Tsukihime crashes when I save (SOLVED)

Zalor

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese?: I am set my system locale to Japanese.

Game: Tsukihime

Description of Problem: I downloaded Tsukihime from this site. The game runs, however whenever I save the game it just closes. Then when I fire it up again it forces me to sit through the opening scene before I have access to the main menu, and my saves aren't their either :(/>/>.

Your Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit.

Are you running the correct, patched .EXE for the game? I believe the torrent Fuwanovel supplies is a patched version.

Have you tried Uninstalling/Reinstalling and then Redownloading? Yes.

Hi there. Having not played the game I can't offer help aside from asking that you please read this thread and use the format provided. It will really help out those who can troubleshoot this for you.

Thank you!

I edited my first post in the format provided. Sorry, I should have done that from the start.

One issue you can have with saves with post-Vista windows systems is permissions. Try running the game .exe with administrator privileges then save a game and see if it works.

edit: can you also check if you have actual save files in your Tsukihime folder? Their names are something like save1.dat, etc.

One issue you can have with saves with post-Vista windows systems is permissions. Try running the game .exe with administrator privileges then save a game and see if it works.

I ran the game with administrator privileges and the game still crashes whenever I save. Does it matter where my game is located? Because currently the folder that contains the game and all of it's files is on my desktop. Do I need it located at Program Files(x86)?

I ran the game with administrator privileges and the game still crashes whenever I save. Does it matter where my game is located? Because currently the folder that contains the game and all of it's files is on my desktop. Do I need it located at Program Files(x86)?

If you dont know how to edit permission for access to folders Ive aready posted this in another thread but here ya go.

Here are the steps to modify ownership and permissions of folders and files:

1. Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

2. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

3. Click Edit, and then do one of the following:

· To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.

· To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.

4. If you want to take ownership of the contents of the folder, select the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.

5. Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:

You do not have permission to read the contents of directory folder name. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?

All permissions will be replaced if you click Yes.

Note folder name is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of.

6. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.

Additional considerations

· An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.

· Assigning ownership of a file or a folder might require you to elevate your permissions using User Access Control.

Hope this helps. If you need further instructions or anything let me know

If you dont know how to edit permission for access to folders Ive aready posted this in another thread but here ya go.

Hope this helps. If you need further instructions or anything let me know

I checked, and it said I was the owner and that I had full control, so I don't think that is the issue.

I think my problem is that the folder the game's directory is telling it to save to is not there, which is why it results in a crash. However, I don't know where the game saves it's data, I assumed it would be in the folder it is in, (like with most games). What I'm saying is just a guess though, I don't really know why it won't save. Also what is gloval.sav? I assume it's a save file, but it's not helping me.

I checked, and it said I was the owner and that I had full control, so I don't think that is the issue.

I think my problem is that the folder the game's directory is telling it to save to is not there, which is why it results in a crash. However, I don't know where the game saves it's data, I assumed it would be in the folder it is in, (like with most games). What I'm saying is just a guess though, I don't really know why it won't save. Also what is gloval.sav? I assume it's a save file, but it's not helping me.

hmm oh ok. Let me check into it and find out where the save files are located (or supposed to be)

Give me a few ill get back to you in a minute

All the tsukihime save files are inside the Tsukihime main folder (the one named Tsukihime) under the name save1.dat, save2.dat etc. (there are at most 20 of them). I understand from your question that you don't have such files, therefore your guess might be correct. Did you try relocating your folder into Program Files?

Ok i think I got it figured out.

You said that you have the folder on your desktop right? If youll look at this. This is my Tsukihime Game folder.

Tsukihimesavefiles_zps96b177a7.png

Youll see the save files are in the same folder as the exe. I believe you need to move the folder to inside your C: or whatever your hard drive is. Just move them and try to save, the save files should appear then.

Im pretty sure thats the issue. Try it and let me know.

EDIT: Down beat me to it. But yea, dont need to be inside program files folder just off desktop.

All the tsukihime save files are inside the Tsukihime main folder (the one named Tsukihime) under the name save1.dat, save2.dat etc. (there are at most 20 of them). I understand from your question that you don't have such files, therefore your guess might be correct. Did you try relocating your folder into Program Files?

That's It! I think I know the problem now! Okay, my folder does not have save1.dat, save2.dat etc. Could someone upload them? Or at least fix the Tsukihime torrent on fuwanorvel.org to include them.

EDIT:

Ok i think I got it figured out.

You said that you have the folder on your desktop right? If youll look at this. This is my Tsukihime Game folder.

Tsukihimesavefiles_zps96b177a7.png

Youll see the save files are in the same folder as the exe. I believe you need to move the folder to inside your C: or whatever your hard drive is. Just move them and try to save, the save files should appear then.

Im pretty sure thats the issue. Try it and let me know.

EDIT: Down beat me to it. But yea, dont need to be inside program files folder just off desktop.

Just tried this and the save files still don't appear. I also tried moving it to Program Files and Program Files(x86). Yeah, I think I need to download the save files or something because their not appearing.

OK

You probably wont get the old save files you had, you might have to redo them if thats the case..

from GameFAQS

You just want one with all the endings registered, right? http://www.mediafire.com/?wizk3ilwj2w should work, then. But not all the bad ends have been seen, and I don't think I've viewed all the scenes yet, especially in Hisui's and Akiha's routes.

Im sure it doesnt replace what you lost but it should help you!!

OK

You probably wont get the old save files you had, you might have to redo them if thats the case..

from GameFAQS

Im sure it doesnt replace what you lost but it should help you!!

Thanks for the link. :)/>/> This is a step forward, I no longer have to skip through the prolouge before I can access the main menu. However, whenever I save it still crashes. :(/>

Thanks for the link. :)/>/> This is a step forward, I no longer have to skip through the prolouge before I can access the main menu. However, whenever I save it still crashes. :(/>/>

That still sounds like its a permissions issue. The folder doesnt have permission to add files.

weird. check the premissions again. since you moved the folder you may need to change them.