[Ongoing] Forum Emoticons

So let's try to start something for the forum shall we?

To get right to the point:

I'm making this thread for people to suggest emoticons we can add to our forum.

I think we have too little emoticons as of now and could use some more of them to express ourselves.

If you don't agree with this that's fine, you don't have to open the emoticons panel so you won't be bothered by it ;)

This is going to be an on-going thing that anyone can suggest at any time so it's not just a temporary thread so don't worry if you don't have time to make an emoticon right away.

Now I want you to keep in mind some regulations when posting emoticons:

1. Whatever emoticon you suggest can not exceed 30x30 pixels in size and must be in either PNG or GIF format. 20x20 is the size of the ones we have now by the way.
  2. GIFs can be animated but not too flashy, don't make an emoticon that stands out so much you don't even read the text.
  3. Nothing offensive. I'm trusting all of you have common sense but basically nothing sexual, rude, provocative, etc.
  4. Please provide what phrase would trigger the emoticon. The phrase must include non alphanumeric characters (double colons are recommended) for the sake of you not accidently typing it. It mustn't have any spaces either.

I have access to the emoticons as of now so I'll be picking what to add within reason, any questions you have feel free to ask.

I hope we can make our emoticons board more fun together :D

Why bother when we have the much utilized, highly praised emoticon of  :MareWish:.

On a serious note, I'll go hunting for some tonight, if not tomorrow.

In the mean time, here are three I just pulled off of the internet:

2chw5mg.gif :dapper:

Bananeyessss.gif :banana:

kaffeetrinker_2.gif :coffee:

I'd like to not have most of the gifs in this thread... too distracting. I'm really bad at dealing with distractions sometimes...

For future references Zaka's opinion doesn't count as he's distracted by literally anything that isn't plain text in standard forum formatting.

Emoticons added right now:

:sick:

:devil:

:angel:

:nervous:

Respective words:

I like emoticons, but please do not add a forum emoticon for :3

I've always enjoyed the basic text emoticon, but I have yet to find one that is visually pleasing in the same way.

Case in point: curly%2Blips%2Bemoticon.png and cat-emoticon-on-skype.gif

All emoticons will need to be assigned a real word and and non alphanumeric characters so don't worry about that.

working on it m8

----

We all knew this had to happen. It was our destiny from the very beginning.

20x20

bbbmxp.png

30x30

xxxaya.png

I guess it could be :scottsune: or :pizza:

Still internally debating on this.

To lazy to resize atm. but

bitter-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538521cry-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538522cute-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538522hit-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538523shy-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538525vortex-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538526worry-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538526

http://emoticoner.com/emoticons/pink-cat

:Kappa:

They're cute and all but they look pretty bad when resized, they were really meant to be used in this size and I think that's too big for our forums :P

For the record, IPB allows for bigger emoticons but I restricted it to 30x30 because anything bigger to me seems like an exaggeration (I wasn't even going to go bigger than 20 but I  thought i'd give you a little more margin)