OP not working for vns.

mitchhamilton

so, ive been having this problem with vns for a while now. i believe it has something to do with my recently installed codec. i would uninstall it but its keeping another vn of mine working properly. the problem is is that with funbag fantasy, grisaia no kajitsu, and beat blade haruka is that i cant see the op. well, with funbag and grisaia, it just skips the op altogether, with beat blade haruka it plays the op but i only have sound, no video. when bbh plays its op, in the system tray it shows that the encoding is running. lav audio encoding, video encoding, and lav splitter.

any ideas? i have a vista btw.

(Re)install ffdshow https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

The issue is almost certainly what is chosen for mpeg1 video decoding since that's what most OPs are. When configuring ffdshow, check what is associated with mpeg1 decoding and choose the appropriate option (note I'm a linux user but the same issue occurs when configuring ffdshow under the windows emulator on linux so I figure that's your problem.) If one option for mpeg1 doesn't work, try another.

8 minutes ago, ittaku said:

(Re)install ffdshow https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

The issue is almost certainly what is chosen for mpeg1 video decoding since that's what most OPs are. When configuring ffdshow, check what is associated with mpeg1 decoding and choose the appropriate option (note I'm a linux user but the same issue occurs when configuring ffdshow under the windows emulator on linux so I figure that's your problem.) If one option for mpeg1 doesn't work, try another.

?
:michiru:

8 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

mine looks nothing like that. :kosame:

During install, not after it's running. But basically any way you configure it, which you can do after it's running and looks different, check the mpeg-1 settings. Usually ffdshow does NOT set an mpeg-1 decoder.