013 selected 23 most epic anime episodes for Kami kai.

"Kami kai" is a Japanese term given to divinely superior anime episodes, regardless of series. The event will show total of 24 episodes that have left a mark in anime history from various anime that were aired from the year 2000 to 2012 in two days. "Kami kai" episodes are chosen by voting from the fans, Newtype magazine editors and voice actresses Sakura Ayane and Hayami Saori, who won the privilege to choose one episode per person at a previous event.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya : Episode 12 "Live Alive"

Selected for the memorable live performance scene that influenced the treatment of music in anime thereafter.

Toradora Episode 16 "One Step Forward"

Selected for its direction, it starts out as comedy and leads the story up to the serious confrontation scene between Taiga and Sumire. The animation of the fight should also be noted.

Strike Witches 2 Episode 6 "Higher than the Sky"

This episode that reveals the friendship between Eila and Sanya was chosen by the fans to be one of the "Kami kai" episodes.

Fruits Basket Episode 1 "The Strangest Day"

The anime successfully interpreted the essence of original manga and helped to create many new fans of the series. The piano-driven opening by the now deceased Okazaki Ritsuko is another jewel attached to this series.

IDOLM@STER Episode 20 "Promise"

Selected for the dramatic writing of the story of the comeback of Kisaragi Chihaya, who lost her ability to sing after tabloids revealed her past life. The art direction and animation of the scene when Chihaya finally started singing again is a must see as well.

Angel Beats! Episode 10 "Goodbye Days"

Fans selected this episode from the hit anime. The surprise confession at the end is the climax of the episode.

Fate/Zero Episode 23 "The Ocean at the End of the World"

I can tear up just by a mention of this episode T^TFan favorite because of it's story, direction and the scale of animation.

Utano; Price Sama MajiLOVE1000% Episode 13 "MajiLOVE1000%"

The live scene at the end of this episode forever left a mark in the history of music in animation. The audience can do nothing but to hold a glow stick in their heart watching it.

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day Episode 11 "The Flower That Bloomed That Summer"

The last episode of tear-jerking masterpiece was chosen by fans to be "Kami kai". This episode will make you cry over and over.

STEINS;GATE Episode 23 "Open The Steins Gate"

In this episode, the mad scientist Okabe's otherwise comical emo words will give you goose bumps. The intentional switch to the second verse of the opening theme and the use of the original game song as a special ED were both very nice touch.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Episode 10 "I Won't Rely On Anyone Anymore"

Animation house SHAFT at its best. The episode illustrates the development of Homura emotionally, making every scenes note worthy ones.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 TURN 25 "Re;"

One of the notable original anime series in 2000s, Code Geass's last episode was selected as one of the "Kami kai" episodes. Just as how it was all through the series, it had a big surprise for the fans in this episode with an ending that led to many different interpretations.

Bakemonogatari Episode 12 "TSUBASA Cat, Part 2"

Even though the title is not exactly telling of what happens in the episode, the beautiful ending of the TV broadcast was selected by fans. The sync between Hitagi's confession and Supercell's lyrics as the song comes in makes this definitely a "Kami kai" worthy selection.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 26 "C: Public Security Section 9, Once Again – STAND ALONE COMPLEX"

The last episode of the series which takes place after the shocking dismantling of Section 9 and the Laughing Man finally surfaces was selected as "Kami kai" selection of this Kami anime.

K-ON!! Episode 24 "Graduation Ceremony!"

The last day where "Houkago Teatime" gets together as senior students and graduate, Azusa's memorable line after they perform together for the last time in this episode made all K-ON fans from the beginning cry.

NARUTO Episode 133 "A Plea from a Friend"

This feature film worthy episode of NARUTO claims works by numerous mentionable names such as a super animator, Wakabayashi Atsushi.

A Certain Scientific Railgun Episode 24 "Dear My Friends"

Selected by Newtype as one of the "Kami kai" episodes, the last episode of the Railgun anime was definitely action packed.

You're Being Summoned, Azazel-san Episode 9 " "Strawberry Warrior Appears, nyorin""

It's more like a "Satan episode" than a godly one?! A hidden gem in the short anime series.

Gintama Episode 150 "If You Can’t Beat Them, Join Them"

What makes Gintama anime stand out is the fact that the anime original episode is as aggressive as the original ones. One of the finest examples is episode 150 selected by Newtype.

The Tatami Galaxy Episode 11 "The End of the 4½ Tatami Age"

One of the biggest changes in anime history that happened in the late 2000s is the start of Fuji TV's experimental Noitamina time slot for anime. The Tatami Galaxy embodies the project's effort of matching up anime to regular audiences that wouldn't regularly watch anime.

s-CRY-ed Episode 26 "Dream"

The last episode is the climax of the life long rivalry of Kazuma and Ryuhou. On a sidenote, forever a fan favorite, Straight Cougar is one of the unofficial Top 3 Aniki of the world according to Japanese internet polls.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 8 "Later, Buddy"

A "Kami kai" selection that requires no explanation, selected by fans, this memorable episode is filled with catchy lines by writer Nakajima Kazuki and director Imaishi Hiroyuki did the storyboarding. Kamina is another one that holds the title of aforementioned Top 3 Aniki of the world, the last spot is still disputed.

Clannad After Story Episode 18 "The Ends of the Earth"

Another tear-jerker favorite of the fans.

Source : anime contents expo

Rough Translation to all episodes taken from : crunchyroll

ACE 2013 selected 23 most epic anime episodes for Kami kai.

"Kami kai" is a Japanese term given to divinely superior anime episodes, regardless of series. The event will show total of 24 episodes that have left a mark in anime history from various anime that were aired from the year 2000 to 2012 in two days. "Kami kai" episodes are chosen by voting from the fans, Newtype magazine editors and voice actresses Sakura Ayane and Hayami Saori, who won the privilege to choose one episode per person at a previous event.

Not really news Angel but an interesting read that builds on what I had already posted about above. I edited putting the post in spoiler tags to keep topic neat.

ACE 2013 New Anime Digest

The recently held ACE 2013 saw scores of promising anime unveiled for the first time in the form of trailers and announcements, all of which have been the subject of much attention amongst fans – and for good reason, it would seem. For trailers and more information on the anime unveiled visit Sakura Complex

Source: Sakura Complex

Sakura Complex is hardly a trustworthy news source but this story does provide exciting information and trailers for future anime. Since I believe this is exciting news an exception has been made.

I'd like to keep this thread for News only. Please keep that in mind going forward.

New anime from KyoAni : Kyōkai no Kanata

Kyoto Animation updated its website for Nagomu Torii's Kyōkai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) light novel series on Wednesday to reveal that an anime adaptation is in the works.

Info about light novel

----------------------------

FTwGNYD.png

Author : Nagomu Torii

Illustrator : Chise Kamoi

Publisher : Kyoto Animation

Synopsis

--------------------

The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half youmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

TV CM for LN(vol 1)

----------------------------

Source: ANN

I sense another masterpiece ~ B)/>/>

So what happened to Chunnibyou S-2 ?

Seems like some dark urban fantasy/mystery, which I like a lot. Woth KyoAni awesome animation it could be really good...

...But it's the first time KyoAni would do something like that.. Plus it has that typical chara-design that doesn't seem to fit the theme at all.

Little Busters! : Refrain to be animated

The last episode of little busters ended with a Refrain teaser video.

ace5479b.jpg

Refrain Teaser

We still have no info about when and how Refrain will debut and in twitter they said, they will announce more info at April 7. (Will edit the post when I got more info)

Source : ANN

Bad News :(/>

They ruined the first attempt at Little Busters Anime, this will be more fail. BAD!!

In my opinion, LB anime was acceptable.

Even thought some routes are done extremely bad *cough* Komari *cough*, I found other to be pretty enjoyable, especially Haruka. So I'm happy to see Refrain adaptation.

IS: Infinite Stratos got a new season

With IS light novels series restarting eighth volume on April 25, we got another news about new season of IS which was previously leaked by hanazawa kana. And now that news become official.

Source : MAL , ANN

Light novel corner

-----------------------------

NT-7 synopsis was out

Mm33Dfk.jpg

-That "Mental Out" girl who is the #5 Level 5 finally got a story. +1 to Touma Harem I guess

-More Biri Biri :wub:

Source: animesuki

is the new infinite stratos? second season/continuation? or a rumored reboot?

No official announcement as far as I know. However, since season 1 only adapted 3 volumes (plus a few chapters of vol 4 for OVA), I'm guessing this is a season 2 as they have enough materials to continue.

No official announcement as far as I know. However, since season 1 only adapted 3 volumes (plus a few chapters of vol 4 for OVA), I'm guessing this is a season 2 as they have enough materials to continue.

It would be great if they were really planning a season 2. I really enjoyed the first season, and was expecting a 2nd season since I finished.

• 3 weeks later...

Light Novel 'Outbreak Company - Moeru Shinryakusha' to get TV Anime Adaptation

Info about light novel:

Txbvl17.jpg

Author : Sakaki Ichirou (author of Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica )

Artist : Yuugen

Publisher : Kodansha

Synopsis :

Having a light novel writer father and an eroge illustrator mother, Kanou Shinichi is a thoroughbred otaku. However he does not have any special power except for his broad knowledge, sharp insight and impeccable instinct about "MOE" and its products, from manga to anime to games to light novel to figures. One day he found himself transported to a fantasy world where elves live and dragons fly. And he is given a task - not to fight monster or embark on a quest, but to enhance cultural exchange by becoming a "moe missionary" in this fantasy world! He meets a palace guard who has a bit of fujoshi taste, a half-elf maid and the empress who is a little girl. He comes up with the idea of building a school. At first it runs as a comedy but later there are serious matters that Shinichi needs to face: ethnic discrimination, social problems, conflict with neighboring countries, sabotage by opposition elements including Japanese government etc. Can he overcome the obstacles and successfully bring "moe" culture to the fantasy world and helps the people there as well?

Source : ANN , MAL

Light novel corner

---------------------------

7zDwCso.jpg

-Sword Art Online vol-12 English translation has started.

Seem like Cardinal can't resist Kirito's chick magnet too~ lol

It would be great if they were really planning a season 2. I really enjoyed the first season, and was expecting a 2nd season since I finished.

Yes, it was confirmed that it will be second season.

Infinite Stratos "New TV series" will be a second season

IS S-2 PV

Source : ANN

KyoAni swimming anime is coming in July

well~ we sensed this coming somehow~ didn't we ?

rlfptSC.jpg

FREE!! ~ lol

Genre : Sports, yaoi(just kidding or maybe not)

Synopsis

-----------------

Haruka, Rin, Makoto, and Nagisa used to be the members of the same swimming club in elementary school. They won a tournament just before their graduation and then they went separate ways. Time passed and now Haruka has been spending his high school days idly. One day, Rin comes to Haruka and challenges him to a swim. Haruka easily gets overwhelmed by Rin's swimming skills. In order to beat Rin, Haruka establishes the "Iwatobi High School Swimming Club" by gathering Makoto and Nagisa again and drafting in Rei.

Source : MAL

Light novel corner

-----------------------------

395px-IS_v08_001.jpg

Infinite Stratos volume 8 is out.

800px-IS_v08_004-005.jpg

Cool illustration

Source : BT

• 2 weeks later...

Baseball Manga 'Ace of Diamond' to get TV Anime Adaptation in Fall

Manga Statics :

14653.jpg

Authors: Terajima, Yuuji (Story & Art)

Genres : Comedy, School, Shounen, Sports

Status : Ongoing(chapter 102 is latest) NOTE: This is the status of scanlation.

Source : MAL

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sword Art Online second season has been green-lit and is set to air sometime in 2014. PV here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbpWiSdcf8

While the first season was mediocre (especially the ALO arc), I'm gonna watch this because Sawashiro Miyuki and the gorgeously animated action scenes compel me to.