Atmospheric, weird, disturbing, intriguing VNs?

Freddie The Potato

Heya, I'm a huge anime, manga and games fan really wanting to get into visual novels.

I recently had the pleasure of experiencing Song of Saya for my first visual novel and really loved it. I'm looking to get into visual novels now but I'm having a hard time finding anything that interests me. I tend to enjoy the more obscure, atmospheric entries to a given form of media.

I'm looking for something with a deep interesting atmosphere. Something that makes you feel weird, disturbed yet intrigued and curious at the same time.

To be more specific, here's a list of all my favorite things in the world :miyako: If you know of anything similar to what I've listed or can think of something that conveys something akin to the aforementioned ideal experience, I would really appreciate the recommendation :sachi: 

-Song of Saya

-Angel's Egg

-Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust

-Akira (Movie and Manga)

-Serial Experiments Lain

-Bloodborne

-The End of Evangelion

Or maybe there's a VN that you just really personally adore ^_^

Thaaaanks~ 

Like Solidbatman earlier here, I'd also recommended House in Fata Morgana here. As for your request here, well if you looking for atmospheric VN like the anime above there's not much here that was translated for now. Although maybe if you looking closely resemble to that, you could try Kara no Shoujo duology here (And Cartagra as well). Oh, also Umineko here might be good for you as well (Also check Higurashi there). Hope it'll help you here and welcome to Fuwanovel by the way.

https://vndb.org/v13199 A surrealist episodic visual novel based on the works of H. Bosch.

https://vndb.org/v10526 The closest vns/anime/manga get to pure horror. 

Also, you might like to have a look at this tag https://vndb.org/g846?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-846;m=0;o=d;s=rating

The House in Fata Morgana is a very good choice. I would also recommend Phenomeno, which is a short horror VN with gorgeous art and an incredibly strong atmosphere. As a side note, I haven't finished it quite yet, but I'm reading Inganock and that might be what you're looking for? The world is very intriguing, and the writing and music form a tone that you can't really get anywhere else.

7 hours ago, solidbatman said:

The House in Fata Morgana 

one and fucking done

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Like Solidbatman earlier here, I'd also recommended House in Fata Morgana here. As for your request here, well if you looking for atmospheric VN like the anime above there's not much here that was translated for now. Although maybe if you looking closely resemble to that, you could try Kara no Shoujo duology here (And Cartagra as well). Oh, also Umineko here might be good for you as well (Also check Higurashi there). Hope it'll help you here and welcome to Fuwanovel by the way.

Hot damn that was like all of my runner-up ideas lol.

Also, while I haven't read it personally yet, Forest might fit your criteria. I hear it is one of the most surreal VNs out there.