Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Guest Hungry Reader

You can add me to the group of those who registered just for giving their thanks.

When I start the game, I planned to ignore Miyako and just play the translated route. Four heroines on five,it is not bad. I wasn't expecting that Miyako will be my favorite... Damn :o ... 
And here you are, heroic translator on your white horse with your shining armor on. Truly thank.

Guest Unavailable

Will be Miyako's route released this month? would be a great present for the holiday xD.

Anyway, no need to rush. Is enough knowing that is will be finished soon.

Thanks again.

I can only speculate here. Rumor has it the entire Yandere team has quit and are inactive. Aiyoku no Eustia, Majikoi, Sengoku Rance, and a few others have all stalled because of that. It's a big deal, because these are some top notch VN's and Yandere has taken the responsibility of translating them. That means no other translation team will touch them. There are people that have been waiting for the Majokoi title alone to be finished for over a year, and the team won't give any concrete information on what's going on with them personally aside from a blurb about working alot at their job.

And more speculation based on this thread - I wonder if the original estimate of them being able to finish Mayiko in December was based on Yandere being 85% done. Maybe they were relying on only needing to do 15% after getting their hands on Yandere's progress. It was mentioned they had to start the entire route from scratch, but not whether they planned that ahead of time or not. I saw it mentioned that Yandere was uncooperate earlier, and any sort of constructive reply wasn't forthcoming. And one of the current translation team members (our white knights in this thread) mentioned later on that December was probably a little optimistic, but he didn't have the information on where everyone else on the team stood.

Point being, it's possible that the December date was given before the team knew they'd have to redo the whole route.

I'm not trying to put Yandere in a bad light, mind you. I appreciate the efforts they made even if they weren't able to follow through. It's just that I, like everyone else, would like an official statement bringing the situation to a close so other teams to grab these projects that Yandere is sitting on.

I think they're either translating route from scratch (starting on the beach before fight with with shadows), or they already got their hands on what Yandere translated. Its not like they were planning to randomly select 15% of text, and later magically add it together with yandere release - if they were to know what to skip from translating, they had to know exactly which parts are already translated - as in, having them in front of their eyes.

I can only speculate here. Rumor has it the entire Yandere team has quit and are inactive. Aiyoku no Eustia, Majikoi, Sengoku Rance, and a few others have all stalled because of that. It's a big deal, because these are some top notch VN's and Yandere has taken the responsibility of translating them. That means no other translation team will touch them. There are people that have been waiting for the Majokoi title alone to be finished for over a year, and the team won't give any concrete information on what's going on with them personally aside from a blurb about working alot at their job.

And more speculation based on this thread - I wonder if the original estimate of them being able to finish Mayiko in December was based on Yandere being 85% done. Maybe they were relying on only needing to do 15% after getting their hands on Yandere's progress. It was mentioned they had to start the entire route from scratch, but not whether they planned that ahead of time or not. I saw it mentioned that Yandere was uncooperate earlier, and any sort of constructive reply wasn't forthcoming. And one of the current translation team members (our white knights in this thread) mentioned later on that December was probably a little optimistic, but he didn't have the information on where everyone else on the team stood.

Point being, it's possible that the December date was given before the team knew they'd have to redo the whole route.

I'm not trying to put Yandere in a bad light, mind you. I appreciate the efforts they made even if they weren't able to follow through. It's just that I, like everyone else, would like an official statement bringing the situation to a close so other teams to grab these projects that Yandere is sitting on.

I think they're either translating route from scratch (starting on the beach before fight with with shadows), or they already got their hands on what Yandere translated. Its not like they were planning to randomly select 15% of text, and later magically add it together with yandere release - if they were to know what to skip from translating, they had to know exactly which parts are already translated - as in, having them in front of their eyes.

All right, let me clear this up: We will NOT be able to finish this by 2014. That rumor was based on having Yandere's translation, but so far, they have not given it to us. We are still trying to get in contact with them, but we're currently just doing it from scratch. If I had to give a (very) rough estimate, I would say around late February. But that is only my guess, of course.

All right, let me clear this up: We will NOT be able to finish this by 2014. That rumor was based on having Yandere's translation, but so far, they have not given it to us. We are still trying to get in contact with them, but we're currently just doing it from scratch. If I had to give a (very) rough estimate, I would say around late February. But that is only my guess, of course.

Oh i see that clears things up a bit,but just knowing someone is actually translating it makes me happy :wub:

Guest Unavailable

I think just knowing what the team is having to deal with and how it affects progression goes a long way towards appeasing your fan club. After all, Yandere has been practically silent since 2012 so no one knew what was going on. That was a larger source of frustration than the translation not being done.

If Yandere had said "Our goal is such-and-such percent a week, to be completed summer 2014" and simply updated their progress every month or two on the sidebar, then people would have been more calm about it all. It was the lack of communication that did so much damage to their reputation.

I really don't care if it's delayed a few times. The team isn't getting paid, so there's no shame in not hitting deadlines or something. As long as the fans are able to watch from the sidelines and not be kept in the dark, I think most people will be just fine with that.

I totally concur.  Translation team is not getting paid so they don't have to meet any deadlines. But, letting your fans know your progress is an important consideration towards your fans. Even rough estimates every month or so help keep the fans mind calm. It is truly nerve racking to look forward to something that you don't know when it will arrive.

It is sad to that nobody at yandere stoped for a seceond to make a single updaye of whats going on with them in 2013. I mean no matter how much of work you have uopi can always make a single statement in a year to say that they are:

* suspending any work on translation - but are planning to go bakc to it later

* they are giving up and oficialy pass the work to someone else

^ that they dont care anymore (so anybody can pick up the work form them anyway)

If they all havent died all fo a sudden thats the least i expect. not after more than a year of silence.

ofc those ppl are legends thx to Majikoi Sengoku Rnace (!) and others stuff, thats why I cant understand why they didnt give a single sign of life for that long.

Just another person making any account to say thank you.

I found all the translated routes left a bad taste in my mouth because Miyako gets kicked to the ground every single time. It's just not right and she deserves better. I feel that a good chunk of my enjoyment in the novel was overshadowed by guilt. That would have all been alleviated if I could have read Miyako's route. The way it's left now, it feels like she was thrown into a ditch and abandoned because there's no way to see her happy (in English), instead only lots of repeated emotional pain.

So, thanks to the current translation team for bringing some justice to Miyako's world. Also, thank you for all the time you're selflessly investing so others can enjoy this novel. You're doing a great thing, and I'm sure you know how many people have wanted to see this novel's translation completed. It must feel overwhelming to know you're making so many people smile. I envy that.

Thanks again!

And if you didn't kick her, she would rape you in a bush ;_;

Come to think of it, this bush rape is considered as bad ending, but as for me, i wouldn't say it so confidently))) So with other endings with Myako into another girls' routes. Not so bad at all, especially for those whose favourite girl is Myako))

Every ending with Miyako is a good one!

Guys do you actually need to get in touch with Yandere to take where they left off? I was under the impression that said 85% was already included in the current partial patch, as a good chunk of the Miyako story route is already translated in said patch. It may sound silly but, it would probably save time if you start translating from that point. I dont know anything about software, but if you can't release a patch that starts from a certain line, I would think you could somehow rip what lies translated in said patch for the Miyako route. Also this is just my opinion but I think Yandere is basically dead, no one there would want to make a formal statement like "Sorry we picked up these projects and didn't finish them, but enjoy what we did do. Oyasumi!" They did good work but if you put yourself in their shoes it makes sense what is going on.

Also are you guys planning on working on parts of Majikoi S? One thing I've noticed is that Majikoi S has alot less content than Majikoi so it would certainly be a faster translation, but also has more routes so it would be a more optimal oppurunity to release partial patches and ease responsibility on whoever is translating. I don't think this would be much offense to Wairu anyways as they are working on something else.

Thanks for your help translating this regardless.

I am sure most everyone on team saw recent partial patch. I stopped playing at point where translation stops, so I don't know if there is anything translated after that. But most recent patch was released when there was less than 75% of Miyako route translated - thats why they're starting effectively from scratch. For all we know, last yandere partial patch contains less than 10% of translation. Anyway, they've seen the files, so last estimate (february) seemed to be made with that in mind, whatever the amount already translated is.

I do find it odd that NOBODY on yandere team replied. If they did, we could have had the patch by new year.

As for S, Wairu translations recently updated, so they're still figting the good fight - no need for us heroes to be distracted from Miyako.

is Majikoi S being actively translated? only Tsubame's route was worth playing out of the ones that they did (Kokoro one was like another version of Chris' route). I'd like to play Koyuki and Tatsuko route if possible and on that note its confusing about Tatsuko since i didnt play the Agave route of the original one i suppose...how does she know Yamato anyway?

is Majikoi S being actively translated? only Tsubame's route was worth playing out of the ones that they did (Kokoro one was like another version of Chris' route). I'd like to play Koyuki and Tatsuko route if possible and on that note its confusing about Tatsuko since i didnt play the Agave route of the original one i suppose...how does she know Yamato anyway?

If you're talking about Tatsuko, she appears in Miyako's route if I'm not mistaken (and she has another little appareance in other route too, sleeping next to Yamato in the river shore; I don't remember which route, though).

Now, I liked Kokoro's route just because I like Kokoro, but it wasn't as good as Monshiro's or Tsubame's. But, well, comparing Majikoi S to Majikoi, I would go 100% with Majikoi (note that this may change when I actually finish the entire visual novel, as I only played the translated routes like Margit, etc; but, for now, Majikoi wins story wise, comedy, and etc-stuff).

Guys do you actually need to get in touch with Yandere to take where they left off? I was under the impression that said 85% was already included in the current partial patch, as a good chunk of the Miyako story route is already translated in said patch. It may sound silly but, it would probably save time if you start translating from that point. I dont know anything about software, but if you can't release a patch that starts from a certain line, I would think you could somehow rip what lies translated in said patch for the Miyako route. Also this is just my opinion but I think Yandere is basically dead, no one there would want to make a formal statement like "Sorry we picked up these projects and didn't finish them, but enjoy what we did do. Oyasumi!" They did good work but if you put yourself in their shoes it makes sense what is going on.

Also are you guys planning on working on parts of Majikoi S? One thing I've noticed is that Majikoi S has alot less content than Majikoi so it would certainly be a faster translation, but also has more routes so it would be a more optimal oppurunity to release partial patches and ease responsibility on whoever is translating. I don't think this would be much offense to Wairu anyways as they are working on something else.

Thanks for your help translating this regardless.

There is like 20-30% of text translated in patch from Miyako route. So there is a lot to translate anyway

If you're talking about Tatsuko, she appears in Miyako's route if I'm not mistaken (and she has another little appareance in other route too, sleeping next to Yamato in the river shore; I don't remember which route, though).

Now, I liked Kokoro's route just because I like Kokoro, but it wasn't as good as Monshiro's or Tsubame's. But, well, comparing Majikoi S to Majikoi, I would go 100% with Majikoi (note that this may change when I actually finish the entire visual novel, as I only played the translated routes like Margit, etc; but, for now, Majikoi wins story wise, comedy, and etc-stuff).

ah didnt know she appeared in Miyako's one and also Tatsuko is like Miyako she loves Yamato in all the routes/timelines and i was wondering why,was interested in the story there

Kokoro's route was funny,i really like her voice actor and her reactions xD but other than that average. But Tsubame's route more than worth it for playing Majikoi S,her route was epic and i really liked her it was the first time i played a single route in one go(including the common route so took literally an entire day). Really liked the fact that she gets 2 alternate endings xD cant wait to see wats in store in her after story(again?) in A-3

I have been meaning to ask but is there a tatsuko route? It looks like there is but I dont seee where exactly. All that is left is miyako and agave.

Tatsuko is one of the five main heroines in Majikoi S the sequel (with Koyuki being the secret heroine i guess)

I have been meaning to ask but is there a tatsuko route? It looks like there is but I dont seee where exactly. All that is left is miyako and agave.

I believe Tatsuko is heavily involved in the Agave route, there is a choice that leads you down her path or something like that.