Shin Koihime Musou (Translation Project) Recruitment and News

Pran

Shin Koihime Musou's translation project has officially started, Mangagamer has shown interest in this project to officially publish this game in english (and for this MKDude really deserves a lot of thanks).

As for the translation Akikojam has been translating this game from more then a year, so it was a lot of help in making the progress in translation, now Vorthod Wiler has also joined him in that area, so we are making more progress on it.
A fan recently was able to get a breakthrough on the editing of scripts, and Vorthod used that to help speed up the editing process (being the image editor I had the most use of it because now I can see what my edits looks like and do they need editing still). 

For now the translation team have the following members:
  • MKDude : Team Leader, Editor, Proofreader
  • Nekkaro : Editor, Proofreader
  • Pran(myself) : Graphic Editor
  • Akikojam : Translator
  • Vorthod Wiler : Translator, Editor

Progress percentages (As of 8-06)

main story: 70%
side events: 66%
H-scenes: 13%

The progress given is of only translation, proofreading and editing is still under process. More info on this will be added later.
Edited by Pran

So if I'm getting this right:

This is a translation project that has received official confirmation from MangaGamer giving them (the translation group in question) permission to translate a game (In this case Shin Koihime Musou) that MangaGamer has the rights to.  

Now my questions are:

1.  How will the technical work be done?

2-a.  Will there be a patch after completion (or even partial patches before completion)?

2-b.  Will the patch be given to the public for free with or without the game (at least the intentions for the patch, not other party intentions)?

3.  Will MangaGamer be using the translated text of this group in their copy of the game?

You are correct. This project is with the support of MangaGamer. In real life, I've got a working relationship with them and was able to talk to them about getting this translated.

1. We're doing the translating and proofreading ourselves. Then it will be sent to BaseSon (the developers) to add into the game, then sent back to us to beta test.

2-a. If there are any errors after we test it, we will create a patch. No point doing a job if we don't do it well.

2-b. I assume MangaGamer would release any patch made for free, but I do believe anyone interested would have t purchase the game from MangaGamer to have it in English.

3. Yes. We are doing the translations for the companies involved to use.

pretty cool project.So,with this deal,Mangagamer will simply sell the japanese import of the game on their site like they are doing to Umineko and Higanbana so that people could use the patch made by you guys after they buy it,right?That means there will be no issues with the voices like the first game did initially?

Still trying to figure that part out. I made reference to that issue to my MangaGamer guy, but communications tend to be slow on weekends. 

I'm also pretty sure MangaGamer will be selling a full English release, if all goes well. So you won't need to download a patch and all that crap just to play the game in English, you can just get the game.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you still looking for help?

If so, I can help with proof reading. I used to do it for a manga translation group.

Well that comes after tlc, and right now the translators are focusing on fully translating the game first, but thanks for you offer, when we get to that part and need any help surely will contact you :)