Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy (Future & Despair)

Eclipsed

Despair 11

Nothing too fancy happens to wrap up this Despair arc, just a few more glimpses of Ultimate Despair and some banter between high profile characters

I liked the ending's call back to DR2's beginning meeting Chiaki, I was actually able to keep up with her very elementary & robotic introduction, and it makes me wanna replay DR2 :ryuusui:

In my opinion.

Spoiler

Hope arc will be about Makoto and Hajime battling against the mastermind on the ruins of KibouGamine gakuen.

But then, who is the mastermind? someone who knows the future foundation, who know her well, and who has good analysis skills.

Also, Togami kind of disappeared, why?

Why is Asahina part of the 13th and not under the (former) 14th branch leader?

The mastermind is the leader of the 13th, and there's a good reason Asahina was part of the 13th branch and not the 14th.

Oh and i said former, but Cure Waifu is real, i forgot that.

1 hour ago, B. Ronoue said:

Future 12 spoilers below.

Reveal hidden contents

The last minute "Hope video" in Future 12 was rather cheesy.

Like others I didn't like, in particular, the last episode. Please don't let Hope arc be a disappointment...

Wait, you are expecting something from danganronpa? :holo: 

DR3 really didn't do the series any justice.

When you don't have stylistic class trials and murder mysteries with an eccentric cast to work with anymore, all you have left then is to build upon existing universe lore

And holy hell did they bomb that

The whole hope vs. despair thing they had going on the entire series now became the most shallow plot conflict I've ever seen, everything just boils down to a deus ex machina plot device, like omg there's no complex motives or idealogies, no intricate origins behind Ultimate Despair, and the supposed solution being 'fight the deus ex machina plot device with our own deus ex machina plot device!' is just NO

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

DR3 really didn't do the series any justice.

When you don't have stylistic class trials and murder mysteries with an eccentric cast to work with anymore, all you have left then is to build upon existing universe lore

And holy hell did they bomb that

The whole hope vs. despair thing they had going on the entire series now became the most shallow plot conflict I've ever seen, everything just boils down to a deus ex machina plot device, like omg there's no complex motives or idealogies, no intricate origins behind Ultimate Despair, and the supposed solution being 'fight the deus ex machina plot device with our own deus ex machina plot device!' is just NO

I would say, you want to do justice to the series?

Cut off the NG Code bullshit, don't make a final killing game, do a mystery anime, like the group investigating what's happening, but without doing a killing game, it doesn't work, and even if the new cast had some really cool chars, now, they just decided to take the "let's fuck the whole fandom" route, and it did work.

Spoiler

The 10 minutes of Chiaki's torture was unnecessary, it was just a way to fuck the half of the community that didn't mourn Kyoko's "death".

The problem is, they should've made 24 episodes per side, if they wanted to really treat the universe, but guess they didn't care enough.

It has some great moments, and some really well made trolls.

Spoiler

Like how they are handling the whole Kyoko's death, that is well done, i feel like a morron when i believed in the troll...And yet they are still trolling us...

Spoiler

Fuck, they even killed Juzo, fucking Juzo!

But yeh, it's not bad, it's disappointing, that's quite different. 

I'll get around to watching the uber hyped / epic disaster flop that is Hope side sometime later

But if there is one positive thing that came out of DR3 for me

Is the DR3 New World Order BGM, violins are always autowin for me, i really liked whenever this played at the end of them Future Episodes to hype things up.:upupu:

Unfortunately the DR3 OST won't come out until Oct/Dec so here's a horribad ripped version someone made:

~~
I also actually listened to Despair side's OP, and found it to be pretty catchy with the "DR2 cast's innocent days" vibe, it's been my phone's morning alarm wake up for the past week >.> 

3 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

I'll get around to watching the uber hyped / epic disaster flop that is Hope side sometime later

But if there is one positive thing that came out of DR3 for me

Is the DR3 New World Order BGM, violins are always autowin for me, i really liked whenever this played at the end of them Future Episodes to hype things up.:upupu:

Unfortunately the DR3 OST won't come out until Oct/Dec so here's a horribad ripped version someone made:

~~
I also actually listened to Despair side's OP, and found it to be pretty catchy with the "DR2 cast's innocent days" vibe, it's been my phone's morning alarm wake up for the past week >.> 

Fuck off, Hope-side is yes, extremely cheesy, but we deserved such an ending after the shithole called danganronpa 3.

I can't think of a memer ending. 

• 2 months later...