What is this anime?

Hayashi

So school just started and sometimes I would load up some VNs and read in the canteen/library and some other places during free periods and lunch breaks, I can read Vns in school due to the fact thats being a grade 13, and it's the last year of high school, and teachers don't care anymore. 

And something strange happened a few days ago, was reading konoora FD. And this little dude grade 7(?) came up and went "Oh what anime is that?" And naturally as a responsible member of the school community and replied "It's a VN" and kept on reading and ignored the kid. And turns out the kid kept watching for 15 mins~(?) And what he said afterwards "This is really boring, all you do is read?" "Anime is better". Which took me by surprise, how does one relate VN and boring? It's impossible. And what's worse, I dislike anime can't watch any after reading VNs.

Had to share this, I don't know tbh.

I have a friend who dislikes VNs and I feel the same way... but it is a matter of tastes. If you don't like reading, you probably would prefer anime by a long shot. I'm a hardened bibliophile who loves anime aesthetic, so to someone like me they'd seem like the best thing ever, but for most other people, it would probably be pretty hard to get in to VNs. What doesn't help is the horrendous pacing many VNs seem to have. But as a whole, I do think it's wrong to conflate VNs and boring, it's a medium of storytelling like any other and just like anime, some can be boring, but some can be incredibly engaging.

edit: Oh, no... my window was acting up. If a mod could delete those posts I'd be very grateful. I'm so sorry :marie:

Edited by akaritan

I have a friend who dislikes VNs and I feel the same way... but it is a matter of tastes. If you don't like reading, you probably would prefer anime by a long shot. I'm a hardened bibliophile who loves anime aesthetic, so to someone like me they'd seem like the best thing ever, but for most other people, it would probably be pretty hard to get in to VNs. What doesn't help is the horrendous pacing many VNs seem to have. But as a whole, I do think it's wrong to conflate VNs and boring, it's a medium of storytelling like any other and just like anime, some can be boring, but some can be incredibly engaging.

About your situation, he was only around 12 or 13 if you think of it. And most anime which kid at that age watch would be either Dragon Ball or Naruto imo (I didn't knew which anime that was broadcasted right now in Hong Kong). Also maybe he didn't understand Japanese there, since Konosora FD was untranslated and to be honest for someone who didn't knew VN it was just looks like static image to some people (Which is why that it was quite hard to impress people with VN here). Just my thought here okay, and of course I take a liking to VN (Otherwise I won't be here).

I find in most VNs with decent writing, you can also learn a thing or two about the world or some discipline. Like occult or psychology in Ever 17, time travel and science in Steins;Gate, and many more.

I still remember how in Never 7 the characters reflect on how the April sea would be with a temperature of 2 months earlier. Really handy knowledge when going to the beach that I never reflected upon.

7 hours ago, Okarin said:

I find in most VNs with decent writing, you can also learn a thing or two about the world or some discipline. Like occult or psychology in Ever 17, time travel and science in Steins;Gate, and many more.

I still remember how in Never 7 the characters reflect on how the April sea would be with a temperature of 2 months earlier. Really handy knowledge when going to the beach that I never reflected upon.

Konozora spent about 3-4 hours teaching me how gliders work. Was interesting.