The Devil Is Not Home [18+] - Progress 8/31/16

Gauzra

smalllogotextonly_zpsmx3f4vjo.png~origin

Under development by EggDev.

Synopsis

Satan has urgent matters to attend to and must leave Hell!

He is unsure that the demons will properly live up to his expectations in his absence and be able to truly represent what Hell is. To remedy the situation he decides to issue a true test of demonic will power.

The Chaos Championship

An all out competition between the three highest ranking demons in Hell to see who can destroy and spread what Satan will deem as true Chaos. The victor is offered their very own circle of Hell to rule over. An entire domain personalized to their tastes, no request too large!

Faced with this irresistible offer, Jaya, Meridia and Kijo agree to undertake the challenge in order to prove which one of them is the greatest demon in all of Hell.

The Demons

PROMO-MeridiaBanner1000_zps539xxnqi.png~

Meridia

Resident bookworm and owner of the nicest hair in all of Hell. A stern believer in rules and an aspiring writer. (Rumor has it her books aren't very good) Her ghostly companion follows her wherever she goes and tries to keep her safe. (Emphasis on tries.)

She decides that using demons is the best way to win the Chaos Championship. What better way to raise Hell than using Hell itself?

Sprite

Spoiler

MeriMarketWithWater_zpstwyrjkvu.png~orig

Jaya - (PROMO ART COMING SOON)

Brash and difficult to handle, Jaya acts before she thinks and has a huge appetite. Physically the strongest of all demons and she is usually seen bragging about it.

She decides to invade Heaven in an attempt to win the Chaos Championship.

Sprite

Spoiler

JayaMarketWithWater_zpsdgt1lma8.png~orig

PROMO-Kijo%20-%201000_zpstejavngj.png

Kijo

The demon with the split personality. Incredibly lazy and always wanting to sleep. Everything is too much of a hassle and she has a difficult time controlling her sudden personality flips.

Ends up drawing the short straw and has to go to Earth in order to attempt to win the Chaos Championship.

Sprite

Spoiler

KijoMarketWithWater_zpssdddhv5k.png~orig

Other Characters Coming Soon! 

The EggDev Team

We are a married couple that has dabbled in gamedev before. One day we decided to actually devote to it when we were able to afford a sandwich from our old crappy flash games.

Gauzra

In charge of all the writing/music and actual programming of the game. Fortunately I've got a bit of experience with audio and music and have worked in IT, giving me a somewhat rounded skill set.

Zombzilla

The in house artist. Been drawing since she was about 12 or 13 years old. Huge work load on her for all art assets but we are progressing at a rapid pace. Additionally responsible for ghost writing and catching any mistakes I make. (There are a lot of them.)

Progress Report - 6/28/16

Spoiler

About 80-90% of our character sprites are complete, expressions and all. We have been working on this project since the beginning of May and are estimating that it will be finished some time around the end of October. No solid release date has been set yet as it is too early in production.

Currently we are compiling the actual story with the completed script and finishing the last of the character sprites. After this comes the background and music/sound effects.

Progress Report - 8/31/16

It's been a while since we've posted an update, we recently moved states and it took us about a month to finally get everything together and back on track. Never fear though, we've got a mockup teaser with a completed background. Hope you guys enjoy bright colors!

Spoiler

862f109eec.jpg

Social Media and More

Little bits and pieces of our day to day work can be found on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. You guys should follow us for instant updates!

Twitter

Instagram

Tumblr

We are planning on completing an 18+ version and a SFW version that will be hopefully releasable on Steam. There is also the possibility of taking our idea to kickstarter but there are no solid plans for that in place yet. At least not until we have more completed CG's and are further along production.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

Stay tuned!

This post would likely be way more interesting if I had permission to see the images. Other than that it sounds interesting. Not quire sure what to expect though. Flash game devs making a VN about a championship makes me wonder if it will be full of minigames.

Looks promising and appeals quite a bit to me since I like demons and all :sachi: I'll be keeping an eye on the progress of this.

I do have to say, I love the design for Meridia and Kijo (also the split personality thing is a nice addition)

26 minutes ago, Gauzra said:

Should be all fixed. We promise no annoying mini games!

I'll hold you to that, mini games can get quite annoying and frustrating :amane:

Nice work, keep it up! :sacchan:

38 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Looks promising and appeals quite a bit to me since I like demons and all :sachi: I'll be keeping an eye on the progress of this.

I do have to say, I love the design for Meridia and Kijo (also the split personality thing is a nice addition)

I'll hold you to that, mini games can get quite annoying and frustrating :amane:

Nice work, keep it up! :sacchan:

Thanks! We're thinking of including full character bios but it's at the back burner until we make a little more progress on the core game components.

Meridia best girl:sacchan:.  Kijo looks fine. Jaya's face looks a bit androgynous to me. 

I really like the whole character design of Meridia. Getting a Daria vibe out of Kijo lol.  Arts appealing so far, Can't comment about the writing since there's no dialog.

The story is cliche, but there's nothing wrong with that if its entertaining so good luck with the writing. 

Since you'll plan for a 18+ release 2, what h-genres will the game have? 

Good luck to you'll, will check up on your updates:sachi:.

9 hours ago, Gauzra said:

Thanks! We're thinking of including full character bios but it's at the back burner until we make a little more progress on the core game components.

Oh? can't wait to read more about Meridia and Kijo the latter more than the first because I wanna see what the story behind her split personality is like.

Like I said pretty interesting to me, hope to see more updates in the future and keep up the great work. :sachi: 

11 hours ago, Gauzra said:

We are a married couple

I just spotted that sentence and connected it with the theme "3 demons have to behave themselves when the boss isn't at home". I wonder if that is a hint of having 3 children ^_^

Jokes aside, this looks like it could be interesting. It's not clear which genre it will be. I hope for comedy. Rance have great success in being a demon like protagonist (in behavior) in a comedy approach.

10 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Meridia best girl:sacchan:.  Kijo looks fine. Jaya's face looks a bit androgynous to me. 

I really like the whole character design of Meridia. Getting a Daria vibe out of Kijo lol.  Arts appealing so far, Can't comment about the writing since there's no dialog.

The story is cliche, but there's nothing wrong with that if its entertaining so good luck with the writing. 

Since you'll plan for a 18+ release 2, what h-genres will the game have? 

Good luck to you'll, will check up on your updates:sachi:.

So far there's been a lot of Yuri planned but we are willing to add a few scenes here and there depending on feedback. The ratio of male to female characters in the game is about 1:10.

19 minutes ago, tymmur said:

I just spotted that sentence and connected it with the theme "3 demons have to behave themselves when the boss isn't at home". I wonder if that is a hint of having 3 children ^_^

Jokes aside, this looks like it could be interesting. It's not clear which genre it will be. I hope for comedy. Rance have great success in being a demon like protagonist (in behavior) in a comedy approach.

Nope no kids for us.

As far as the genre of the story it definitely leans towards comedy and doesn't take itself too seriously. No tear jerkers here.

If anything it's more about the antics that the three main girls get themselves into in their attempts to win the championship.

Yeah and my comment on how Lucretia looked also disappeared  with the rollback :komari:. Anyways I had said that she looked like the kind of mischievous, wise big sister and that I looked forward to seeing how she was tied to Kijo's story and personality disorder.

I can only make speculations but either she might be partially the cause of it or maybe she keeps her in check and helps her out with the issue as kind of a guardian or friend that looks over her, quite eager to see where this goes.

Great job :sachi:  

Ps: Kijo's promo looks really cute.

On 7/10/2016 at 4:38 PM, DarkZedge said:

Yeah and my comment on how Lucretia looked also disappeared  with the rollback :komari:. Anyways I had said that she looked like the kind of mischievous, wise big sister and that I looked forward to seeing how she was tied to Kijo's story and personality disorder.

I can only make speculations but either she might be partially the cause of it or maybe she keeps her in check and helps her out with the issue as kind of a guardian or friend that looks over her, quite eager to see where this goes.

Great job :sachi:  

Ps: Kijo's promo looks really cute.

Thanks!

Lucretia is going to be a surprise, all I can say is that her character works to balance out Kijo's instability.